Irvine HAS to change the team.

Guest wednesday83

The problem we have is we cannott make 11 changes. And that is what is needed after today. Not one player was bothered today.

Team for next week:

5-3-2 wing backs - due to lack of personell.

Grant

Hinds

Beevers

Nolan

Simek (RWB)

Gray (LWB)

JJ /Potter

JOC

Macca

Varney

Modest

Sadly theres no one else to choose. Gone for Modest as without JJ we just do not have any pace.

The problem we have is we cannott make 11 changes. And that is what is needed after today. Not one player was bothered today.

Team for next week:

5-3-2 wing backs - due to lack of personell.

Grant

Hinds

Beevers

Nolan

Simek (RWB)

Gray (LWB)

JJ /Potter

JOC

Macca

Varney

Modest

Sadly theres no one else to choose. Gone for Modest as without JJ we just do not have any pace.

That could well be a league one team

Guest arobert

I said last week on here that Irvine needed to drop Potter, Gray and maybe Tudgay to hit the untouchables hard.

And after the poor performances against Doncaster and Ipswich that this would encourage the others.

And what did he do - well exactly what Laws would have done.

Indeed is Irvine Laws, he just look different?

Grant

Simek

Nolan

Beevers

Gray

Tudgay

Soares

Mcallister

JJ

Jeffers

Varney

that would be my side to face Leicester. Really mix it up. Were missin Purse big time.

JJ has been a huge loss aswell.

Despite what people think of Franny, he might just offer something different, & after all the stuff hes been through he could prove to be our saviour!

Neither JJ or Jeffers will be fully fit but id give them 60-70 mins!

Grant

Simek

Nolan

Beevers

Gray

Tudgay

Soares

Mcallister

JJ

Jeffers

Varney

that would be my side to face Leicester. Really mix it up. Were missin Purse big time.

JJ has been a huge loss aswell.

Despite what people think of Franny, he might just offer something different, & after all the stuff hes been through he could prove to be our saviour!

Neither JJ or Jeffers will be fully fit but id give them 60-70 mins!

I know what you are trying to do here and you are right, it is the only option we have got. But it is just soul destroying to look at because it is the same poo presented differently. That team would also get a hammering from Leicester.

I agree Purse and JJ would make some difference but not a great deal.

Mcallister is JOC with dark hair but not quite as good!! If Jeffers is part of the answer then it confirms what some of us are suspecting: we are fooked.

Guest AnotherOwl

I agree drastic changes are needed. For the last 3 games it has been the same story as the last 10 for Laws. We have no more time to put faith in them growing some balls.

I said last week on here that Irvine needed to drop Potter, Gray and maybe Tudgay to hit the untouchables hard.

And after the poor performances against Doncaster and Ipswich that this would encourage the others.

And what did he do - well exactly what Laws would have done.

Indeed is Irvine Laws, he just look different?

Indeed. They are offering nothing, so surely bringing in Macca / Miller and Clarke / Jeffers / JJ next weekend for Potter and Tudgay should be the huge smack in the teeth they need.

Also, Simek should come back in at RB and Nolan should play LB. He looks very comfortable on his left, so it won't be a dis-service to play him there

Are you sure ? Doesn't make much sense as he is right footed :blink:

Well I was there and it happened a fair bit, he was comfortable with both feet, but whenever he did get forward he often cut back on his left foot and looked to put crosses in with that.

I'd say he was probably comfortable with both feet.

Guest gringo69

We tried to match Doncasters 'footballing' midfield 5 with our 'flantastic 4' which was so blatently obvious undermanned you sometimes wonder which game the coaching staff are actually watching.

To add to this we are all aware of the team and individual failings, yet again they seem completely blindfolded, change very little, unless forced to by injury.

We'd be better off DEFENSIVELY (when we don't have the ball) 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 (even 5-5-0) in attempt to get on top of the midfield and play on the counter attack, with a holding striker.

And its not negative if done correctly, and whats positive about the last 3 games and a 5-0 drubbing.

We don't have the right players in midfield to win possession and/or control possession and /or distribute the ball.

We can't play the long ball game, our version is the 'their centre backs heading practice session/then lose the 2nd ball'.

So carry on as we are and we are completely doomed.

As for the 'youngsters', they've got to step up at some stage, they could be the difference.

We seem to have options but are optionless, if you can get the drift there, and 'flantastic' isn't a spelling error, they just look like a midfield that,

at the same time as getting goosed on the pitch, give the other side time to custard pie them in the face on the way past !

'Slapstick-esque performance' yet again.

Cant really be bothered to go into depth about yesterday, 150 quid day out, spoiled by football, but if Irvine doesnt change the team after yesterday he will completely lose my support. He has several option, particularly in the midfield - which has been the problem all season. Potter and JOc have done it in about 5 games this season and both should be dropped. Its a joke that Maccalister hasnt had a few games. He came into the side at the end of last season and was miles better than O'connor. It has to be changed. Something like this, depending on fitness.

----------Grant----------

Simek--Beevers--Spurr--Nolan

Tudgay--Macca--Miller---EE

---------Varney--JJ--------

Assuming Purse is still out, I'd play:-

-----------------------Grant------------------

Simek------Hinds-----Beevers--------Nolan

-----------McAllister----------JOC-----------

Tudgay------------Miller----------------JJ---

---------------Clarke------------------------

Same here. Varney for JJ if JJ isnt't ready to start.

Guest Sheff Owl

Thought this maybe appropiate...

Funny thing is -

Soares play's poo poo - bench next game

Simek play's poo poo - bench next game or not included

Esajas play's poo poo - bench next game

Shame same don't apply for other player's.

As for the 'youngsters', they've got to step up at some stage, they could be the difference.

Last season we were starring relegation in the face McAllister and Beevers stood up and made a real difference. There is absolutely no reason why someone else couldn't emerge this time...

-----------McAllister----------JOC-----------

Tudgay------------Miller----------------JJ---

This is a midfield 5 without a single player who can pass the ball over the 5 yards, and I can't really see it working...

Boden is due a chance for a long time now, and Palmer could perhaps make the difference off the bench.

There is no reason to stick with same "failures" each week, as it can't work positively for any player at the club.

Some will stop trying because they wont get dropped no matter how they play, and others will stop trying because there is absolutely no chance they will get a real chance no matter what.

In the end we will end up without a single player who will care enough to give 100% (if it's not the case already :dry: )

Spurr, Gray, Potter HAVE TO BE TAKEN OUT NOW!!!!

and Tudgay.... give Leon a start FFS.

He is ineffective coming off the bench as he is not an impact player.

But, given a full match, surely he can use his presence and offer more than Marcus is at present ?

Grant

Nolan---Purse---Beevers----Spurr

JJ---Miller---O'Connor----Gray

---Clarke----Varney-----

That sort of team would have a better spine imo, thats a decent enough defence, can't believe how much we really do miss JJ, and from what I saw yesterday Miller is up for the fight and certainly won't go into hiding. Really not sure about Gray anymore because he doesn't offer an attacking threat, but he'd offer more overall to the team more than Esajas ever does.

The front line isn't exaclty a thrilling one, but at least Clarke would put himself about vand hold the ball up, and Varney is in some kind of scoring form - which is more than can be said for Tudgay.