A message from the chairman

how?

how do you turn a 20k walk up on the final day of the season to a 5-10k bump in ST sales for the next 3 seasons?

You don't need me to answer that do you,?

how?

how do you turn a 20k walk up on the final day of the season to a 5-10k bump in ST sales for the next 3 seasons?

You don't need me to answer that do you,?

So why did 20,000 not use it as a springboard to buy season tickets then?

Some us knew the game Milan was up to since day 1. Buy the club on the cheap, few clever loan signings, clean the club up commercially and then sell up, making as much profit as possible, whilst spending as little as possible. It's only those daft enough not to have realised this, since day 1, that get the monk on. Those of us who twigged on, from day 1, have just enjoyed the ride, and not got disappointed when we didn't sign Neymar in the summer.

What happens if he doesn't sell - what's his strategy - keep investing as little as possible to keep our heads above water? It's catch 22 and I think most fans understand it, but unfortunately it does sell tickets and i'm not sure that flirting with relegation in this league is a 'ride' 

Maybe if we got more than 18,000 for home games, he might throw some more money at it. I don't blame the bloke. He's done his bit, and isn't getting anything back from the millions of Wednesday fans in the City.

what like last Saturday with a 20k crowd

What happens if he doesn't sell - what's his strategy - keep investing as little as possible to keep our heads above water? It's catch 22 and I think most fans understand it, but unfortunately it does sell tickets and i'm not sure that flirting with relegation in this league is a 'ride' 

every penny over that which he has already spent to date goes onto the asking price.

in the summer, seemingly the only buyer at the price (reported at £30 - 40m) was Hafiz Mammadov.

If the price goes up, he prices himself out of an already shitty market.

yes we would all like him to spend £xm to try and push to promotion by playoffs but its gambling with the future of the club which he has vowed not to do. i am glad he is not.

The bloke is 76. He's had enough. I'm sure he would sell if someone produced the money. Would you like him to give the club away?

My point is that some buffoons are expecting the bloke to pump millions in, when half the ground is empty. If it were me, I'd tell us to ballacks as well.

every penny over that which he has already spent to date goes onto the asking price.

in the summer, seemingly the only buyer at the price (reported at £30 - 40m) was Hafiz Mammadov.

If the price goes up, he prices himself out of an already shitty market.

yes we would all like him to spend £xm to try and push to promotion by playoffs but its gambling with the future of the club which he has vowed not to do. i am glad he is not.

So what's his strategy?

So what's his strategy?

maintain league and market presence spending money within managed budgets (no positive spend) whilst having his "team" find potential buyers/investors.

the latter is obviously taking more time than he would have liked. perhaps reflecting the fact we are not the great prospect/big club many/all of our fans think we are.

we have all heard MM hint at this; complaining about running costs of old stadiums vs new multi-purpose flatpacks, club losing £5m a year etc

not sure why so many are surprised or confused.

Edited by BC1867

The bloke is 76. He's had enough. I'm sure he would sell if someone produced the money. Would you like him to give the club away?

My point is that some buffoons are expecting the bloke to pump millions in, when half the ground is empty. If it were me, I'd tell us to ballacks as well.

speculate to accumulate pay peanuts get monkeys etc etc

monkeys don't put bums on seats or get results

but I suppose we could sell the club to an Azerbijanian business man and get cash in from a lucrative shirt sponsorship 

He knew that tho didn't he - its not like we had 40K streaming into Hillsborough before he took over. Apathy has never been well managed at Hillsborough - we seem to thrive best in extreme good or bad conditions, which i suppose is reflective of our history. Whilst i appreciated Watford's play on Saturday, I still despaired that they came to Hillsborough and bossed us. Not sure how long people can tolerate just making the numbers up with a gamble of falling into the pub league again.

Bang on.

He knew that tho didn't he - its not like we had 40K streaming into Hillsborough before he took over. Apathy has never been well managed at Hillsborough - we seem to thrive best in extreme good or bad conditions, which i suppose is reflective of our history. Whilst i appreciated Watford's play on Saturday, I still despaired that they came to Hillsborough and bossed us. Not sure how long people can tolerate just making the numbers up with a gamble of falling into the pub league again.

What is your strategy then?

So what's the answer?