So how does the club move forward from here?

If it gets us £x million a year I don't give a poo poo what it's called.

Who is going to pay for that ?

Newcastle (a club who were certs to get promoted to the Premier league, not a league one club) failed to attract such sponsor, so fatty put his own company on the stands

I don't think they are exactly making it easy for "new blood' to come in.

They are stubborn old dinosoars! end of!

2 of them want to step a side.

They need to now more than ever.

If they don't leave quietly then they have to leave in a 'hostile' situation. EGM, protests - whatever it takes to change this club.

We aren't walking, we just keep on standing up and falling back down on our arse and blaming everything else but ourselves.

Make it public that SWFC are transfer listing all players with current contracts to show them what the club thinks of them and that we are going to move forward without them. Do this before the Palace match and then let the fans vent their feelings at the end of the match. Absolute disgrace as representaives/employees of SWFC.

Showing discontentment won't change anything; if anything, it will be counterproductive, perhaps that is what some people want. Even if you change players around what makes people think they'll perform any better than the current crop? Another thing, it's obvious things aren't working, but we just carry on with the same game we've been playing for the last 10 years at least. You'd think they'd have learned by now. Evidently not.

Who is going to pay for that ?

Newcastle (a club who were certs to get promoted to the Premier league, not a league one club) failed to attract such sponsor, so fatty put his own company on the stands

A company will be interested somewhere out there.

There are a lot of sponsored stadiums now. In all leagues. Maybe Hillsborough's prestige and potential can attract us a more lucrative deal.

2 of them want to step a side.

They need to now more than ever.

If they don't leave quietly then they have to leave in a 'hostile' situation. EGM, protests - whatever it takes to change this club.

We aren't walking, we just keep on standing up and falling back down on our arse and blaming everything else but ourselves.

Cardiff, I must admit your passion and enthusiasm is commenable but i'm 100% sure these routes have been discussed and have been found to be "unfeasable" (sorry couldn't resist!)

Edited by GHS

A company will be interested somewhere out there.

There are a lot of sponsored stadiums now. In all leagues. Maybe Hillsborough's prestige and potential can attract us a more lucrative deal.

name them ?

Emirates, DW stadium (named after the owner) and probably a couple in the lower leagues ?

Guest anstonowls

I honestly can't believe that any true Wednesday or United fan would ever suggest a merger between the two clubs.

I am a true Sheffielder and want to see a Sheffield side win the Premiership. I cann't see the point of watching a side that will never win the Premiership, there is no point to me. I was Wednesday die hard until 10 years ago and came to my senses. I went to watch Wednesday as soon as I was old enough to walk, but other than for winning a second rate cup competition, that has been it, not a very good return in 46 years.

Guest Sheff Owl

As soon as this season end's there need's to be a meeting Coaching staff/Players/Chairman and flipping get to the bottom of what has happened this season....

This can not be swept under the carpet there need's to be answer's....

After that flip most of this squad off.

The way forward on the pitch.

1) Mass clear-out - Keep Grant,Purse,Beevers,JJ - The rest I'm not too worried about.

2) Actually take a chance on young, up and comming, HUNGRY players from the lower leagues. I'd happily take a couple of years building the foundations to have a really good team once more. Gamble a bit more on youth. What have we got to lose. It wont be as much in fees and wages and at least more of them will give 100%. Just need the right blend of experience in there as well.

3) Anytime we get a more than reasonable offer for one of our players, no matter how good they are playing - SELL,SELL, SELL. Sure it'll hurt at the time. But, how many times have we been burnt in the long run, how much money have we lost waiting it out.

A bird in the hand = cash in the bank IMO.

The way forward on the pitch.

1) Mass clear-out - Keep Grant,Purse,Beevers,JJ - The rest I'm not too worried about.

2) Actually take a chance on young, up and comming, HUNGRY players from the lower leagues. I'd happily take a couple of years building the foundations to have a really good team once more. Gamble a bit more on youth. What have we got to lose. It wont be as much in fees and wages and at least more of them will give 100%. Just need the right blend of experience in there as well.

3) Anytime we get a more than reasonable offer for one of our players, no matter how good they are playing - SELL,SELL, SELL. Sure it'll hurt at the time. But, how many times have we been burnt in the long run, how much money have we lost waiting it out.

A bird in the hand = cash in the bank IMO.

WRONG!

It should be "A bird on your arm = flipping skint!"

Wednesay Idol 2010

Get rid of most of the squad and hold trials to re-fill the squad.

Agents with 16 - 24 years old players across the globe interested in playing for Wednesday turn up for a 2 week competition.

Week 1 - Practice matches and training 50 players gets cut to 26

Week 2 - The final 26 play out a series of matches (11 a side + subs)

Panel:

Chris Waddle

Steve Watson

Lee Bullen

David Hirst

Howard Wilkinson (Cowell type)

Top 10 get a 1 year contract to prove themselves.

Sorted :biggrin:

I am a true Sheffielder and want to see a Sheffield side win the Premiership. I cann't see the point of watching a side that will never win the Premiership, there is no point to me. I was Wednesday die hard until 10 years ago and came to my senses. I went to watch Wednesday as soon as I was old enough to walk, but other than for winning a second rate cup competition, that has been it, not a very good return in 46 years.

So you were a Wednesday die hard until about 10 years ago when you "came to your senses"?

Pease allow me to detract my statement that no true Wednesday or united fan would ever suggest a merger between the two clubs.

Guest carlg

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead

Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,

Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,

Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.

For nothing now can ever come to any good.