So how does the club move forward from here?

We need to employ a team of scouts to look for players across Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, French lower leagues, Scotland and Ireland. Prem youth team.

Get rid of the rabble we have now and build a young team that will play decent football with winning promotion as a unit. A team that would run through brick walls for each other.

Where did Leeds get Snodgrass and Becchio from?

Reading got Hunt and Doyle a few years back from Ireland for next to nothing.

We got Bougherra from France? Brunt from Boro

Watford have only stayed up because of Cleverley and Landsbury. Loanees from Prem clubs, probably on less wages than Jeffers and Miller.

Easier said than done

I have been wondering about how the club moves forward since some mates were giving it the "support a good team" jabs yesterday and I wonder, what if the club doesn't move forward - what if this is who we are? Much like Bolton, for example, who are seeming never moving forward (you could argue they are infact losing the forward ground they gained since Big Sams departure some time ago).

But is this what SWFC has become now? Are we destined to be a club that bobbles around the championship and league 1? Is the best we now hope for is to sneak into the premier by pure luck (like Burnley last season)?

With the transfer budget being tighter than my wallet on a saturday night, every player we bring in is scrutinised and has an air of expectancy shrouding them. If a player doesn't pay off - Jeffers - then the club is seemingly crippled.

The only real way forward I can see is, as mentioned, a mass clear out and a overhaul of the scouting system. Small clubs such as Sflaphorpe have developed some players over the years - Andy Keogh, Billy Sharp, Gary Hooper, Joe Murphy. They openly admit to being happy to take players and help them develop and then sell them on, Hooper has scored 19 goals this season and he cost the club just 175k...I'd expect him to leave Glanford Park this summer for £1.5-2m. If the scouting can cut out the Jeffers, the Clarkes and begin noticing the Hoopers and the Keoghs then surely that is a step in the right direction.

Agreed with Rogers - didn't see the post whilst I typed this :biggrin:

Edited by wilson123

If we do go down it won't be because of previous board members, or the current board....not even the debt. We started the season with a squad of players funded by a wage budget that should have been competitive in this division.

Squad = poo poo

Solution = Get rid ASAP.

Fans = Disillusioned and dissapointed, a bit of a mess

Solution = the club to be honest, be frank and tell a few home truths.

The stale atmosphere, despite LS and NP arriving

Solution = Get rid of the board.

Investment

Solution = If club 9 doesn't save us, raise our own funds. Sell our soul to the corporate devil (ie Stadium sponsorship) to gain results on and off the pitch.

Squad = poo poo

Solution = Get rid ASAP.

Fans = Disillusioned and dissapointed, a bit of a mess

Solution = the club to be honest, be frank and tell a few home truths.

The stale atmosphere, despite LS and NP arriving

Solution = Get rid of the board.

Investment

Solution = If club 9 doesn't save us, raise our own funds. Sell our soul to the corporate devil (ie Stadium sponsorship) to gain results on and off the pitch.

And in the real world Cardiff!!!!

tut! :mad::blink:

Do a Leicester (or Norwich).

One relegated

Bit of a clear out in the summer.

Build a new squad, albeit around a few players from this season.

Get promoted.

Hopefully keep momentum as Leicester have done and carry it on.

Simples....

(not going to happen because we're Sheffield Wednesday)

Do a Leicester (or Norwich).

Hopefully keep momentum as Leicester have done and carry it on

Leicester went into administration ?

They have a rich benefactor who has absorbed the £6 million of losses in the previous 2 season

yeah, simples aint it ......

Lee can't do that, so this model is skewed

PS: Norwich have 19,000 season ticket holders IIRC..... we won't

Go on then educate us. What is there to be positive about?

erm how about this.... WE AREN'T RELEGATED YET!!!!

Yes I'm as worried about our position as anyone and I'd much rather not be in the position of having to rely on a favour from another club to keep us up, but seriously how many of you thought we'd beat Cardiff before the match yesterday??

The fact is, given Watford's win and the table as it stands, a draw yesterday wouldn't have been any different to a defeat, we'd have still been relying on a favour from West Brom and if we get the favour we'd still need to win our last match of the season.

Palace still have to beat a very good West Brom side tomorrow night to send us down so why don't we wait until then before we all start throwing ourselves off of the nearest bridges!!!!!!!!

UTO, WTID!!!

How is stadium sponsorship a dream?

How is getting rid of the board a dream?

This club is slowly changing. Not good enough. We need capital and new idea's.

I will give you the stadium sponsorship.

But getting rid of the board! if it was that easy it would have been done already wouldn't it?

old cliche but 'Rome wasn't built in a day.'

Guest anstonowls

I am sorry to say, but I think the only way forward is for a merger with United. Sheffield doesn't seem to be able to sustain one Premiership club never mind two. I think that football is heading for a crash on the scale of the banking world and it will be apparent shortly. The Premiership is no longer the Premier division in the world. Football is totally over priced and the football players totally over paid.

I will give you the stadium sponsorship.

But getting rid of the board! if it was that easy it would have been done already wouldn't it?

old cliche but 'Rome wasn't built in a day.'

It is easy to be honest.

At least 2 want out. Why not ask them to step a side for fresh blood?

'Rome wasn't built in a day' - Yep, I'll give you that.

But you don't build a building without a plan.

Im surprised we haven't had stadium sponsorship by now. An extra £x million a season would be very welcome.

I am sorry to say, but I think the only way forward is for a merger with United. Sheffield doesn't seem to be able to sustain one Premiership club never mind two. I think that football is heading for a crash on the scale of the banking world and it will be apparent shortly. The Premiership is no longer the Premier division in the world. Football is totally over priced and the football players totally over paid.

Tool.

I honestly can't believe that any true Wednesday or United fan would ever suggest a merger between the two clubs.

flip RIGHT OFF!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It is easy to be honest.

At least 2 want out. Why not ask them to step a side for fresh blood?

'Rome wasn't built in a day' - Yep, I'll give you that.

But you don't build a building without a plan.

Im surprised we haven't had stadium sponsorship by now. An extra £x million a season would be very welcome.

I don't think they are exactly making it easy for "new blood' to come in.

They are stubborn old dinosoars! end of!