Huddersfield 1-0 Birmingham

The best possible result is we win our last two games. No point looking behind us as any permutation, if we don't get points on the board, mean us going down. 

Get 6 points out of 6 - we stay up. 

23 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

The best possible result is we win our last two games. No point looking behind us as any permutation, if we don't get points on the board, mean us going down. 

Get 6 points out of 6 - we stay up. 

Exactly!

Win both our remaining games, we stay up, regardless of who wins in the Hudders v Brum game.

1 minute ago, Grizzly Bizzly said:

Can we be safe mathematically if we win today?

No because either Brum or Udders will be on at least 47pts, we would be on 50. Both of them though have better GD's (Udders only marginally).

So - Udders win and go to 47. We lose the last game and Udders win theirs then likely we are in trouble due to GD.

Ditto they draw Brum go to 47 with a much better GD.

Brum win and they go to 49.

Then there's Plymouth and Blackburn to take into account.

Hence my comment a couple up. We need to win both ours and then it doesn't matter. 

Just now, dannybgoode said:

No because either Brum or Udders will be on at least 47pts, we would be on 50. Both of them though have better GD's (Udders only marginally).

So - Udders win and go to 47. We lose the last game and Udders win theirs then likely we are in trouble due to GD.

Ditto they draw Brum go to 47 with a much better GD.

Brum win and they go to 49.

Then there's Plymouth and Blackburn to take into account.

Hence my comment a couple up. We need to win both ours and then it doesn't matter. 

Thanks. That's what I thought but it was blowing my tiny mind!

3 minutes ago, Grizzly Bizzly said:

Thanks. That's what I thought but it was blowing my tiny mind!

A draw for UddersvBrum or a win for Udders then Blackburn, Stoke and Plymouth to lose and us to win would give us the greatest number of options for staying safe next week - a draw would be enough and even a loss with enough of the other games going in our favour. 

And yes, I keep looking for ways a win today would be enough be it won't. Just like a chest of drawers 2mm wider than the gap you want then to go in just won't. Regardless of how many times you try 🤣

• Like 1