Grauniad giving us some flak!

If the club is losing money then and we need to help the short fall... are we going to get free tickets if we go up and get 100 million? Probably not.

Its how you approach it though

The club has jumped from one type of ticketing policy that it can be argued didn't work. We may get the numbers but only if it was dirt cheap and even then it wasn't sustained. Instead we have a category pricing method of which anything above Category D is extortionate and risks alienating and excluding a high proportion of the natural fan base, with no evidence that there are sufficient higher disposable income families in the area to take their place.

Clearly DC or his advisors have financially modelled this and what they consider the end result will be. I just think they have possibly got their core assumptions wrong because they did insufficient research on the local market.

I actually think the mid way method would have been sensible. Make modest increases, but keep it simple and encourage the season ticket / membership route.

The feel good factor around the club could have been fantastic, i think overtime with success on the pitch you would have seen a sustained increase in attendances and with it revenue but without folk feeling ripped off

As i have said the potential revenue gain from the current pricing structure, even taking the positive of similar crowds might only account for 3 - 4% uplift in cash inflows overall

The downside risk is however huge if you end up alienating several thousand of our fan base who can"t justify paying top whack

Guest Deleted member

Why would the club tell you that?

Who feeds you special information?

Doesn't seem to be the DC style

Really??

How many transfers have come in that we didn't know about beforehand?

Guest Deleted member

Why would the club tell you that?

Who feeds you special information?

Doesn't seem to be the DC style

As you're on the admin team you might want to go look at the thread I posted when I heard what the match day pricing was going to be (long before it was announced) which had to be moved and hidden because of the abuse I got from the idiots who think I would make stuff like that (and the proposed pricing for Rotherham/Leeds, and the play off game) up

As you're on the admin team you might want to go look at the thread I posted when I heard what the match day pricing was going to be (long before it was announced) which had to be moved and hidden because of the abuse I got from the idiots who think I would make stuff like that (and the proposed pricing for Rotherham/Leeds, and the play off game) up

So cause I'm a mod I should go through old threads.

For the record I think you are making it up.

The club does not blab in public.

So why would they tell a random fan the prices so he can blab them on a forum?

I don't understand it.

Its how you approach it though

The club has jumped from one type of ticketing policy that it can be argued didn't work. We may get the numbers but only if it was dirt cheap and even then it wasn't sustained. Instead we have a category pricing method of which anything above Category D is extortionate and risks alienating and excluding a high proportion of the natural fan base, with no evidence that there are sufficient higher disposable income families in the area to take their place.

Clearly DC or his advisors have financially modelled this and what they consider the end result will be. I just think they have possibly got their core assumptions wrong because they did insufficient research on the local market.

I actually think the mid way method would have been sensible. Make modest increases, but keep it simple and encourage the season ticket / membership route.

The feel good factor around the club could have been fantastic, i think overtime with success on the pitch you would have seen a sustained increase in attendances and with it revenue but without folk feeling ripped off

As i have said the potential revenue gain from the current pricing structure, even taking the positive of similar crowds might only account for 3 - 4% uplift in cash inflows overall

The downside risk is however huge if you end up alienating several thousand of our fan base who can"t justify paying top whack

I agree.

Didn't have an issue with a hike (everything goes up), but a modest, sensible increase would have made so much more sense. 

It's a real gamble by the club and one that we may regret long term. 

I don't understand it.

He should just let Chansiri run the club without trying to look like some ITK'r - total P E N I S, bashing fans for using 'any stick to beat the club with' then bangs on about tickets for a month with kivo on here.

Get behind the club you talk so much about

Edited by parkerowl

He should just let Chansiri run the club without trying to look like some ITK'r - total P E N I S, bashing fans for using 'any stick to beat the club with' then bangs on about tickets for a month with kivo on here.

:laugh:

Guest Deleted member

I don't understand it.

Why ask if you don't like the answer?

lol

Really?

"Tickets at some Championship clubs have been described as “ridiculously expensive” after a Guardian survey found that adult prices this season will regularly surpass £35, with Sheffield Wednesday charging £52 for certain games."

Which of our games this season will be £52 then?

Should there be an A* game announced at all this season then an adult ticket on the south stand will be £52.

UTO

FTB

9million spent on transfers in 1 pre season thats not including loan fees and wages dare say we have not spent that much in the last 10 seasons combined

and all done out of the kindness of his heart.

im sure he will share out his profit with us once promotion is achieved.