STRAFFORD OUT

Guest brockowl

Chronic ilness at Hillsborough ain't it?...Laws out, Strafford out...whoever out...flipping take a minute to think WHO in?

Are you the sort of folk who jump off a cliff then shout.. "Wings in"...doesn't fvckin' happen does it?...cos you have to have a viable alternative to the knee jerk fvcwhittery you come up with.

I know there so many angles on here that the saxons would never have got a look in...but agendas are quite clear of whatever persuasion and any one with any sense can discount them.

What, at the minute we cannot discount is the mess we are in.

Looking for blame will not assuage the malady, that goes for both fans and flipping board.

I don't blame blades fans for stirring the sh*te...thats Sheffield football and we have fans who give it back in measure, but I recognise it, and i'm sure most others on here do, so i ignore it...or accept it for what it is.

What we do need to recognise is that this season is turning into a nightmare, and hopes of even a midtable finish have become something that was hardly acceptable at the beginning of the season..but is now looking hardly attainable....and its going to be a struggle to beat the drop....again.

I know its a fvcing misery asking fans for patience after watching the tat served up in the last week, but we have no choice, there is no money, the team is patently not good enough, and sadly the team has not tried hard enough, I cannot find an arguement to support them at the minute..theres a distinct lack of effort.

Time is fast running out and some folk have to stand up and be counted, these folk actually wear the bloody strip, they are not sat in the boardroom nor the stands, they are paid to do a bloody job...they need to cross that flipping white line and do it...Ignore the howls from the fans and play football....THe fans are entitled to their umbrage, cos we have paid money to watch crap for a flipping decade, and even if you have only been a player for 2 minutes...to us..its still a flipping decade...

The board and Mr Strafford...stop beating the fans over the head with the guilty stick...out of all this dogs breakfast, the fans have held firm...firmer than most any other club in the league could expect.

The fans have shown over years that they care....the flipping players now need to turn up

Well said, as usual, Andy.

The thing for me is this: under the previous regime we'd have turned up in our 1000's because we, the supporters, are bigger that the $hite that run The Club. In the last year we have been promised more but that, IMO, has not been delivered where it matters, on the pitch and with results. As a result, again IMO, the feeling of despondecy is greater because we expected more so are not supporting the Club when we are needed more than before.

The change of deadlines for Season Tickets has not, again IMO, been accepted by most existing Season Ticket Holders; that's a marketing ploy that needs some work.

Well said, as usual, Andy.

The thing for me is this: under the previous regime we'd have turned up in our 1000's because we, the supporters, are bigger that the $hite that run The Club. In the last year we have been promised more but that, IMO, has not been delivered where it matters, on the pitch and with results. As a result, again IMO, the feeling of despondecy is greater because we expected more so are not supporting the Club when we are needed more than before.

The change of deadlines for Season Tickets has not, again IMO, been accepted by most existing Season Ticket Holders; that's a marketing ploy that needs some work.

Agree mate..there are thousands of season ticket holders that are waiting to see what happens...I'm not one of them cos i'm gonna go anyhow.....but honestly when i stop enjoying the trot to Hillsborough...i'll stop going...and no amount of emotional blackmail will change my mind...because thats what football is..its no longer a fiver a throw for loyalty..its a financial commitment , a season ticket..

No matter how much fans whitter of love, and Wednesday til i die and such..and platitudes of patience waft throughout the hallowed halls...some fans have had enough..you only have to go to know...Its way past time to give something back...and we ave not the capacity to do it

Agree mate..there are thousands of season ticket holders that are waiting to see what happens...I'm not one of them cos i'm gonna go anyhow.....but honestly when i stop enjoying the trot to Hillsborough...i'll stop going...and no amount of emotional blackmail will change my mind...because thats what football is..its no longer a fiver a throw for loyalty..its a financial commitment , a season ticket..

No matter how much fans whitter of love, and Wednesday til i die and such..and platitudes of patience waft throughout the hallowed halls...some fans have had enough..you only have to go to know...Its way past time to give something back...and we ave not the capacity to do it

Come on Dudes ..... thats all waaaaaaay too depressing . Isnt it ?

Guest Deleted member

I think thats my personal biggest disappointment with all of the changes that have been made in the last 15 months.

We have a massively under utilised facility in Hillsborough and our attendances don't reflect our catchment area. They also dont reflect the amount of people who claim to be supporters of the club - and before anyone starts I can totally understand why.

I'm hugely disappointed that we chose not to be more bold with our plans to increase attendances at the club - the core product has not improved in the last 3 years - therefore the best way IMHO to attract more customers would be with a radical approach to ticketing and making it more financially attractive to the fans.

There really is nothing to incentivise our fans to buy tickets in advance, for a number of reasons;

1. The stadium is so vast and underattended that you can decide to go to all games with less than an hour before kick off.

2. Its actually much less of a headache to buy tickets on the gate (and pay the extra £1) than go through (Im sorry to say this but its true) the online ticketing

3. Its even less of a headache to buy tickets on the gate than go through the phone-in line.

I have long been an advocate of heavily discounting (and massively simplifying) our season tickets to ensure that people commit for the season and get back into the habit of attending week in and week out. You only have to look at our pricing table for next year to realise that you need a degree in Advanced Mathematics to work out what the actual benefit of a season ticket is. For example - who can tell me EXACTLY to the £1 what the benefit is of owning a season ticket on the Kop next year??

I will argue that whoever even attempts to will be wrong. For instance - we have decided on 4 categories for home games next season, A*, A, B and C. Ive scoured the Official Site and can find nothing that says how many of these games there will be to allow me to work out how much it would cost if you paid on the day/in advance on a match by match basis. The info may well be there - but its not obvious. Couple that with the ongoing offers made to people who pick and choose their games and it really becomes a lottery as to whether your season ticket has any other benefit than guaranteeing you the same seat week by week.

With the emphasis switched to numerous categories, deadline dates that are flexible and online/offline pricing - we have built barriers to sale that shouldnt be there - and I would argue that the Online ticket pricing discounts make us less inclusive as a club - and that flies in the face of every message we hear about 'community'. A large proportion of our fans do not have direct access to online ticket purchases - and some that do cannot work their way round it.

Additionally - most of the clubs who have put their tickets on sale as early as we have - have publically advertised a Relegation Buy-Back clause. We have stated that our tickets represent good value whatever division we find ourselves in. Thats not going to be good enough for a lot of current season ticket holders - never mind prospective ones.

For an example of how my approach can (and does work) you need look no further than Sunderland - who on moving from Roker Park to the Stadium of light increased their attendances by some 140% by having a low cost structure that filled the ground as a matter of priority. im aware there is always some fan uplift when a new stadium is populated but their ticket prices massively contributed.

Sitting in a stadium with 18,000 empty seats every week depresses me almost as much as the football these days. Its a missed opportunity, and one that could be corrected with a brave and bold approach.

Guest davet30

I know its a fvcing misery asking fans for patience after watching the tat served up in the last week, but we have no choice, there is no money, the team is patently not good enough, and sadly the team has not tried hard enough, I cannot find an arguement to support them at the minute..theres a distinct lack of effort

Well I've read the entire thread on here - including those from the Blunt CHL (keep shakin' that bush you numb skull), and this is the most sensible post I've read but ..... Could you please clarify one think for me.

you say the team is 'patently not good enough' what exactly do you mean by that statement? (I agree with the rest of that post about them not trying hard enough and lack of effort but.....) It's relatively the same team that gave Donny a run for their money at the Keepmote and they have played some good football albeit inconsistently.

At the moment they have a huge lack of confidence which is the main reason for their 'panicky' play - scared to death! This is what Al needs to sort out. Also there doesn't appear to be any communication on the pitch between the players. No one seems to talk to each other I mean, take that instance when Beevers let the ball go out for a corner cos he thought it came off one of their players. That was a shocker but someone should have shouted 'boot it'. Yes he (Beevers) should have seen it but obviously he didn't. There are too many mistakes of this kind which need sorting like now!

mini rant over

RIP G.A.D. :Dark Sad:

I think thats my personal biggest disappointment with all of the changes that have been made in the last 15 months.

We have a massively under utilised facility in Hillsborough and our attendances don't reflect our catchment area. They also dont reflect the amount of people who claim to be supporters of the club - and before anyone starts I can totally understand why.

I'm hugely disappointed that we chose not to be more bold with our plans to increase attendances at the club - the core product has not improved in the last 3 years - therefore the best way IMHO to attract more customers would be with a radical approach to ticketing and making it more financially attractive to the fans.

There really is nothing to incentivise our fans to buy tickets in advance, for a number of reasons;

1. The stadium is so vast and underattended that you can decide to go to all games with less than an hour before kick off.

2. Its actually much less of a headache to buy tickets on the gate (and pay the extra £1) than go through (Im sorry to say this but its true) the online ticketing

3. Its even less of a headache to buy tickets on the gate than go through the phone-in line.

I have long been an advocate of heavily discounting (and massively simplifying) our season tickets to ensure that people commit for the season and get back into the habit of attending week in and week out. You only have to look at our pricing table for next year to realise that you need a degree in Advanced Mathematics to work out what the actual benefit of a season ticket is. For example - who can tell me EXACTLY to the £1 what the benefit is of owning a season ticket on the Kop next year??

I will argue that whoever even attempts to will be wrong. For instance - we have decided on 4 categories for home games next season, A*, A, B and C. Ive scoured the Official Site and can find nothing that says how many of these games there will be to allow me to work out how much it would cost if you paid on the day/in advance on a match by match basis. The info may well be there - but its not obvious. Couple that with the ongoing offers made to people who pick and choose their games and it really becomes a lottery as to whether your season ticket has any other benefit than guaranteeing you the same seat week by week.

With the emphasis switched to numerous categories, deadline dates that are flexible and online/offline pricing - we have built barriers to sale that shouldnt be there - and I would argue that the Online ticket pricing discounts make us less inclusive as a club - and that flies in the face of every message we hear about 'community'. A large proportion of our fans do not have direct access to online ticket purchases - and some that do cannot work their way round it.

Additionally - most of the clubs who have put their tickets on sale as early as we have - have publically advertised a Relegation Buy-Back clause. We have stated that our tickets represent good value whatever division we find ourselves in. Thats not going to be good enough for a lot of current season ticket holders - never mind prospective ones.

For an example of how my approach can (and does work) you need look no further than Sunderland - who on moving from Roker Park to the Stadium of light increased their attendances by some 140% by having a low cost structure that filled the ground as a matter of priority. im aware there is always some fan uplift when a new stadium is populated but their ticket prices massively contributed.

Sitting in a stadium with 18,000 empty seats every week depresses me almost as much as the football these days. Its a missed opportunity, and one that could be corrected with a brave and bold approach.

Some damn good points in all of that

But, even at say 39,000 seats at circa £8 for everyone, we would make less money than 18,000 fans at £23 a ticket

The whole pricing structure is wrong, but unfortunately I feel pricing is something that Lee has his hands tied over.

But............ attractive marketing and a range of other tickets i.e. different age groups, buy so many get one free, bring a friend for free with so many bought etc etc, is definitely something which could be improved

Guest Deleted member

But, even at say 39,000 seats at circa £8 for everyone, we would make less money than 18,000 fans at £23 a ticket

The whole pricing structure is wrong, but unfortunately I feel pricing is something that Lee has his hands tied over.

But............ attractive marketing and a range of other tickets i.e. different age groups, buy so many get one free, bring a friend for free with so many bought etc etc, is definitely something which could be improved

Where on earth did you get £8 from?

Guest davet30

Where on earth did you get £8 from?

Yep ... I've looked at your post 3 times now and I can't see it :blink:

Edited by davet30

Guest Deleted member

Just as an example...

For the KOP

You could make matchdays £15 (pay in advance) or £20 pay on the day. Every game (no categories). Or buy a season ticket for £230.00 - so you get it at £10 a game. All concessions - half price (in advance £7.50) or £10 pay on the day. Concessionary season ticket - £115.00. Under 11s - £50.00.

(Obviously this structure is done without any market research - which to be honest seems to be the same as the clubs pricing structure - when are we going to bring back the fans forums??)

Edited by Deleted member

Guest davet30

Be interesting to see what the crowd would be if it was free to get in. At the minute, we'd struggle to get many more than we do now.

Your name is apt. :laugh:

Well I've read the entire thread on here - including those from the Blunt CHL (keep shakin' that bush you numb skull), and this is the most sensible post I've read but ..... Could you please clarify one think for me.

you say the team is 'patently not good enough' what exactly do you mean by that statement? (I agree with the rest of that post about them not trying hard enough and lack of effort but.....) It's relatively the same team that gave Donny a run for their money at the Keepmote and they have played some good football albeit inconsistently.

At the moment they have a huge lack of confidence which is the main reason for their 'panicky' play - scared to death! This is what Al needs to sort out. Also there doesn't appear to be any communication on the pitch between the players. No one seems to talk to each other I mean, take that instance when Beevers let the ball go out for a corner cos he thought it came off one of their players. That was a shocker but someone should have shouted 'boot it'. Yes he (Beevers) should have seen it but obviously he didn't. There are too many mistakes of this kind which need sorting like now!

mini rant over

RIP G.A.D. :Dark Sad:

Sure mate i'll clarify it...Lack of effort is simply part and parcel of the whole thing...you can be fvcvin' Maradonna, but if you cannot be arsed to run about and look for the ball, don't get on the ball...doin' 100 odd keppie ups means **** all....skill means nowt if you are not prepared to use it on the field...our players are hiding...i'm not saying they are Maradonna...i am saying they could be better than they are...they have proved that..like you say ..they should not be frightened to death..me shoutin' "AWAY!!!!!" in the stands should in no way influence what a professional footballer does....he should know better than to listen

Guest totemowl

Agreed.

But again, what would allow the club to be bold, that isn't open to abuse and without upsetting / undermining core support including loyalty schemes such as season tickets.

I've been at a loose end this afternoon, my scheduled activity was cancelled due to the snow. Out of boredom I attempted to cost a match to match ticket on the Kop using the advertised on-line matchday prices.

I reckoned on 6 x C games, 6 x B games, 6 x A games, 2 x A* games and 3 "friend for £10" offers and got a total of £384.

I know that my guestimate is just that but, for someone who:

a) cannot guarantee being able to get to all games

B) does not want to buy a season ticket until after March 8th for whatever reason

C) has not bought into the current Club philosophy that supporters need to do just that

paying match-to-match on-line looks more attractive than paying £381 for a season ticket.

Guest Deleted member

I've been at a loose end this afternoon, my scheduled activity was cancelled due to the snow. Out of boredom I attempted to cost a match to match ticket on the Kop using the advertised on-line matchday prices.

I reckoned on 6 x C games, 6 x B games, 6 x A games, 2 x A* games and 3 "friend for £10" offers and got a total of £384.

I know that my guestimate is just that but, for someone who:

a) cannot guarantee being able to get to all games

B) does not want to buy a season ticket until after March 8th for whatever reason

C) has not bought into the current Club philosophy that supporters need to do just that

paying match-to-match on-line looks more attractive than paying £381 for a season ticket.

Maybe/maybe not a good guesstimate...

Anybody care to hazard an exact cost?