Esajas

I know what you're saying, I don't think he's been given enough oppotunities by Irvine and is certainly out of favour. He's one of them players - some games he's great, but usually he does not perform well. However, the same can be said for the rest, more so with many others.

Agreed.

Never said he's deserving of a contract, or anything near, just wish he was given a few more starts to show his worth.

Just a shame to see players like Potter, Clarke and Soares being picked ahead of him

Agreed.

Never said he's deserving of a contract, or anything near, just wish he was given a few more starts to show his worth.

Just a shame to see players like Potter, Clarke and Soares being picked ahead of him

Yeah I agree, to be fair to him, the only way to build some form and consistancy is to be played more. It's hard to get into the flow of a game with only 10-15 mins to go.

Guest intercity0wl

How has Mcdermott managed to steer Reading close to the playoffs from a worse position than ours ?

Either on paper or on the pitch the reading squad has quality in it, we do not.

Either on paper or on the pitch the reading squad has quality in it, we do not.

How do you explain the Scunny, Cardiff, Preston and Plymouth results and performances then ?

How do you explain last season ?

Interesting

Fair enough he had two cracking games against em, but that's two cracking games more than some have played this year!

Clamoring for his signature !

I have a horrid feeling he will be a "hit" at another championship side, whilst we again look like the numpties who get no fee

TBH, even though I think he is poo I would play him against Palace.

We might just hit on that 1 decent game in 15 where he produces something.

I wonder how a good man manager and motivator would make him feel?

EE is just the type of player who would be playing out of his skin under a Big Ron/Big Jack style of management where both had players in their teams who were given a free role to do damage rather than being regularly sacrificed and demotivated by making sure his main role was a containing one.

Perhaps if we'd have been more ambitious and found a creative role for him, teams might have worried more about us. Give me that anyday as opposed to us playing for draws.

Anyway, his goals:games ratio is pretty decent.

For once Irvine threw on Jeffers and Esajas with time to make a difference, and the Dutchman did. Two significant moments – the assist for Tudgay’s goal (great finish by the way) and his wonder strike that hit the post at the death. We all know he’s hit and miss but he does have the ability to change games, if only Irvine had had the bottle to send him on more in the last few months.

I wonder how a good man manager and motivator would make him feel?

EE is just the type of player who would be playing out of his skin under a Big Ron/Big Jack style of management where both had players in their teams who were given a free role to do damage rather than being regularly sacrificed and demotivated by making sure his main role was a containing one.

Perhaps if we'd have been more ambitious and found a creative role for him, teams might have worried more about us. Give me that anyday as opposed to us playing for draws.

Anyway, his goals:games ratio is pretty decent.

Spot on Daz, I think the fact the defence is so weak means that Laws and now Irvine haven't had the balls to pick him. Since the demise of Simek and Tommy Spurr being the worse full back in the league, we can't afford to play a luxury players like him.

Spot on Daz, I think the fact the defence is so weak means that Laws and now Irvine haven't had the balls to pick him. Since the demise of Simek and Tommy Spurr being the worse full back in the league, we can't afford to play a luxury players like him.

And yet our more "defensive" midfielders in Soares and Potter get run through game after game... but offering naff all in attack

And yet our more "defensive" midfielders in Soares and Potter get run through game after game... but offering naff all in attack

I don't think Soares was brought in to be a defensive midfielder. However, he is crap. the midfield went missing yesterday in the second half, we didn't do anything until Esajas came on.

I don't think Soares was brought in to be a defensive midfielder. However, he is crap. the midfield went missing yesterday in the second half, we didn't do anything until Esajas came on.

Agreed. I meant that he wouldn't leave the wing as open as Esajas

They have under-performed over the season but both of those players you mention had good games yesterday and arguably contributed just as much as Esajas. Potter was industrious, won several challeneges, and unlike the majority of this season looked really up for it. He was incredibly unlucky not to score from his free kick, he played well along with O'Connor, and he caused Cardiff problems. Soares set up our opening goal. Irvine obviously doesn't trust Esajas and it's no wonder. His attitude and work-rate are both appalling. If only he was as good at playing football as he is at getting drunk and having stupid pictures on facebook. He's not professional and he was even half arsed at clapping the fans yesterday. I will be glad when he is gone.

Haven't read all of the topic so apologies if this has already been said, but those of you using his inconsistency as a stick to beat him with, do you think he'd be playing for us if he was consistent? He'd be playing for a middle 10 prem club if he was consistently as good as the flashes of quality he's shown.

I'll start to have doubts about Irvine if he hasn't earned himself a start with that performance. Especially considering that we seem to have undroppables at our club and yesterday Esajas did more in his cameo than some players have done all season.

They have under-performed over the season but both of those players you mention had good games yesterday and arguably contributed just as much as Esajas. Potter was industrious, won several challeneges, and unlike the majority of this season looked really up for it. He was incredibly unlucky not to score from his free kick, he played well along with O'Connor, and he caused Cardiff problems. Soares set up our opening goal. Irvine obviously doesn't trust Esajas and it's no wonder. His attitude and work-rate are both appalling. If only he was as good at playing football as he is at getting drunk and having stupid pictures on facebook. He's not professional and he was even half arsed at clapping the fans yesterday. I will be glad when he is gone.

Your first point is perhaps the most underlying one though. The two ha've had 60 starts between them, compared to 5 from Esajas.

But "underperforing" keeps them in the team?

I'm not campaigning for Esajas to have a new deal, or anything of the sort- it's just a shame that we will only be given a glimpse of what he can do in substitute appearences

Edited by Innes

Haven't read all of the topic so apologies if this has already been said, but those of you using his inconsistency as a stick to beat him with, do you think he'd be playing for us if he was consistent? He'd be playing for a middle 10 prem club if he was consistently as good as the flashes of quality he's shown.

I'll start to have doubts about Irvine if he hasn't earned himself a start with that performance. Especially considering that we seem to have undroppables at our club and yesterday Esajas did more in his cameo than some players have done all season.

This will be the final test of irvine for me. If by some miracle we go into the last game needing a win alan will have two choices play esajas after a good performance and try and win the game or play the usual suspects like soares on the wing and hope to keep it tight. I think we all know what will happen.

Esajas has had enough chances this season, and last, to prove himself. I thought he played brilliant in the 2nd half against the pigs, he was given a chance for a couple of games after....what did he do? flip all.

He has bags of ability, but he doesn't show it when it matters. Get rid.

Esajas has had enough chances this season, and last, to prove himself. I thought he played brilliant in the 2nd half against the pigs, he was given a chance for a couple of games after....what did he do? flip all.

He has bags of ability, but he doesn't show it when it matters. Get rid.

This is FACT

The longer he is out of the team the better he becomes in some fans minds.

Bizarre

This is FACT

The longer he is out of the team the better he becomes in some fans minds.

Bizarre

I don't think fans are judging him against his own merits alone, we are judging him against what is allowed to keep the shirt in front of him Tom Soares.

What has he done to warrant all the matches he has played, compared to someone like Macca, Boden, Gray or Esajas

If we had someone putting a decent shift in week in, week out, do you think there would be all these calls for Esajas ?

Guest OwlertonG

His performance today opitmised why I called out for him to be chosen over these months.

Quality ball for Tudgay, looked dangerous whenever he had it and was sooo unlucky with his shot that cracked the post

Deserves to start at Palace surely

EE = Legend

I said after his performance againsts the blades earlier this year... either he would be a premiership player by january or he wouldnt ever play again

sadly... i think he should be along with Grant... 1st on the team sheet