How do we get more fans into Hillsborough for the remaining games?

I know it's been done to death about ticket prices but what can we do to get the crowds up to 25,000 - 30,000 for the remaining games which I suspect there would've been if it not for the prices this season.

Remember even in our League 1 campaign we reached an average of just under 25,000 in one season.

So, how can we get another 5,000 - 10,000 more through the turnstiles without upsetting fans who pledged their support at the beginning of the season by purchasing their season tickets as obviously even the performances on the pitch haven't swayed people to return.

My thoughts were a big marketing campaign with an offer for the remaining games (currently 8 home games but would be too late to include them all so maybe something along the lines of :-

The Magnificent 7 Ticket

Super 6 Ticket

A Bunch Of 5's Ticket

4 Games at Fortress Hillsborough Ticket

What would people think if we sold these at £25 a game which would be in Lower Leppings Lane for Q.P.R, Charlton, Blackburn and Milton Keynes Dons (and possibly Ipswich and Toytown if these clubs don't require the bottom tier too)

For Cardiff where I presume the Police would not want home fans in Lower Tier fans they would instead be relocated on the Kop or if the want to move to North or South an extra fee would be payable and same would apply for Ipswich and Rotherham if moved fans were moved.

My thinking is it would offer slightly cheaper tickets without hopefully annoying too many current season ticket holders and would also mean backing for the team from four sides of Hillsborough.

I know it's been done to death about ticket prices but what can we do to get the crowds up to 25,000 - 30,000 for the remaining games which I suspect there would've been if it not for the prices this season.

Remember even in our League 1 campaign we reached an average of just under 25,000 in one season.

So, how can we get another 5,000 - 10,000 more through the turnstiles without upsetting fans who pledged their support at the beginning of the season by purchasing their season tickets as obviously even the performances on the pitch haven't swayed people to return.

My thoughts were a big marketing campaign with an offer for the remaining games (currently 8 home games but would be too late to include them all so maybe something along the lines of :-

The Magnificent 7 Ticket

Super 6 Ticket

A Bunch Of 5's Ticket

4 Games at Fortress Hillsborough Ticket

What would people think if we sold these at £25 a game which would be in Lower Leppings Lane for Q.P.R, Charlton, Blackburn and Milton Keynes Dons (and possibly Ipswich and Toytown if these clubs don't require the bottom tier too)

For Cardiff where I presume the Police would not want home fans in Lower Tier fans they would instead be relocated on the Kop or if the want to move to North or South an extra fee would be payable and same would apply for Ipswich and Rotherham if moved fans were moved.

My thinking is it would offer slightly cheaper tickets without hopefully annoying too many current season ticket holders and would also mean backing for the team from four sides of Hillsborough.

Good idea imo sell em £20 lower lepp, £25 kop, £30 north, £35 south.

I'd announce it as a 6 game package so there's a payday and no excuses for people not get involved.

Kids £50 any stand.

If we get to the playoff final then only members and ST holders will be guarenteed a ticket. You only get allocated 30,000 tickets each. That will only leave around 11,000 tickets for the rest of folk that want to go. Lots will be dissapointed i think if we do manage to get there.

In all seriousness it's ridiculous that ppl are talking about having to do ticket deals to get the fans in. It's the best football we've seen for years and we're genuine contenders for promotion. If fans need ticket deals to come to games,then they don't deserve the chance to see us

Don't worry about it, the stay aways will be moaning cos they can't get tickets for our promotion run in

We won't be getting an allocation of 40k if we get to the play off final.

So gonna be tough poo poo for some. And it'll be those who haven't bothered this season...

Don't worry about it, the stay aways will be moaning cos they can't get tickets for our promotion run in

A bit severe, but more or less hits the nail on the head.

The away support which are obviously the already converted is growing week on week. The problem with the away support, isn't the cost of tickets, it's the limit of supply in most cases.

I can't help feeling this will be replicated in a slightly lesser way in respect of home games.

As the product on display improves (as it has done beyond recognition) and the enthusiasm & hype starts to build (as it is starting to do), the cost of tickets will become less & less of a talking point until we get to the point that Blueblood refers to, where, if the current form continues, demand starts to outstrip supply.

Looking at yesterday's result and if we carry on our current home form, this may start to happen sooner rather than later.

When you have a first class product that people want to buy, there is no reason to give it away! 

That would be unfair to some Kop Season Ticket holders who paid around £28 a game in the Phase 3 sales load Season Tickets last year.

Fair enough but is anyone bothered? I'm not. I don't sit there thinking I wonder how much he/she paid or it's not fair that they paid less etc. Part of the cost for me is guaranteeing a good view sat around friends with priority for away/big matches. At this point in the season I'd rather see the ground full. Just my oppionion of course but just asked my dingle season ticket holding other half and she feels the same.

We do keep winning but the amount of Wednesday fans in the stadium seems to remain at a constant 19,000-20,000

i do think IF we keep winning on the run in you'll see the true yorkshire folk 'dip into their pockets' and splash out...

they'll likely pay a tenner more on the run in, than they will during the normal season...

i'd expect us to be a to add a few thousand a game...

but under the previous pricing policy, we should have been playing in front of 26/28k by now...

with a 'full house' turning out for home play off games...

In all seriousness it's ridiculous that ppl are talking about having to do ticket deals to get the fans in. It's the best football we've seen for years and we're genuine contenders for promotion. If fans need ticket deals to come to games,then they don't deserve the chance to see us

i've plussed your post, cos what you wrote is true...

but,

are you a season ticket holder?

as they 'get a ticket deal to get them in'...

is it not the same thing in a different size wrapper?

Fair enough but is anyone bothered? I'm not. I don't sit there thinking I wonder how much he/she paid or it's not fair that they paid less etc. Part of the cost for me is guaranteeing a good view sat around friends with priority for away/big matches. At this point in the season I'd rather see the ground full. Just my oppionion of course but just asked my dingle season ticket holding other half and she feels the same.

i think 'some' would be 'very bothered'...

As someone pointed out, this would also mean a guaranteed playoff final ticket if required.

Also, if we have a playoff semi-final game at Hillsborough then people who purchase these would be included in the offer which would be made to Season Ticket holders for cheaper tickets to this game.

Who's not to say for a Playoff Semi-Final game the Bristol City prices are not repeated or even the A* prices implemented?

Like the Arsenal game, tickets prices for a playoff might be set at £25 for all stands for existing season ticket holders and members which would be a big saving on the above scenarios.

Edited by owl-zat