Addick In Peace, Question For You All

Guest Addick In Peace

Guest Addick In Peace

Personally I love the look of the west stand from the outside, it looks old-skool. Things could be much worse, you could be watching your football in a bowl stadium . . .

post-19146-010204500 1293119503_thumb.jp

Edited by Addick In Peace

Guest Addick In Peace

Haha, in fact, Google have done the work for you! There's a streetview image of the ground right from the edge of that cliff...

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=53.41076,-1.490707&spn=0,0.006539&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.41076,-1.490707&cbp=12,0,,0,5&photoid=po-14116773

Ha thats brilliant! That tree could do with a few branches taken off, better not ruin my shot :dry:

Guest johnowls

I don't think it's the same position as the shot on that Wikipedia article, but I got some great views/pictures from this location:

hillsborough_viewpoint.png

Not too far from the stadium, but fairly high up to get a decent viewing angle, I think johnowls mentioned the same place earlier in the thread.

I think the photo is from there or close to there (your pin)as you can see the wires in shot and from the angle of the gold shop place would be about same.

also its a straight line from the north stand roof on the wikki pic and if you follow it on your pic it leads to there

Edited by johnowls

Guest Addick In Peace

Bing maps have "birds eye views" at an angle over most of the UK, worth a look at Hillsborough

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MUKMMP&PUBL=Google&mkt=en-GB&crea=userid2508go2d31d19252d0b114ed487e8ed62ff0c8#JnE9LnNoZWZmaWVsZCt3ZWRuZXNkYXkrZm9vdGJhbGwrY2x1YiU3ZXNzdC4wJTdlcGcuMSZiYj00MC40ODMyNjgzMDY4MjU5JTdlLTc0LjMyMjcyNDczMDgyNDYlN2U0MC40NzA2NDAwNDQwMTA1JTdlLTc0LjM0NjAyNzc2Mjc0Ng==

you can pan around for different views using the arrows at the top of the picture.

Edited by Addick In Peace

Thanks for the link johnowls and Hootie for the postcode, I'll take some photos from these locations and yes dan27, I will definetly be sharing them with you all on the forum next month.

Also if anybody knows 'jamsandwich' or knows the link for the photos he took I'd love to see them as would a few people here as well.

Oh and thanks for the advice on Utds training ground I'll take care!

Click here for his profile and send him a message.

I used to live at Shirecliffe, there is new estate on the site of the old college grounds, next to the estate is a football pitch which I've walked on many times. There is also an old gun stand there. From this position you get a very good view of Hillsborough and a few of the surrounding area's.

The post code for Standish Avenue is S5 8XQ, if you look on google earth you should be able to find it quite easily. If you are wanting to go and take photo's from that position yourself, there is no acess from Standish Avenue, access can be gained via Standish Bank.

Be careful up that neck of the woods though, Utd's academy, or Pig Farm as I like to call it, is in that area, wouldn't like to see you catch anything.

There was a poster on here who took a few excellent photo's on the approach to the Kop from Herries rd. I think it may have been Jamsandwich, apologies if I'm wrong.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shouldn't that be 'Pigglet Farm'?

Guest Addick In Peace

Hi everyone, just come on quickly to check where to go to take my photos on saturday. Just to confirm that the cliff can be reached from Scraith Wood Drive. Also, this may be a stupid question but having never been toHillsborough before, is it possible to get up to that bridge going over Herries road, only looking at the ground from ground level on google street view it dosn't look great.

Thanks everyone.

Guest GodsanOwl

The bridge going over Herries Road is a railway bridge so I doubt it would be legal or safe to go up there.

To be honest the pinpointed position is much higher up than the bridge anyway as the railway line which crosses the bridge is down a large cliff from it!

Hi everyone, just come on quickly to check where to go to take my photos on saturday. Just to confirm that the cliff can be reached from Scraith Wood Drive. Also, this may be a stupid question but having never been toHillsborough before, is it possible to get up to that bridge going over Herries road, only looking at the ground from ground level on google street view it dosn't look great.

Thanks everyone.

you need to be parking almost underneath the bridge (arches) but you can't get onto it if that's what you were meaning

Guest Addick In Peace

you need to be parking almost underneath the bridge (arches) but you can't get onto it if that's what you were meaning

Thats alright, if the cliff is a better viewpoint then I'll just go there. I'm getting a supporters coach to Hillsborough so I'll be walking from the ground. Thanks.

Thats alright, if the cliff is a better viewpoint then I'll just go there. I'm getting a supporters coach to Hillsborough so I'll be walking from the ground. Thanks.

Tbh mate, my opinion (fwiw) is the view is as good from road level under the bridge as it is from above.

Maybe that's just childhood memories though.