Progression? Chansiri vs Mandaric

On 03/04/2024 at 21:57, Woodyowl450 said:

True but how was he to know that Chansiri was a complete and utter lunatic?. I don't think anyone would have imagined Chansiri being quite as bad as he's turned out.  

We he tried to sell to mamatov and had Azerbaijan on shirts for a year and that was clearly a dodgy one, arguably up there with some of DC embarrassing acts 

12 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

If anything, I'd say that the results we achieved in 15/16 and 16/17 were due to built-up momentum under Mandaric, and then when Chansiri's policies kicked in we started dropping.

I'd agree with that

The stats show it too

Owlstalk Shop

i would be over the blimming moon if someone like Mandaric bought the club off Chansiri.   

There was a time just before Chansiri where things went a bit stale, as Mandaric wanted to sell and Gray was getting those bore draws.   But i would happily take those days back again now.    

6 hours ago, Wynyard Owl said:

Our narcissistic owner is reluctant to relinquish the recognition Wednesday bring him
How many other Thai fishmongers have you heard of

You have only to look around to see how much he loves himself. From the shirts to the stands and beyond his name  appears writ large

Shirt sponsorship could bring in a  bob or two if properly dealt with

Without Wednesday, Chansiri would probably never have been heard of.   IMO he likes the fame the club brings him and whilst he is reluctant to spend  he is more reluctant to ‘Go Away’

He appears quite content to let things ride and slide much to the detriment of the Owls knowing that his unrealistic asking price is unlikely to be met

I've actually only ever heard of 1 other fishmonger, the big fella from Gaul, Unhygienix 🙂 

images (2).jpeg

• Haha 2

S h i t e  chairman's all of em,started watching Wednesday when Mcgee was in charge,to young to know owt then but,what I do know is every 1 after that have been s h i s t e r s.We deserved so much better........

And don't give me the MM crap either he was just in it for the money not all this Wednesday family crap....Remember land of fire,tells you everything...He'd have sold us to anybody......

UTO

• Love 2

Milan wasnt that great. Pitch was a joke, weren't games cancelled for frozen pipe work ? Under Grey we scored very few home goals one season 16 I think and winning 5 times at home all season and it was awful football. Then he nearly sold us to someone who would have ruined the club. Then he actually did sell us to the same sort of person