Esajas

Trouble is he could turn out for us on Sunday and be totally anonymous

That is generally what happens.

He shows a bit of quality here and there, I don't doubt that.

But he is simply not good enough, like the rest of them.

I think that Esajas record with us is speaking for itself.

We don't need him to be consistent, but to come with a goal or assist out of nothing every now and then. No one can do that consistently.

Anyway we don't have a clue about what to do with the ball once we get it 20 yards from oppositions goal, we could at very least create few shooting opportunities for Esajas, and see what will come of it...

That is generally what happens.

He shows a bit of quality here and there, I don't doubt that.

But he is simply not good enough, like the rest of them.

I just wish the other players showed as much quality as him then.

If they did, then ok, they deserve to be chosen ahead of him- but they don't.

As dark owl said, it's unbelievable the effort he put in considering a contract is unlikely and having been sat on the bench all the time.

And again- if the rest of the team put in that effort combined with the quality Esajas showed today, at United and at Cardiff earlier in the season, then fine, we wouldn't be in the mess.

But alas, they don't, and we're staring down at League 1.

Guest IantheEd

Poor guy... I've always been impressed by Esajas... sure he's bloody inconsistent but really if he wasn't he wouldn't be playing (or sitting on the pine) for us! The lad's never really had a good long run in the team but whenever I have seen him he's always shown a technical ability and attacking drive I've appreciated. If we are still a chance going into the Palace game (and if JJ's injured) he's got to start.

:rolleyes:

I'm glad everyone else turned up second half apart from Esajas today.. not.

He played well on his debut (Bristol City I think)

Played well against Cardiff and half a game against the Scummers.

No doubt his agent is rubber stamping his move to a Premier League club as we speak.

Garbage

He played well on his debut (Bristol City I think)

Played well against Cardiff and half a game against the Scummers.

No doubt his agent is rubber stamping his move to a Premier League club as we speak.

Garbage

Soares, Potter, Varney & Clarke... "garbage" too.

Never said he's premiership standard, but he offers a hell of a lot more than the above 4.

If he'd had a decent run of games and faield to produce, I could understand people not rating him.

But he's had only 5 starts this season.

I think it's incredibly unfair to dismiss a player on so few minutes, especially one like Esajas who has had an impact on several matches this season, and has a bit of quality to unlock a defence when the other 10 players have run out of ideas. Besides, didn't he have the most assists in the squad last season, despite only playing a fraction of the season? Speaks volumes about the contribution he's capable of making to games.

But then again, some people slated Brunt week in week out, despite him being the best player Wednesday have had for a long time.

Of course he does.

Even flippingLaws wouldn't play him and he was his player.

Who offered more in the second half today?

Potter, Varney, Clarke

or

Esajas?

5 starts is not enough to judge him on at all.

Deserves to start at Palace, end of- there's no argument for him to not start behind someone like Clarke- who offered naff all.

We have nothing to lose (if it gets that far)

If he plays he might have a decent shot or put a great cross in. He has undoubted ability but his performances are dire

But managers will not keep a player on the bench for 3 seasons if he is as good as you are making out.

It's funny how players such as Esajas and Jeffers get better in fans minds the longer they are out

Good riddance the waster,

Yes he is annoyingly incosistent , but the point that Kivo et al are missing is that when he does perform he posesses the ability to score and create goals....................a quality that is in chronic short supply in our squad.

IMO he has been criminally underused by Laws and Irvine.............................if your saying he doesnt deserve a shirt because he has played poorly at times then you could say that about ANY of our squad.

He is quick , direct and hits a ball hard , and would have been the ideal replacement for Johnson at half time......................instead we got dough ball Clarke YET AGAIN!

I,ve been saying for a long time that striker is both Johnson and Esajes,s best position as it negates the need for them to defend which is quite clearly the weakest part of their game.

Surely next week you would like Irvine to say to these two " go out there be direct and scare em to death "...........................instead you just know we,ll have to sit and suffer an hour of Soares and Clarke.................................thats presuming we,ve still got something to play for of course.

Too many players playing out of position

Johnson - A winger playing as a lone striker

Tudgay & Varney - Strikers playing in midfield

Soares - Out of position by the fact that he was on the pitch rather than the bench..

Natural wingers on the bench and a set of players for the last 5 games who every cross and set piece has gone straight to the opposition goalkeeper - and that's not an exaggeration.

Look what happened when a natural attacking winger was brought on and played in the correct position- a perfect ball to Tudgay (also in his normal position at the time of the goal) !

Alan Irvine is not completely blameless. He has perceived with the same set of players for far too long. It takes too long for him to realise that a system inst working.

Back to Essajas, we all know what he is capable of. He's the kind of player that you have to give a chance because he may pop up with the vital goal / cross even if he is anonymous for the other 90 mins - Ala Chris Brunt

flip knows - I'm talking about Esajas who seems to be a bit of an unearthed gem.

( even though we dug him up 3 years ago)

Don't get me wrong, he has done little to earn a new deal this season (albeit a lack of a consistent run of games hasn't helped matters), but, he is replacing a man so inept at football, he makes my nan look a good bet for the left wing spot on Sunday.

I am not trying to insinuate that Esajas is amazing, but he will offer a damn sight more (or at worst, the very same) as what Soares does

When we need goals and victories, why not give one of the few players who can "create something out of nothing" a chance, in-front of a "oh, has it gone past me, never mind Tommy will get it" player

People who say Esajas shouldn't play because he's crap are absolutely laughable.

So, Esajas is poo poo. And the other lazy, spineless, incompetent wasters in the team are good players, then?

Give over. For what use the "usual suspects" are we might aswell start with 11 pints of p!ss on the pitch against Palace even if we can stay up. Today was another game where Esajas came on and at the very least contributed something.

The way some of you slag Esajas off it's as if the current favourite 11 are actually doing a decent job and deserve to play themselves. If were going to shuffle the turds around the litter tray, we might aswell try a turd with abit of ability in his locker. Were fooked either way.