This has to stop now.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

So being in the p[lay off places is just some sort of f.ookin' wierd anomaly then?

TBF with the players we now have if a 5 year old sent them out they would (or should) get us near the play off's..

Last season Carlos punched well above his weight (and expectation) with the squad he had, this season he is punching well below and our position is about the same despite the increased investment with performances well down..

Just now, pgmetcalf said:

And what tactics are you thinking of specifically? 

Have you not been watching us recently? or even all season?

players in the wrong positions

having to make changes at half time so we have the team on the pitch for the second half that we should have had on from the beginning (Tuesday night for the last instance, if not today)

having the only two proven goal scorers we have, not on the pitch when we need to score

playing the backwards all the time, not just when required

need I go on?

20 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

When Gray had decent strikers at his disposal we beat Leeds 6-0

And averaged 7 goals in 6 games.... in all seriousness we used to play with 4 fullbacks and our strikers were defending more than attacking. 

3 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

And what tactics are you thinking of specifically? 

Playing not to lose at a slow tempo with slow build up, we dont go at teams like we did last season. Playing players out of position and Carlos sticking with his favourites. Today we were one down and needed a goal so he took Rhodes and abdi off an put Fletcher and bannan on. Now I don't know about you but that made no sense at all to me.

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

Have you not been watching us recently? or even all season?

players in the wrong positions

having to make changes at half time so we have the team on the pitch for the second half that we should have had on from the beginning (Tuesday night for the last instance, if not today)

having the only two proven goal scorers we have, not on the pitch when we need to score

playing the backwards all the time, not just when required

need I go on?

if we play backwards all the time, do we have a need for strikers? 

You get what you deserve, the league table won't lie at the end of the season. It's a bit of a cliche I know, but meltdowns on here and fans at matches having a go at individual players won't help the team get on track. What seems to be lacking at the moment is every player on the field doing their utmost to achieve the collective goal...be it winning or salvaging a point. The whole outfit seems to be very fearful of expressing themselves hence the short ineffective passes sideways and back and I wonder how much the fans expectations weigh on them, yes they are professionals, but also only human. Just look at the player ratings on here and rarely do all the players score well, it's always two or three out of 11.

Carlos, has the job of getting them to gel as a collective force, no easy feat given the January transfers. I hope he has a long hard look at his team selection and rethinks how to get the right shape for this group of players. It's a great squad now but as the TV pundits have said they aren't giving full value.

I do wish the fans who give our players abuse would turn it against the opposition at Hillsborough, make it hostile for them not us! If our players can hear it from the stands so can the opposites.:columbo:

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

And averaged 7 goals in 6 games.... in all seriousness we used to play with 4 fullbacks and our strikers were defending more than attacking. 

Rubbish, stop being selective, when we had Wickham for the second time we had the mentality that it didn't matter how many they score we'll score more - and we did BUT only while we had Wickham..

Just now, smithyswfc said:

Playing not to lose at a slow tempo with slow build up, we dont go at teams like we did last season. Playing players out of position and Carlos sticking with his favourites. Today we were one down and needed a goal so he took Rhodes and abdi off an put Fletcher and bannan on. Now I don't know about you but that made no sense at all to me.

Yes we do, in many matches last season, Huddersfield at tome springs to mind the most, we kept a tight ship, let them do all the running and tire themselves out before going into the kill. Perhaps you we think we should tire ourselves out first? 

Just now, pgmetcalf said:

Right, now we're getting somewhere. What good positions are you thinking about specifically? 

Well usually good supply would be into a position a striker can score from not a 50 yard ball to Fernando or rhodes head. We play narrow and very rarely use wide men to get a ball in the box, something we did alot of last season.

1 minute ago, smithyswfc said:

Well usually good supply would be into a position a striker can score from not a 50 yard ball to Fernando or rhodes head. We play narrow and very rarely use wide men to get a ball in the box, something we did alot of last season.

I agree, almost every attack is played down the wing resulting in a high cross in we're lucky. Crosses are pisseasy to defend against - the defender has most of the field to aim at. In contrast a striker has to hit a small target and getting nudged very slightly lessens their chance of getting anywhere near the target. Also flighted crosses immediately lessen the options for a striker. I'm not saying we shouldn't attempt crosses but not on every attack