This has to stop now.

1 hour ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

It's getting a bit depressing now. A long, long time ago we'd lose one and say "well, we'll win the next one" we'd lose two and we'd say "well, we'll win he next two". Not now, all you lot want to do is capitulate. How can we win 4 on the trot, lose 2 and sack the manager, I really don't understand all this.

Calling for the managers head is absolutely ridiculous, it wasn't our day simple as that, lets all panic because we have lost our last two, i think not we, will be fine come the end of the season, it could be worse we could be Rotherham UTO

2 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

I agree, almost every attack is played down the wing resulting in a high cross in we're lucky. Crosses are pisseasy to defend against - the defender has most of the field to aim at. In contrast a striker has to hit a small target and getting nudged very slightly lessens their chance of getting anywhere near the target. Also flighted crosses immediately lessen the options for a striker. I'm not saying we shouldn't attempt crosses but not on every attack 

Pretty much what I'm getting at. We need to mix it up, we play one way and when that way doesn't work were stuck like we were today. we play narrow and through the middle and we are easy to defend against.

Last Tuesday night at home to Brentford, a team that have little to play for we were 18 minutes into the game before their keeper had his first touch of the ball and that was to pick up a tame through ball. We have no link up play to our forwards whatsoever and are as dull as flip to watch.

Just now, vid80 said:

...... it wasn't our day simple as that, lets all panic because we have lost our last two, i think not we, will be fine come the end of the season, it could be worse we could be Rotherham UTO

No one's panicking, but there's a LOT of frustration. Not because we lost the last two, but because we've been playing poorly for much longer than that, and we're now getting found out.

It disappoints me that Carlos in his post-match interview makes it sound like the Owls put on a good performance today. We were poor today, and -  aside from a fluffed and fortuitous pen - never worked their goalie. We also gave away a daft goal and our 10 million striker fluffed that fortuitous pen. Worryingly, as we enter the run in CC doesn't seem to have any sort of idea as to who is our 'best' team - Westwood, Loovens and Hutch aside. And why oh why does he persist with Wallace?

WAWAW and we are still in 6th position, but at the moment I don't fancy our chances in the playoffs - IF we get there.

Sixth is great for SWFC as it's only recently we have become competitive in this division. 

However, our squad is arguably as strong as Brighton when comparing the best 18 we can name per match. 

I would argue we have better squads than Leeds, Reading and Huddersfield. On that basis I would say we are under performing. 

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

You don't "Luckily" get into the play offs in the championships after 30 odd games...You get there because by an' large you deserve to be there.

You can post and post about "Riding yer luck"...but that honestly does not pan out over 3/4 of a season in football...

some on here cant see past the last couple of games

IMHO we have the best bunch of players since the 90's, yet we play like the defensive 1970's Italian side. It's dire, you can argue till the cows come home about points making prizes and they do but we have won FA so far and to be fair it's not looking certain we will be in the play-offs, never mind promotion.  I cannot see why people try and defend the style of play we have adopted, it's not as though it got us promoted....if we do, ok fair comment..we will see.

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Hard to believe after 20 years of pain some of our fans (and I use that term loosely) haven't mastered the art of losing with dignity. 

Some of the posts are borderline Trumpesque with the reality. 

We don't create chances - 29 against Brentford. 

Its like it was under Gray - maybe I missed Grays run in the top six. 

We're where we are due to luck - yea missing two pens, hitting woodwork 2 or 3 times in single game sounds really lucky! 

Come on ladies and gents. This sense of entitlement isn't our way surely. Cheer the team on! Take off the expectancy and pressure! If we could build that atmosphere I'm sure players would benefit as well as results! 

I'd maybe give it up as a bad job mate.

The knives are out (pretty much always have been) as CC wasn't Pearson and latterly Brucie and some have not forgiven him for that, amazingly.

They scream for CCs head because he has been 'boring' this season and shout for Rowett to replace him. Probably tells you all you need to know about the intellect involved.

Some on here, (the usual pathetic suspects, 1 in particular) are actually reveling in today's defeat and openly bragging that this (losing to a team one place above us, who undoubtedly started favorites), proves his theory and justifies his campaign from day one to get CC out.

In some respects, maybe it is better that CC goes, as the genie is now out of the bottle. He knows, DC knows and the players now know, that our 'fans' rather than being the loyal, motivating force they were last year, are nothing more than a self entitled, pathetic bunch of Man Utd wannabees, who not only think we should win every match but should  win them by being allowed by the opposition to spray the ball here and there and look like a poor mans Barcelona every week.

NO ONE else is doing this. Newcastle are scabbing results , Brighton are 'efficient' as are Leeds as are Reading.  

Don't think i enjoyed sitting on row 3 today near the Leeds fans reveling in our discomfort, but it needs keeping in context.

The mass hysteria on here is something to behold and as i referred to earlier is very worrying. The negativity has clearly permeated through to the team & management and borne out by Westwood's reaction to some typical gob s**te shouting abuse.

DC must also be worried because i assume he is also aware of the CC out campaign, and if they finally get their wish & CC goes, he must be well aware that if he makes anything other than a 'safe' appointment, the 'a another' appointment to replace CC would just herald the same negative process from the 'fans' all over again with the same eventual outcome.

Not only would this mean we would never unearth someone like Wagner, we'd be stuck with the also ran's like Bruce, Pearson, Rowett, and i assume DC would walk, rather than countenance that. 

Let's do what Derby did and swap & change managers and languish in the mid lower reaches shall we, which would be the ultimate self fulfilled prophecy. Maybe deep down we're happier with this situation than actually competing.

The idea we sack a manager and then immediately turn into Brighton or Newcastle overnight is just laughable.

The time always comes where a manager has run his course and a change is needed. Why people think we have reached that point at the moment is beyond me. 

However, we may as well pull the plug on CC now, as he will clearly in some eyes, always be some sort of pariah, we may as well diminish expectations and start the decline sooner rather than later, which is roughly what some of our 'fan' base deserve. 

48 minutes ago, selbyowls said:

totally agree they must be as fed up as all of us

Why leave Winnall on bench and take Rhodes off is beyond belief

Must admit I scratched my head in wonderment, Absolutely crazy, in the role he is playing, ie never getting a chance, what's the point. May just have well played newhugh, and saved 10 million smackeroons, I thinks our leader has finally lost it

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

You don't "Luckily" get into the play offs in the championships after 30 odd games...You get there because by an' large you deserve to be there.

You can post and post about "Riding yer luck"...but that honestly does not pan out over 3/4 of a season in football...

Rubbish!  you can have great players and a shlte "head Coach" to get you into the top 6 after 30 odd games 

2 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

It's getting a bit depressing now. A long, long time ago we'd lose one and say "well, we'll win the next one" we'd lose two and we'd say "well, we'll win he next two". Not now, all you lot want to do is capitulate. How can we win 4 on the trot, lose 2 and sack the manager, I really don't understand all this.

We weren't spending millions buying the best players in the league before and charging top whack to watch it . Simple reallly 

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Hard to believe after 20 years of pain some of our fans (and I use that term loosely) haven't mastered the art of losing with dignity. 

Some of the posts are borderline Trumpesque with the reality. 

We don't create chances - 29 against Brentford. 

Its like it was under Gray - maybe I missed Grays run in the top six. 

We're where we are due to luck - yea missing two pens, hitting woodwork 2 or 3 times in single game sounds really lucky! 

Come on ladies and gents. This sense of entitlement isn't our way surely. Cheer the team on! Take off the expectancy and pressure! If we could build that atmosphere I'm sure players would benefit as well as results! 

Have to agree with Philb125 - but try 40 years of pain.

I was on the Kop as a kid in April 1976 when we beat Southend 2 -1 to avoid relegation to Div 4 (big Mick P scoring the winner after a nervous 1 -1). The pitch invasion which followed was like we had won the FA Cup, and the players came out for a standing ovation in the Directors' Box, hailed as heroes by the crowd even after coming so close to our darkest hour - ever. Would we do that again for the team now? A chance of the play offs to the top tier was a long way away in those days, and I have experienced plenty of disappointment since then.

Come on boys, can't we just be positive for twelve weeks about where we are now, and how far we have come? Let's get behind the boys, and Carols, and let's reserve judgement until the end of the season.

No excusing this seasons performances. 

Carlos only has some and its dwindling fan backing because he's likeable. 

With no signs of improvement for months now I reckon DC is going to be making a very important decision come 5pm next Saturday if we lose