My first game.

Guest sotonowl

Guest sotonowl

I'll be at the temple on boxing day (god willing) which will be exactly 51 years since my first game.

Boxing day 1963 we beat Bolton Wanderers 3-0 with 2 goals from Colin Dobson and 1 from Mark Pearson, attendance was 31,301 with me being the one.

Vic Buckingham was the manager who went on to manage Ajax (again) Barcelona, Seville and Olympiacos.

If you could let us know what and when your first game was we can make a good guesstimate on your age, I expect jto was sometime around 2010 which would make him around 12 years old.

Guest sotonowl

My first game was in 1967, 0 v 0 against Newcastle.

My second was also in 1967, a 7 v 0 win against Burnley. I stood on a seat in the South Stand and saw all the goals.

My older brother told me it wouldn't 'always be like this'.

I didn't believe him.

I was at that game, had a season ticket in the north, I think we beat Chelsea 6-1 same season as well with bobby tambling scoring the best goal of the game

I was at that game, had a season ticket in the north, I think we beat Chelsea 6-1 same season as well with bobby tambling scoring the best goal of the game

I got a nice picture of Bobby Tambling through Typhoon Tea. It was a right nice print too. A large one.

I don't know why it was Bobby Tambling, though. Probably my Mum chose it or no Wednesday players were available.

The sixties were great.

A Football Annual and a kit and a leather casey on Christmas Day.

Boo the Internet.

Guest sotonowl

I got a nice picture of Bobby Tambling through Typhoon Tea. It was a right nice print too. A large one.

I don't know why it was Bobby Tambling, though. Probably my Mum chose it or no Wednesday players were available.

The sixties were great.

A Football Annual and a kit and a leather casey on Christmas Day.

Boo the Internet.

Away from school they were the best days of my life.

My first game was when Wednesday played Kaiserslautern in the UEFA Cup on 4th November 1992.    This got me the bug.   I have no idea how many times I have watched Wednesday play.    As I used to go a lot with my Dad and his mate always on the Kop (non season ticket holder.  I do seem to remember when for a short period of time you were able to stand on the Kop.

The last time my Dad has watched Wednesday play was in 2001.     I have only been back watching them the last five or six years.