That Fooking Towel!

BIG D

Please for the love of God, burn the flipping thing.

If we're going to take long throws then just wipe it on the shirt and throw it.

Huddersfield were clearly taking the pi55 with the towel and wasting time in the 2nd half and who could blame them?

We've hardly taken long throws all season and then all of a sudden we're getting Antonio to try and get it in the box from the technical area.

flipping bizarre.

We might have lost 3-1, but our ball was the cleanest in the Championship when we were taking our throw ins.

JUST THROW THE flipping THING! NO NEED TO POLISH IT FIRST!

The pitch wasn't wet, so why the need to clean the ball EVERY throw in? Anyone would think we were in the lead, with the amount of time we wasted cleaning it.

It is something of an annoyance admittedly. It was wet though, it was raining just before and during the second half wasn't it? But yeah, there shouldn't really be any need try the ball, just rub it on the shirt or throw it short. There was always a short throw on when we predictively launched it into the box every time.

The Hitchhikers Guide to Supporting SWFC has this to say on the subject of towels.

A towel, it says, is about the most MASSIVELY useful thing a throw-in taker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the right wing at Hillsborough; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble white touchline, inhaling the grassy vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the floodlights which shine so brightly on the luscious green pitch; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy River Don; wet it for use in post-match hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious defenders or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Beast the Fourth Official (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry your Matchball off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a fan (fan: fickle paying public) discovers that a throw-in taker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a spare shinpad, corner flag, soap, tin of energy bars, half-time flask, compass, map of Sheffield, ball of string, heat spray, wet weather gear, warmup suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the fan will then happily lend the throw-in taker any of these or a dozen other items that the throw-in taker might accidentally have "lost" during the game. What the fan will think is that any man who can throw the ball the length and breadth of the Hillsborough pitch, rough it, slum it, struggle out there against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."

Edited by mrgund

That towel song was reyt funny, and I'd have loved it if we'd took the mickey in the way they did.

Hate long throws. It reminds me of when Bromby used to take every single throw and try to ping it in the box only for Kuqi/Olsen/Soldtvedt or other name that makes me shudder bunge into a defender and conced possession. Keep the bugger short. Get it back to feet and whip a cross in. I even hate it when we score from em.

Huddersfield fans made me chuckle, "the towel is ours, the towel is ours, **** of Wednesday, the towel is ours"

lol

Glad you posted that because i heard it and "When the towel goes marchin in" But wondered if they was saying "Town" afterwards and i misheard.

10 mins constant singing about the towel..Brilliant stuff...It actually made my night. :biggrin:

Really who gives a poo poo, we have a shocking performance and all you have to talk about is the flipping towel

Get a grip

Irony.

Guest Ripley Owl

Please for the love of God, burn the flipping thing.

If we're going to take long throws then just wipe it on the shirt and throw it.

Huddersfield were clearly taking the pi55 with the towel and wasting time in the 2nd half and who could blame them?

We've hardly taken long throws all season and then all of a sudden we're getting Antonio to try and get it in the box from the technical area.

flipping bizarre.

Spot on, obviously taking the wee wee as you say, arseholes ! :mad: