Esajas

The only reason I can think of (and it's poo poo but true) is that Irvine asks a lot of his wide players defensively.

Now Soares is no world beater but helps to keep that side of the pitch tighter than if Esajas would/does.

Without doubt the first thing Irvine had to sort out was the defensive side of our game, you don't pick points up when you're letting 2-3 goals in every game. This has severely affected us going forward but I don't know what the answer is if players like Esajas refuse to put a flippingshift in. He can't play the Waddle role a: because he's not fit to lace the great mans jockstrap and b: because the rest of the team aren't good enough to afford us this luxury.

We have a poor playing squad which gives us poor options. If we are a bit more adventurous (like yesterday) we'll let goals in. If we play defensively we are looking at another 0-0 or 0-1.

I don't know what more could have been done. Soares has been a waste of funds but Nolan and Varney have done well overall for us.

Makes you wonder he will end up though

I can't imagine any Championship club wanting him and League 1 would be a waste of time for him with his desire.

I'm going for some obscure Dutch club.

To a team who are able to play to his strengths and just allow him to be what he is.... a creative, attack minded winger

Not some defensive, central midfielder, which Irvine has tried to turn our left side into

He will make a massive impact a this level at a team like QPR, or Blackpool, or Donny for that matter, where players are allowed some creative expression and all their attacking instincts and flair are not dragged back and nullified by negative management

Just look at the Cardiff fans forum yesterday to see if they would take him down their left !!

That was us when Laws signed him wasn't it?

Even Laws saw through him.

eh ? Last season, he got the most assists in the entire squad and still managed 6 goals, thus after missing a third of the season due to injury

Play him the way he should be played and he has a massive impact on this division

The proof will be where he ends up.

As long as it doesn't involve him pulling on a blue and white striped shirt I don't give a poo tbh.

3 years he's been here and what.. 2good games ( Bristol City debut and Cardiff) and 2 good 2nd halves?

Edited by BIG D

Esajas has had enough chances this season, and last, to prove himself. I thought he played brilliant in the 2nd half against the pigs, he was given a chance for a couple of games after....what did he do? flip all.

He has bags of ability, but he doesn't show it when it matters. Get rid.

haha are you flipping kidding me?

The game after the pigs he scored against cardiff and assisted the other two!! That's certainly doing something, producing two outstanding performances in a row!

Guest Darkus Owlus

5 starts 14 sub appearances in which he's usually only had 20 minutes to impress - but he's managed 3 goals, 3 excellent goals and 3 assists.

So lets compare other Wednesday midfielders:

Jermaine Johnson: 28 starts 6 goals 1 assist.

James O'Connor: 43 starts 3 goals 1 assist.

Darren Potter: 45 starts, 3 goals, 5 assists.

So Esajas may be inconsistent (so have ALL our midfielders, including our best JJ), yet Esajas has beaten O'Connor and Johnson's assist record, and O'Connor has made a staggering 43 starts to Esajas's 5 starts and 14 sub appearances. He's also equalled O' Connors and Potters goal scored record. These are astonishing statistcs, especially considering he's not been playing regulary, he's taken the psychological toll of having to sit on the bench day in day out - when he's more than produced given the limited time he's had in sub appearances, when the team was losing.

You can't help but think if he gets away from Wednesday and signs for another CCC club he's going to be another of those players who goes on to success. We're about to lose a decent player, and a probably very, very good player for League 1, god forbid we end up there! He'd do well in a successful Championship side.....he's doing well for us and we're poo .

Edited by Darkus Owlus

5 starts 14 sub appearances in which he's usually only had 20 minutes to impress - but he's managed 3 goals, 3 excellent goals and 3 assists.

So Esajas may be inconsistent (so have ALL our midfielders, including our best JJ), yet Esajas has beaten O'Connor and Johnson's assist record, and O'Connor has made a staggering 43 starts to Esajas's 5 starts and 14 sub appearances. He's also equalled O' Connors and Potters goal scored record. These are astonishing statistcs, especially considering he's not been playing regulary, he's taken the psychological toll of having to sit on the bench day in day out - when he's more than produced given the limited time he's had in sub appearances, when the team was losing.

You can't help but think if he gets away from Wednesday and signs for another CCC club he's going to be another of those players who goes on to success. We're about to lose a decent player, and a probably very, very good player for League 1, god forbid we end up there! He'd do well in a successful Championship side.....he's doing well for us and we're poo .

Veryyy interesting

Inconsistent? :happy:

End of thread

But he's rubbish defensively etc...

Seriously though, the stats speak for themselves. Most assists last season too. I'm not saying he's the answer to all of our problems, but he should have been given more minutes and more starts to make a fair assessment, because he is potentially the best attacking midfielder we have.

I get the feeling a Championship club may give him a punt on a one year deal. Someone like Doncaster maybe.

So we judge midfielders on starts assists and goals alone?

Don't get me wrong I would prefer EE to Soares but there is more to a midfielders game than simplay creating goals. It matters not how good the goals were either, I saw Lee Briscoe score a superb goal, deosn't make him a reight player.

So we judge midfielders on starts assists and goals alone?

Don't get me wrong I would prefer EE to Soares but there is more to a midfielders game than simplay creating goals. It matters not how good the goals were either, I saw Lee Briscoe score a superb goal, deosn't make him a reight player.

No, but it's a pretty big reason why you'd pick someone surely.

Yes, defensive capabilities are important, but Soares offers nothing of them, and Potter seems to struggle too.

But creating goals and scoring them lifts the fans, the players and the manager (maybe not in Irvine's case).

As i said in my earlier post he has been criminally underused by both Laws AND Irvine............................the guy has never had a chance of a run in the team , as soon as he has one bad game he,s dropped and not seen again for two months...............................whilst other players (we all know who they are) can seemingly play badly week on week and still get picked.

I have a horrible feeling that Blackwell will snap him up if we offload him..........................................or maybe nearer the mark Warnock will do what he did with Quinn and Bromby.......................sign him for nothing , make him look twice the player he was at Hillsborough , get two good years service out of him , then sell him for circa £750,000

Stats and facts don't mean anything - we all know that.

Oh and I've been watching him now for 3 years - he's weak, slow, lazy and has a heart the size of a pea BUT he has a decent shot and puts a decent cross in every 4 months,