He will play the same side again

The side he played will start week in .........week out. Its a joke.

Alan .........If you don't play a central midfielder who can sit in front of the defence we will get mauled every week.

Potter shouldn't play - end of. Put O'Connor in at least he can tackle and show some passion.

As we have injuries here is the team you should pick

GK Weaver

RB Jones (Semi when fit)

CB Purse (Buxton when fit)

CB Beevers

LB Spurr (Jones when rest are fit)

RM JJ

CM O'Connor (Coke when fit) (Where is Palmer - as Preston fans told us never give youth a chance)

CM Miller

LM Teale

CF Mellor (rotated with Morrison - whover is on form)

CF Heffernan (Absolute disgrace this guy has not already got ten goals) (Also throw some young guns in now and again)

This division is full of young players - why Alan are we not increasing our squad by giving some youngsters a run now and again,

The team selection is bloody simple and he doesn't get it right - week in week out.

Also if you sit our back four on the edge of our box we are exposed for attack because of the gap between the midfield.

Players required in January - Buxton back is a must. Coke back sooner the better. We need a captain ........ Sign a proper bloody captain..... someone who will wear his heart on his sleeve and breathe Sheffield Wednesday. Rather than someone who would rather look in the mirror than defend properly.

Players to move on if possible ..... cant see who will want them mind Potter......... Sedgewick (played well against Bristol Rovers I agree ....... but if my Nan had played shed have looked like Ronaldo

Other than that .......... believe it or not ........ we have the squad to rip this division apart.

Alan .........If you don't play a central midfielder who can sit in front of the defence we will get mauled every week.

Potter shouldn't play - end of. Put O'Connor in at least he can tackle and show some passion.

GK Weaver

RB Jones (Semi when fit)

CB Beevers

RM JJ

CM O'Connor (Coke when fit) (Where is Palmer - as Preston fans told us never give youth a chance)

CM Miller

LM Teale

CF Heffernan (Absolute disgrace this guy has not already got ten goals) (Also throw some young guns in now and again)

This division is full of young players - why Alan are we not increasing our squad by giving some youngsters a run now and again,

The team selection is bloody simple and he doesn't get it right - week in week out.

Also if you sit our back four on the edge of our box we are exposed for attack because of the gap between the midfield.

Players required in January - Buxton back is a must. Coke back sooner the better. We need a captain ........ Sign a proper bloody captain..... someone who will wear his heart on his sleeve and breathe Sheffield Wednesday. Rather than someone who would rather look in the mirror than defend properly.

Players to move on if possible ..... cant see who will want them mind Potter......... Sedgewick (played well against Bristol Rovers I agree ....... but if my Nan had played shed have looked like Ronaldo

Other than that .......... believe it or not ........ we have the squad to rip this division apart.

I wonder how much Purse is on a week. Surely he got to be one of our worse signings over the years in terms of weekly wage and performance. We've had Westwood, Branston and other complete jokes at centre back, but I bet he's on twice they were

I wonder how much Purse is on a week. Surely he got to be one of our worse signings over the years in terms of weekly wage and performance. We've had Westwood, Branston and other complete jokes at centre back, but I bet he's on twice they were

Does my 'ead in every time I pass his motor in the car park - PUR5E.......... somthing like that

Guest Jackpo Sodje

GK Weaver

RB Jones (Semi when fit)

CB Beevers

RM JJ

CM Miller

LM Teale

Apart from last week, when we won 6-2. And where exactly do you suggest we find a captain who breathes Sheffield Wednesday exactly? Plus not playing Morrison after the game he had last week and how he's played recently would be absolutely ridiculous.

Thank roger you're not manager.

We have problems in defence thats for sure, the combination of Purse and Beevers doesn't work. Likewise the midfield pairing of Potter and Miller is not right. However the one combination that does work is Mellor and Morrison so we should leave that be.

Apart from last week, when we won 6-2. And where exactly do you suggest we find a captain who breathes Sheffield Wednesday exactly? Plus not playing Morrison after the game he had last week and how he's played recently would be absolutely ridiculous.

Thank roger you're not manager.

A captain needs passion,grit, determination,leadership. He doesn't have to be a wednesdayite. You bring in someone who shows they could bring this to the team. After a few games the right player will breathe Sheffield Wednesday. Darren Purse will never be tough enough. He wouldn't throw himself in to get hurt for us. You look at other teams

Captains and they would die for the cause.

As for Morrison I will not be swayed on one good performance against terrible opposition. The movement Heffernan makes is much more creative and gives us more time to play.

The goals Morrison has scored have been tap ins. Easy goals. You will not get goals if you don't make the right movement.

As for Morrison I will not be swayed on one good performance against terrible opposition. The movement Heffernan makes is much more creative and gives us more time to play.

The goals Morrison has scored have been tap ins. Easy goals. You will not get goals if you don't make the right movement.

Oh dear

Guest Willyowl

Morrison is great when we are in front. If we're chasing a game (as has often been the case thanks to Potter and Purse amongst others) he is extremely frustrating to watch as he doesn't move! Heffernan must be given a chance now surely. Although we've been saying that for weeks!

Irvine may be taken in by his personal PR, and it looks like most fans have been too. It's the fans with a football brain who won't be taken in with the heart thumping celebrations and the badge kissing.

His enthusiasm is selfish. Have a look at our first goal against Bristol Rovers. Watch his reaction.

Don't think he's the worst player we've had. but he is making far too many mistakes at present. Mistakes we cannot afford. As said earlier the tactics played by Irvine allow pressure on Purse and Beevers. He is going to make mistakes but there are far far too many.

I will say also Purse has had spells where he has been excellent. Was he getting more cover from midfield. I don't know. Hopefully he will regain this form along with Beevers and cut out the daft mistakes.

Guest NottsOwl12

No way Morrison should be dropped, he actually brings some character into the squad , like against Bristol Rovers, and he doesnt only score tap ins?!? Wasn't it him that scored that pretty good goal at Hartlepool or somewhere??

As for Purse., hes just too old and too slow, but he does put himself in harms way to get alsorts of blocks in, like against Bristol rovers.,

Have to say from what I saw on football league show though, the defence looked a shambles at Exeter .

I wonder which Wednesday will turn up next time...

Edited by NottsOwl12

as previously stated on this thread the same team that lost 5-1 yesterday won 6-2 the week before, any team that wins 6-2 must be good. alan should stick with this team for at least another 4 games to find out how well they are playing. they might play well next match.

as previously stated on this thread the same team that lost 5-1 yesterday won 6-2 the week before, any team that wins 6-2 must be good. alan should stick with this team for at least another 4 games to find out how well they are playing. they might play well next match.

By the same token, surely any team that loses 1-5 must be bad?

:huh: