This has to stop now.

6 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

It's getting a bit depressing now. A long, long time ago we'd lose one and say "well, we'll win the next one" we'd lose two and we'd say "well, we'll win he next two". Not now, all you lot want to do is capitulate. How can we win 4 on the trot, lose 2 and sack the manager, I really don't understand all this.

Thats the expectations of the playoff final n spending £15m plus!!

27k fans...half of them are new to this!!! Mate.......me and you have seen it bad, some have only seen Wembley last season!!! 

UTO

6 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

It's getting a bit depressing now. A long, long time ago we'd lose one and say "well, we'll win the next one" we'd lose two and we'd say "well, we'll win he next two". Not now, all you lot want to do is capitulate. How can we win 4 on the trot, lose 2 and sack the manager, I really don't understand all this.

Brilliant post

Its been said today that the atmosphere was really poor for an away game, now I'm first to admit my frustration at the result today and our performances overall this season , but I've been to away games when we've had sides that didn't have an ounce of the quality this ones got and that's never stopped us supporting our team , it's never stopped us creating atmospheres that made other clubs envious 

what the hell has happened ?  All this negativity , 4 wins on the bounce happy days CC is king , lose a few and its end of the road CC get ur coat ... it's got to stop 

I am not a critic of the current team or the coaching, as you will be aware from this thread. However football is a simple game - to keep possession, make the ball do the work, and let the opposition chase shadows is pretty much what the game is about. Brighton gave a master class in that tonight. However,If you watch any three minute section back of any recent game, you will sadly see too many players giving possession given away cheaply. This seems to me to be the key issue. But this is not the fault of the manager's tactics, but perhaps evidence of nervous, edgy players lacking some confidence. As fans, we can do something about that....

Just a thought.

34 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The crap style of play and poor performances isn't some sort of tactical cleverness on the part of Carlos.

It's just crap play. Simple as.

I am not a critic of the current team or the coaching, as you will be aware from this thread. However football is a simple game - to keep possession, make the ball do the work, and let the opposition chase shadows is pretty much what the game is about. Brighton gave a master class in that tonight. However,If you watch any three minute section back of any recent game, you will sadly see too many players giving possession given away cheaply. This seems to me to be the key issue. But this is not the fault of the manager's tactics, but perhaps evidence of nervous, edgy players lacking some confidence. As fans, we can do something about that....

Just a thought.

57 minutes ago, Purley Arms Owl said:

Just a thought.

Pretty sure the manager and players can do more about it than the fans.

Just a thought.

If Sheffield Wednesday was your child and it had just brought home it's School report it would be a C.

Little mister Wednesday has loads of potential but he messes about all morning seeing what the otner kids are doing, sometimes tries a bit harder in the afternoon but sometimes it's a bit late by then. 

Lovely lad has the potential to do much better. 

My kid would be getting a kick up the arse I can tell you that. I'm not happy for my kid to coast by on a C when he's a potential A student. 

12 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

A shoestring Leeds squad with zero name buys can galvanize and reel off more wins.

Same with Huddersfield and Reading.

It feels like our talent level alone gets us in that 6th spot.  Why we're not able to maximize and progress further than that  is what's concerning.

7 hours ago, Purley Arms Owl said:

Just a thought.

100% this. 

I was lucky enough to spend the summer in France watching the euros. I watched a variety of matches.... 

watching weeker teams olay with no fear and cheered on regardless over turn teams of superstars that were booed and hissed from kickoff for missing passes and shots. 

When a pass is missed you see good pros. Often applaud the effort not shout and scream.... confidence has a huge plight in how a team performs.

Whilst I take the point manager can install that too, we don't control the manager but we control ourselves. 

Support your team, cheer them on. Show unconditional support and get them to try to pass forward. Try to attack.... 

when i I hear the team booed off at 0-0 I feel ashamed. 

14 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

It because people like yourself simply can't see the difference between criticism towards the performance/tactics/playing style as opposed to the result itself.

Nobody is going to complain about winning 4 in the last 6. They are complaining about the utter dire performances in the last God knows how many games.

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

100% this. 

I was lucky enough to spend the summer in France watching the euros. I watched a variety of matches.... 

watching weeker teams olay with no fear and cheered on regardless over turn teams of superstars that were booed and hissed from kickoff for missing passes and shots. 

When a pass is missed you see good pros. Often applaud the effort not shout and scream.... confidence has a huge plight in how a team performs.

Whilst I take the point manager can install that too, we don't control the manager but we control ourselves. 

Support your team, cheer them on. Show unconditional support and get them to try to pass forward. Try to attack.... 

when i I hear the team booed off at 0-0 I feel ashamed. 

Spot on mate. We control what we do and we can play our part in giving the team confidence. This isn't just on the pitch. We can show Carlos and the players some respect on sites like this and other social media. Some of the abuse is beyond just expressing an opinion - which I accept everyone has a right to do. Sitting in a play off spot with 12 to go with a good team and some great players that has the potential to go up is really isn't the end of the world. 

16 hours ago, smithyswfc said:

It's not just about losing 2 matches, we create barely any chances, Carlos doesn't know his best team and it's nearly March we've been riding our luck for weeks playing badly and just scraping wins. I can't see us beating Norwich and then a couple of games after we have reading and I can't see us winning that either

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/6365/Stages/13832/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2016-2017

We have the 5th highest shots per game stat in the league.  So the whole "we don't create chances" thing is a myth.

Just not bothered...

9 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/6365/Stages/13832/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2016-2017

We have the 5th highest shots per game stat in the league.  So the whole "we don't create chances" thing is a myth.

Personally I've also had a problem with what the BBC, for example, actually call a shot

7 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

We live in an age where facts and experts are not valued. I've got to be honest, it's very scary!! 

We lose a game and it's cliche bingo. From we were out muscled, bullied etc straight through to only passing backwards and not creating any shots. 

I wonder If people saying half of it have the messages typed out before the games in wait. 

Now im not for one second saying we are playing great! But great play doesn't win matches all the time unless Wenger would have won more than ugly coaches like Mourinho or LVG.