Golden balls

Burnsie

It's a good documentary. Worth a watch if you're into football or pop culture at the time, even the missus who hates football watched it. 

It's not really an insight though like others have been. Certainly not up to the standard of the Michael Jordan one. The best about that was a clear insight into what makes a winner.

This for me was too edited , managed, not sure of the term but didn't give you an insight into him other than his dad being a complete bellend living through his kid.

Watched it last night. It’s good, but I’m not sure I feel as sorry for Beckham as everyone else seems to be, and how the doc wants us to feel 

The backlash from France 98 was over the top, but he brought on most of the other issues himself, 

Edited by FreshOwl

It’s great 

Such a great era of football too 

Beckham comes across really well, such a mentally strong and classy individual. A bit that stood out for me was when he played against Simeone for the first time since the Argentina game. Not only did he swap shirts with him after the match, he framed it 

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Watched it last night. It’s good, but I’m not sure I feel as sorry for Beckham as everyone else seems to be, and how the doc wants us to feel 

The backlash from France 98 was over the top, but he brought on most of the other issues himself, 

He’s only human though, everyone makes mistakes. Luckily for us normal folk our mistakes go largely unnoticed 

11 minutes ago, Django said:

He’s only human though, everyone makes mistakes. Luckily for us normal folk our mistakes go largely unnoticed 

I mean the stuff with Fergie, when Fergie clearly laid out his rules and expectations and Beckham went against that. The moving to LA then moving straight back to Milan. People had every right to be narked at him, but the documentary gives the impression that he’s the victim. Even the bit about cheating on his missus was sort of painted that way 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I mean the stuff with Fergie, when Fergie clearly laid out his rules and expectations and Beckham went against that. The moving to LA then moving straight back to Milan. People had every right to be narked at him, but the documentary gives the impression that he’s the victim. Even the bit about cheating on his missus was sort of painted that way 

Oh I see 

I haven’t got that far yet. Did he admit to the affair? 

On 07/10/2023 at 13:56, FreshOwl said:

And had a go at Landon Donavan for breaking the rule of 'what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room' when he pretty much did exactly the same to Sir Alex