Esajas

Stats and facts don't mean anything - we all know that.

Oh and I've been watching him now for 3 years - he's weak, slow, lazy and has a heart the size of a pea BUT he has a decent shot and puts a decent cross in every 4 months,

in the 4 months he's been chosen..

Heart the size of the pea? Yet showed the biggest heart at Bramall Lane and twice at Cardiff.

Shown a lot more guts than many others this year. Ok, stats and facts irrelevant.. lets not have football tables then :rolleyes:

Esajas has some good qualities and some bad qualities, but the good qualities so outweigh the bad the team should have been built around him, 4411 with Easjas in a free role behind the forward with his tasks being to create goals, shoot on sight and take free kicks, no defending, no backtracking, if your team is tactically set up right you can afford to carry one creative player. yes I know life's much easier retrospectively.......

From watching the highlights Esajas clearly made an impace yesterday, as he has done on occassions throughout his time here. But that has been far outweighed by the amount of times I've had to sit and watch him do absolutely nothing in a game for an entire 90mins. Avoid tackles, hide away from getting the ball and generally rarely doing anything more than jogging is why he has been on the bench so much.

I'd give him a go next Sunday if we aren't already down because we've flip all to lose now - he'll either do nothing and sum up the whole team performance or score a wonder goal that could keep us up. But he won't have been the difference between us staying up or going down because he hasn't been used enough - and he should be off in the summer regardless.

Guest Darkus Owlus

So we judge midfielders on starts assists and goals alone?

Don't get me wrong I would prefer EE to Soares but there is more to a midfielders game than simplay creating goals. It matters not how good the goals were either, I saw Lee Briscoe score a superb goal, deosn't make him a reight player.

Not but surely scoring 2 belters and 1 tactical nuclear missle of a goal in the Cup suggest he's got something in his locker. (Or Silo) :ph34r: It's a lot better than scoring 3 tap ins! It's also significant in highlighting the points I'm trying to make - he's got quality that we may not be able to replace. If we go look to replace him, will we sign a left winger for nothing with his ability, assists potential and better overall play? Probably not.....

He's the nearest we can describe as a "reight player" in the current squad. No one else, no one - comes even close to having the raw ability he does.

Let's get rid of Jeffers and free up some money, give Esajas atleast a one year deal and take put some faith in him coming good in a fresh season wherever that may be. I realise we don't owe him anything, but he could have easily moaned to the manager about not playing and sitting on the bench week in week out. He didn't, he chose to get on with it, take his chances and have a go for the cause, which takes a lot guts. He wants to give his all for us, that's evident and we've got too many people who don't want to give anything close to their all.

Edited by Darkus Owlus

Esajas has shown an a few occasions that he is quality and is a match winner. He is in-consistent granted but should have started so many more games this season. If we had a decent squad with good wingers then people may have a case for Esajas to be on the bench. But when week in week out players under perform and have no consequences for their poo performances, leaving Esajas out is criminal.

What's been our downfall since Irvine came in ? Scoring goals. I see how the thinking works, we need goals lets bring clarke on. Clarke is gash. Esajas, however, can add that spark and is a match winner and deserves more than 5 minutes to try and salvage a game (Donny and Forest). Even bringing him on at half time would be more effective as the Cardiff game showed.

If we still have an opportunity on Sunday, we have to go attack minded. Esajas and Johnson (if fit) HAVE to play and who knows what he might produce.