Are Wednesday Missing a Trick?

Guest Av It Owl!!

Guest Av It Owl!!

I know Wednesday are not the most switched on club when it comes to commercial awareness but I can’t help thinking that there is one area that can easily bring in some funds that the club has not considered.  That is to have the stadium sponsored!  Many teams have already done this and I am not just talking about in the Premier League.  For example Huddersfield (John Smith’s Stadium), Brighton (Amex Stadium), Wigan (DW Stadium), Leicester City (King Power Stadium), Doncaster (Keepmoat Stadium), Derby (ipro Stadium) etc.  Hillsborough will always be known as Hillsborough to me but I am prepared to sacrifice the sign on the side of the stadium if that brings in funds to finance a new striker!!

Surely this is an avenue that MM should be looking at to boost the budget for next season otherwise we will be handing SG the same old small budget as previous seasons.  We need to build on this seasons success so we can push on next season instead of fight off relegation once again. 

'There's news coming in of a goal, over to Neil Mellor at The Sausage Cottage for a live update'

"Yeah its a goal for Wednesday Jeff

Corner swung in from the left, and it's headed in by Leon Best, he celebrates in front of the John McClure stand, 1-0"

Guest wilyfox

i don't think our stadium's name could be changed because of the disaster it will forever be associated with. the Burger King 96 wouldn't really be appropriate would it.

Guest waistline ye diddle

All the stadiums you mention are brand new, it doesn't work with old grounds as the fans refuse to use the new name and therefore sponsors aren't interested. Just look what happened with Newcastle, renames it after Sports Direct, everyone refuses to call it that and after no interest for a couple of months he decides it's a bad idea. You even say yourself you will always call it Hilsborough so why would a company be interested in the bad publicity negative fan reaction would bring?