New Wembley

MSN SYSOP

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Always found Public Transport in London very good but when you see how much public money is spent on it compare to rest of the country its hardly surprising.

End of the day its our capital city, it absolutely should get a lot of investment. The crime has been other regions getting so little. 

I also think we should play much less England games at Wembley and take them around the country. Why does England vs Australia need to be played at Wembley? Plenty of big stadiums in the midlands or north that could take im sure. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Geedee said:

I am sure when the old Wembley was built it was fabulous for its day.

When I first went to wembley in the 80's it was very sad and dated.

I think the new stadium is fantastic.

Weird because it was only built in the 1920's, so was relatively young when it was knocked down. 

Quite clearly wasn't all that well maintained by the owner to say it was the national stadium, although I imagine the design of the stadium didn't exactly help. I guess in the 80's no football ground was in especially good shape relative to what we have now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Weird because it was only built in the 1920's, so was relatively young when it was knocked down. 

Quite clearly wasn't all that well maintained by the owner to say it was the national stadium, although I imagine the design of the stadium didn't exactly help. I guess in the 80's no football ground was in especially good shape relative to what we have now. 

I went on a ground tour of the old wembley in the 1990's , a memory was how small the media areas were. also the area behind the royal box was poor. 

Things move on those who yearn for the twin towers are really are looking back with nostalgia and as nice as that is , its just not reality.