30k Season Tickets @ reasonable prices

I know it's not going to happen, but just a thought. 

Would the club not be better of as a whole to trying to push something like this? 

- Event staff hire always stable on numbers

- More fans, better atmosphere

- More fans, more food/drink sales

- Megastore sales

I remember Bradford did something some time back. sold a lot. 

But if you sell 20k at todays rate, rather than 30k @ reasoanble prices, surely the club can't be losing out or potentially even gaining in more ways than one.

And if he did (I know, he won't) do we have ability to sell 30k or near?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Wouldn't costs go up without being covered by the plan?  It's never resulted in success for Bradford but if a formula can be found then I'm all for it.

Of course costs will go up. 

But then you have 30k+ for a Tuesday night game against Plymouth.

The stewards numbers will be stable too, rather than going on week-to-week numbers. Surely effeciency there.

• Like 1

At really cheap prices (like what Bradford and Huddersfield did) many clubs could sell 30K season tickets including SWFC. However what you'll find it that people who live in the South coast who can only attend 10 matches per season will see it as cost effective to buy a season ticket.

So they'll be official sell outs with plenty of empty seats in the stadium.

So the aim should be to sell 24K season tickets, then there's some left for new fans.

Think the current early bird prices aren't too bad for Championship.

It's the blackmail bumping up the prices every weeks weeks if you don't renew.

So during Summer the prices have gone up to rip off levels.

Also why dont SWFC produce 2 lists, one for Championship and one for league 1.

So any renewers receive a rebate after the season ends with relegation.

Then people aren't gambling on the division.

Common sense really, treat your customers well with respect trying to encourage loyalty

Then season ticket numbers would easily increase.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheffsteel said:

At really cheap prices (like what Bradford and Huddersfield did) many clubs could sell 30K season tickets including SWFC. However what you'll find it that people who live in the South coast who can only attend 10 matches per season will see it as cost effective to buy a season ticket.

So they'll be official sell outs with plenty of empty seats in the stadium.

So the aim should be to sell 24K season tickets, then there's some left for new fans.

Think the current early bird prices aren't too bad for Championship.

It's the blackmail bumping up the prices every weeks weeks if you don't renew.

So during Summer the prices have gone up to rip off levels.

Also why dont SWFC produce 2 lists, one for Championship and one for league 1.

So any renewers receive a rebate after the season ends with relegation.

Then people aren't gambling on the division.

Common sense really, treat your customers well with respect trying to encourage loyalty

Then season ticket numbers would easily increase.

I don't really believe in them being cheap as such, but just reasonable. Have we not got the ability to even offer it at a huge discount to get the Kop full?

Could we not put it out next week at £15 per game? £18? 

As for current prices, I think they are ridic and you're right about the periods of sale. Said over and over, but it's mad to think what prices could be next season.

33 minutes ago, ex_retfordowl said:

We are going to have one of our highest average attendances since being relegated from the premier league. That would suggest Chansiri has got the pricing bang right in terms of supply and demand..... who would have thought🤔

That is exactly how he will see it as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrendOwl said:

I know it's not going to happen, but just a thought. 

Would the club not be better of as a whole to trying to push something like this? 

- Event staff hire always stable on numbers

- More fans, better atmosphere

- More fans, more food/drink sales

- Megastore sales

I remember Bradford did something some time back. sold a lot. 

But if you sell 20k at todays rate, rather than 30k @ reasoanble prices, surely the club can't be losing out or potentially even gaining in more ways than one.

And if he did (I know, he won't) do we have ability to sell 30k or near?

If something is made more  affordable to a wider group then you sell more.

It's this basic "cake and ale" supply and demand stuff that ******** doesn't understand about our fan base.

We ARE the club. He simply does not understand.

(:Chansiri: " yes he did just call me that")

We'd have to change the clubs fan charter that currently states that 15% of tickets must be made available to home supporters who are not season ticket holders.

Home capacity is around 29600 - so around 4400 would have to be held back for them - meaning only around 25200 could even be sold.

Showing once and for all DC's bizarre selling 30k season tickets statement was a load of rounduns.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

We'd have to change the clubs fan charter that currently states that 15% of tickets must be made available to home supporters who are not season ticket holders.

Home capacity is around 29600 - so around 4400 would have to be held back for them - meaning only around 25200 could even be sold.

Showing once and for all DC's bizarre selling 30k season tickets statement was a load of rounduns.

Was just about to post this.

Our owner said he’d sell season tickets for £400 each if we could guarantee 30,000. The stadium doesn’t hold 30,000 home fans (unless SAG allow us the Leppings Lane Lower, which isn’t always the case).

Factor in the League requirements for non-ST allowance, c.26,000 is the most season tickets we can currently sell. I reckon at £400 each, they’d be snapped up - the owner can then work out how to make any minimal shortfall elsewhere I’m sure.

7 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Was just about to post this.

Our owner said he’d sell season tickets for £400 each if we could guarantee 30,000. The stadium doesn’t hold 30,000 home fans (unless SAG allow us the Leppings Lane Lower, which isn’t always the case).

Factor in the League requirements for non-ST allowance, c.26,000 is the most season tickets we can currently sell. I reckon at £400 each, they’d be snapped up - the owner can then work out how to make any minimal shortfall elsewhere I’m sure.

I't all hot air though isn't it?

He didn't really mean it and I think supporters would snap his hands off at 400 notes - especially for the North and South Stand (South Stand will be £990 if the incremental price increases continue at the same rate until the new season kicks off).

Ok, so I've done some basics based on Chansiri's £400 pledge and tweaked it.

If it was possible to sell every home seat available in the stadium as a season ticket (it isn't -  29,619 is the maximum home seats in the three stands, then we need to remove the League allowance for non-season tickets - but for Chansiri's pledge I'll carry on anyway) at £400/ticket, we'd be looking at £11.85m.

However, if he made the Kop £250, North Stand £450, and South Stand £525 - all reasonable pricing IMO - that would generate £11.88m. I'd then make the Kop season tickets only, which will then allow (I think!) us to change whatever the heck we like for the away end as there is no match day comparative pricing for that view. This would generate more cash from the away supporters - but let's make it fair; those who rip off our traveling fans can have a taste of their own medicine, and those who don't, the offer is reciprocated.

We can then have the League requirement non season ticket prices - around 4,000 seats I believe - priced according to demand. So, rather than having c. 10,000 non season ticket seats we have now, we have less than half. Simple supply and demand can dictate these prices and then can actually justify £40/45/50 a seat (if they're going to sell out) - something that can't right now with thousands of empty seats in the stadium.

Just a thought - and it's basic stuff. And I think we'd sell the season tickets out.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you