Irvine HAS to change the team.

Last season we were starring relegation in the face McAllister and Beevers stood up and made a real difference. There is absolutely no reason why someone else couldn't emerge this time...

This is a midfield 5 without a single player who can pass the ball over the 5 yards, and I can't really see it working...

Boden is due a chance for a long time now, and Palmer could perhaps make the difference off the bench.

There is no reason to stick with same "failures" each week, as it can't work positively for any player at the club.

Some will stop trying because they wont get dropped no matter how they play, and others will stop trying because there is absolutely no chance they will get a real chance no matter what.

In the end we will end up without a single player who will care enough to give 100% (if it's not the case already :dry: )

It can't be any worse than the sh!te we've seen.

JOC and Macca would give you committment and will battle.

I think Tudgay is most effective from right midfield and JJ gives us the pace we've missed.

Miller would also give us something different going forward which we miss and Clarke with all his faults can hold the ball up.

Tbh, if they scraped a 1 - 0 win on saturday, I don't give a throw about the passing for now.

until injured players return to full fitness:

grant

nolan beevers hinds gray

simek soares mac tudgay

.....varney clarke

fully fit squad:

grant

buxton purse beevers nolan

jj soares mac miller

....varney tudgay

main thing is our team usually lacks pace/energy

& in the scrap spurr/potter/gray/hinds etc

are gonna cost us points imo

Guest Jackpo Sodje

Apparently Doncaster were one of the best teams to come to Hillsborough. I missed that game so I dont know myself, but since then, has no one noticed Purse is out injured and the team's fight has gone with it?

until injured players return to full fitness:

grant

nolan beevers hinds gray

simek soares mac tudgay

.....varney clarke

fully fit squad:

grant

buxton purse beevers nolan

jj soares mac miller

....varney tudgay

main thing is our team usually lacks pace/energy

& in the scrap spurr/potter/gray/hinds etc

are gonna cost us points imo

FAIL!!!!

For large parts of last season we played with two more defensive midfielders in the middle of the park. 2 of 3 out of Watson, O'Connor and McAllister. While our away form wasn't great, we were solid and conceded very few at home. Probably because our midfield two were offering much more support to the defence.

I'd go with O'Connor and McAllister in the middle, Tudgay/Varney out wide. God knows who you stick on the other wing.

Well, basically our midfield is an absolute shambles.

Spurr to centre back; McAllister into midfield, replacing Potter ; Gray to left back ; play Tudgay behind Clarke so not so easily marked.

One other thing; AI says he's getting to know whether the players have mental strength and "still getting to know them" . Unacceptable-we have a Technical adviser and a caretaker manager ( plus a chairman )to tell him!!

I would pick Sean McAllister ahead of any of the midfield players we have been watching disgrace the blue and white stripes recently, Then again, I have said that all season: in fact before the season started I said he would be one of the first names on my team sheet. He seems to be out of favour since he made a bad pass in an early game (can't remember which) and got a roasting from Darren Potter.

I would pick Sean McAllister ahead of any of the midfield players we have been watching disgrace the blue and white stripes recently, Then again, I have said that all season: in fact before the season started I said he would be one of the first names on my team sheet. He seems to be out of favour since he made a bad pass in an early game (can't remember which) and got a roasting from Darren Potter.

For the short spell he was on the pitch saturday thought he was our best player showed passion and drove us 10 yards further up the park i would play him in a midfield 5

Guest arobert

Yes, MacAllister should be the first name on the team sheet after Grant this Saturday.

He was treated poorly by Laws and now Irvine has not given him a chance.

But he is prepared to work and try.

This selection aberration must change on Saturday or my view of the new manager will fall significantly.

Guest clumber58

Apparently Doncaster were one of the best teams to come to Hillsborough. I missed that game so I dont know myself, but since then, has no one noticed Purse is out injured and the team's fight has gone with it?

Doncaster Rovers are not a good team, although I admit we made them look good that night. They're mid table (14th?) and have lost two matches and drawn the other since they won at Hillsborough.

I might be mistaken but I also thought Purse played against Rovers; the team certainly didn't fight that game either. I might be wrong I spent most of the match with my head in my hands.

IMO the only "untouchable" is Grant, the rest can be dropped, shuffled or sacked as far as I'm concerned. There needs to be wholesale changes made for this Saturday's match, with 5, 6 possibly even 7 new faces. We can't afford any more loan signings so play the lads from the reserves. We'll probably lose, but we'll almost certainly lose if we play the current eleven.

Never really understood why we fund a reserve team, but successive manager's have done all in their power not to play them when the need arises, prefering to bring people in on loan.