Esajas

he's the only player we have who can shoot from outside the area, one of many failings we've had in our limited box of tricks

as a striker he would at least offer a shot or two

give him a go alan

or maybe he can stick to the tried and tested (erm, failed) Soares

For me the way AI has used EE is simply shocking management,he is'nt consistant he in all honesty is pretty much a waste off space but over the last few months AI should have given him more time on the pitch.EE is going,BUT ai SHOULD HAVE FOUND A WAY OFF USING THE GUY TO BETTER EFFECT.

True but I think AI's tactical limitations are beginning to show, he cannot adapt his tactics to best suit his players.

How many times have we seen the ball banged up front for the centrehalf to head it back? Yet we do it over and over and over again.

Edited by web_owls

Guest intercity0wl

True but I think AI's tactical limitations are beginning to show, he cannot adapt his tactics to best suit his players.

How many times have we seen the ball banged up front for the centrehalf to head it back? Yet we do it over and over and over again.

Maybe he will adapt his tactics to best suit his players when he actually has got the players in who will be his and can follow his instructions, This shower of S**t are not his players, how many more f**king times..

Maybe he will adapt his tactics to best suit his players when he actually has got the players in who will be his and can follow his instructions, This shower of S**t are not his players, how many more f**king times..

Couldn't agree more. The useless planks that he is working with are not the players he has brought in (exc. Nolan). I bet he can't wait for the season to finish so that he can get rid of the sh*te he is working with.

Nor were they when Shreeves/Yorath/Sturrock/Laws took over. But they all made much better of it in similar circumstances.

There is of course some mitigation for Irvine, but you're much too easily falling back on an easy excuse.

Thats the whole point he only knows one way how to play so he needs the players that can play that way but he hasn't so rather than blunder on hitting balls, into the air that we might win 2 out of 10. He would have been better trying to fiigure out a better way to move the ball forward with the players he has got.

Guest intercity0wl

From the point he took his very well paid job, they became his players.

We pay him to get the best out of those players.

End of.

Dont talk nonsence, in what way shape or form can they be his players, they are the players who were brought to the club by another Manager with different ideas, and he has got the best out of these Players probably more than anybody else could have got out of them.

Truth is the best from this bunch of players is not good enough, simple as that.

Dont talk nonsence, in what way shape or form can they be his players, they are the players who were brought to the club by another Manager with different ideas, and he has got the best out of these Players probably more than anybody else could have got out of them.

Lots of other managers have made a considerably better fist of it in similar circumstances. We've had no fewer than 4 of them in the last decade alone. How do you account for that? You're just falling back on a much too convenient excuse.

Truth is the best from this bunch of players is not good enough, simple as that.

They managed it comfortably enough last season.

Guest intercity0wl

Thats the whole point he only knows one way how to play so he needs the players that can play that way but he hasn't so rather than blunder on hitting balls, into the air that we might win 2 out of 10. He would have been better trying to fiigure out a better way to move the ball forward with the players he has got.

Message to lee Sack AI and get some of the experts on here to form a management team, it will solve all our problems we will climb the leagues playing attractive attacking football that will have the crowds flocking back..

I will never understand why irvine never put him on against pigs last sunday

He tore them apart and scored an awesome freekick at lane ......I just think A.I has no idea what to do with the deflated bag of poo he has to choose from.

How has Mcdermott managed to steer Reading close to the playoffs from a worse position than ours ?

I will never understand why irvine never put him on against pigs last sunday

He tore them apart and scored an awesome freekick at lane ......I just think A.I has no idea what to do with the deflated bag of poo he has to choose from.

I agree, I think Esajas could've made a big difference if he came on, however, saying that he has underperformed many times this season when he has come on.

Message to lee Sack AI and get some of the experts on here to form a management team, it will solve all our problems we will climb the leagues playing attractive attacking football that will have the crowds flocking back..

You fail to understand once again.

AI likes to play direct football, most of our players are not suited to this kind of play. Due to numerous factors, not physical enough, fit enough etc.

So instead of htting the ball up for the centrehalf to head, would it not be better to try and knock it long into the channels or atleast try something different.

So until he can get the players in to play directly better, as in a centreforward who can win headers, we have to go with what we have. Which admitted is poo but something some slight variaiton would be good adn make the opposition think.

It has **** all to do with playing attractive football.

While attractive football can be a bonus when you are winning, the only thing fans really care about is winning.

If all we need is win to stay up next week no-one will care if we string 500 passes together or go route 1.

I agree, I think Esajas could've made a big difference if he came on, however, saying that he has underperformed many times this season when he has come on.

:blink:

Sorry, 5 starts isn't enough to judge.

He's performed almost heroically in a few games he's come on as a sub.

Showed grit and determination today, coupled with quality.

If he has "underpeformed", then I shudder to think what three quarters of our starting 11 have performed like this season.

:blink:

Sorry, 5 starts isn't enough to judge.

He's performed almost heroically in a few games he's come on as a sub.

Showed grit and determination today, coupled with quality.

If he has "underpeformed", then I shudder to think what three quarters of our starting 11 have performed like this season.

I know what you're saying, I don't think he's been given enough oppotunities by Irvine and is certainly out of favour. He's one of them players - some games he's great, but usually he does not perform well. However, the same can be said for the rest, more so with many others.