This has to stop now.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

You also have lost it, it's the fans fault! OMFG

Take a small part of a much longer piece and present it out of context to suit your argument.

As one of the most negative posters on this site, can you ever point out where rampant negativity has ever achieved anything, other than compound the 'problem'.

Whilst your at it, can you deny that the negative vibes both on here but more specifically from the stands has had anything other than a negative effect on the players and staff, and if you don't concede this, why has it now been discussed by so many members of the playing & management staff.

I would also suggest that this hysterical criticism & sometimes abuse is more about salving fans's own frustrations rather than any attempt to 'lift' the team.

As i keep saying (that you conveniently chose to ignore) it  isn't that there will come a time when it is time for CC to move on, but that it isn't that time yet and the LEVEL of abuse relative to our current position (which is unchanged after today) even allowing for the supposed boring style of play is out of all proportion and is eroding the bond between fan's and playing & management staff which will not be repaired quickly.

3 hours ago, shandypants said:

Ok. It's the fans fault then. 

It's not the fans fault but a chunk of our fans are self entitled expectant selfish **** who have got worse as we have improved.

They won't get behind the team unless the team give them reason to like they are royalty expecting to be entertained and not putting any effort in themselves.

They think football is so simple that because we have spent more than we normally do we should be higher and playing better ignoring what any other club has spent and the insane amount being spent in this league, fans at home are so quick to jump on the players backs and moan and groan if a pass is misplaced and like it or not these things do effect the players irrelevant of how much they get paid. They are not robots and a positive atmosphere helps more than what our fans regularly serve up.

I am very frustrated with this season and the way we are playing and think Carlos needs to change the way we are playing. I think he has become overly cautious after the play off final and forgotten what made us good last season, however he is also having to combat the fact teams have changed how they play against us. If we don't make the play offs I am sure he will be gone and I don't think he could complain about that.

3 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

And how many fans of teams in the top 6 are slagging their own team off? 

Just the one. Us. Because we're the only ones underperforming & not playing to anywhere near our full potential. We're treading water, whereas 3 of those above us have weaker squads & are playing & performing much better than us. The other 2 are out of reach anyway.

That is why people are psd off. We haven't progressed on last season. Brighton have shown us how it should be done.

4 hours ago, Thewaynesday said:

By product of the modern world. People don't like to wait. They expect everything yesterday and they don't like when they don't get their way. Things like Facebook and tinder have given people this feeling of been able to get what they want when they want , it's all instant. It's the main reason I'm on no form of social media. 

The worlds un-workable and people are shellfish and ungrateful regardless of what people do. 

Still it distracts everyone from governments destroying countries but that's a whole other post...

to sum up ... people are flaps 

Explain this "Tinder".......

:columbo:

lol

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Just the one. Us. Because we're the only ones underperforming & not playing to anywhere near our full potential. We're treading water, whereas 3 of those above us have weaker squads & are playing & performing much better than us. The other 2 are out of reach anyway.

That is why people are psd off. We haven't progressed on last season. Brighton have shown us how it should be done.

How many seasons has it takes brighton  to get to where they are now? I would suggest it's more than 2.

4 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

You deserve to finish where you finish. After 46 games if we are 6th then we'll deserve it.

However no one can deny it's been tedious to watch which given our squad is not good enough. 

Ill stick my neck out (it's a forum and no one knows who I am!) and say we won't finish top 7

I may not know who you are but I'll wager £100 to a charity of my / your choice that we will!

3 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I may not know who you are but I'll wager £100 to a charity of my / your choice that we will!

Can't afford to throw hundred quid about mate, I've 2 season tickets to renew next week

its my opinion. We are poor and our luck has run out

21 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

How many seasons has it takes brighton  to get to where they are now? I would suggest it's more than 2.

I agree. It was our owner who said he wanted PL in our anniversary year, not us. Either us or Brighton were the 3rd best team last year. Depends how you judge it. Only one of us is doing better now.

Edited by The only way is S6

6 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I agree. It was our owner who said he wanted PL in our anniversary year, not us. Either us or Brighton were the 3rd best team last year. Depends how you judge it. Only one is doing better.

Brighton finished 15 points ahead of us last season and only missed out on automatic promotion on goal difference. They were streets ahead of us over the course of a full season.

Both teams have more points than they did at the same stage last season.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Brighton finished 15 points ahead of us last season and only missed out on automatic promotion on goal difference. They were streets ahead of us over the course of a full season.

Both teams have more points than they did at the same stage last season.

And yet, they've managed to improve on that! We haven't, no matter how you dress it up.

The amount of points last year at this stage is irrelevant. Each season is unique. All that's relevant is our current position in relation to those above us. We have less points & are playing worse than them.

3 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

And yet, they've managed to improve on that! We haven't, no matter how you dress it up.

The amount of points last year at this stage is irrelevant. Each season is unique. All that's relevant is our current position in relation to those above us. We have less points & are playing worse than them.

You're overblowing how much better they are and how much worse we are.

They are in the automatic positions and we're in the play off positions.

The season didn't finish today did it?  because we're about like for like on this time last year so save your drama for now.

It's not drama. It's reality. It's an observation on our lack of progress. On the same day we lost to our nearest rival with a missed pen, our only shot on target, Brighton pasted another play-off team to go top.

Nobody said the season ended either. There's 12 games to go. I just can't see a change in style or approach. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

As for this time last year; total pie in the sky to compare, regarding anything to do with this season. Points, league position or anything else. Mint imperial.