Jermaine Johnson

Guest Aaron

Guest mrbluesky

Pace is a necessity for any team, and if you take out JJ, who do we really have with his kind of pace?

oh the days of Brian Marwood

Guest Aaron

Guys, I was just reading this in the Star....

Irvine has praised Johnson's attitude and application in training since Forest's bid, saying: "Full marks to him as he has not mentioned it once.

"He has not batted an eyelid and I think he should be praised for the way he has conducted himself.

After reading that, maybe he will stay

Well he is hardly going to say otherwise is he? You all think Irvine has any control over transfers? No he doesn't!

As for not mentioning it once? I doubt it, all the players will be talking about it! He has got an oppurtunity to play at a higher level and earn more money, so I think it's just silly to say he hasn't mentioned it, because in reality it will be all he is thinking about!

Well he is hardly going to say otherwise is he? You all think Irvine has any control over transfers? No he doesn't!

As for not mentioning it once? I doubt it, all the players will be talking about it! He has got an oppurtunity to play at a higher level and earn more money, so I think it's just silly to say he hasn't mentioned it, because in reality it will be all he is thinking about!

I think he has some say, if he's passionate about keeping a player. If we sell too many he could quit and cite constructive dismissal or whatever (didn't KK do similar) and hen the club would have AI to pay off too! But I think he's realistic and knew Grant had to go even though he was clearly unhappy about it.

500k for a 30 odd year old winger going into the last year of his contract would be a great price- to make a profit on him would be pretty unbelievable tbh.

I still wouldn't sell him though- we might lose him for free in a year, but i get the feeling that this season is promotion or administration, and we're definitely more likely to get promoted with JJ than without him.

We're fairly screwed, what is one more gamble compared to the ocean of trouble we're already in?

What does it add - seriously?

Defence.

He's more useful to us defensively than just his attacking.

We all know his end product isnt the best. But without him our defensive plan is boot it long and wait for it to come back. With him in the side we travel with the ball in possession. Nothing comes of it very often. But he loses it at the oposing corner flag. No other player had (has) the ability to do that.

JJ in the side we play 20 yards up the field. Without him we are a terrible long ball side.

We'd be mad to lose him

totally agree with that.. looks the part when running at people.. but how many times has the end product been gash.. If he had an end product he would be in the Prem without a doubt..

Cash in the Chips..

Yeah but, how many times has he brought the ball from our own half and won throwings, corners and free kicks which provide scoring chances?

at times, he seems our only outlet!

I don't understand why some people are dismissing how productive JJ could be in the First Division. I'd be first to duck when he crossed or shot in championship.

Anyone who has kicked a ball competitively will realise that with different leagues brings different abilities. The defenders will be slower which in turn will give him that extra half hard required to cross or shoot with accuracy.

Obviously there are people that won't grasp this but at least give him 8 games to judge his worth in this crappy league. If it's not working out then, let him go.

I don't understand why some people are dismissing how productive JJ could be in the First Division. I'd be first to duck when he crossed or shot in championship.

Anyone who has kicked a ball competitively will realise that with different leagues brings different abilities. The defenders will be slower which in turn will give him that extra half hard required to cross or shoot with accuracy.

Obviously there are people that won't grasp this but at least give him 8 games to judge his worth in this crappy league. If it's not working out then, let him go.

If you can't hit a ball properly it doesn't matter who you're playing against.

This pre-season, the whole 'he's sh*t but will be good at this level' thing has been embarrassing to read on here.

Guest TonyOwl88

I know there has been may topics about him..

But I wouldn't be surprised if he was to hander in a transfer request. After all he sometimes seems disillusioned when coming off and he is getting on after all, so maybe he could see this as his last chance? However I do feel (you may disagree) that he is vital to us this season. The team in my view is lacking in pace and to lose him would take most of the pace out of the team, if he does go I think we might not get into the top 6, although i do feel £500k+ is pretty reasonable considering...

So don't know what to think?

Thoughts?

I like JJ. We would miss the flair as much as the pace. Like you though, I think there is a price where I would be happy to let him go. I'm thinking more £1m, but I'm sure everyone would be happy with that price tag.

Guest CrazyJack

i dont think JJ will go personally... i think in this league aswel he will be a good player, should be pushing for 10 goals and maybe a couple of assists :blink:lol