Will Vaulks ‘Goal’

Forgive my ignorance,  but i really don't understand why linesmen don't just put the flag up when someone receives the ball and is offside.  Why are we playing on, letting a team score and then going, oh by the way lads, it was offside a few passes ago.  

I can understand when the ball is played forward and someone else may latch onto it, who is not stood off side.

But when Hunt gets the ball he is offside, so put the flag up. 

• Like 3

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

Forgive my ignorance,  but i really don't understand why linesmen don't just put the flag up when someone receives the ball and is offside.  Why are we playing on, letting a team score and then going, oh by the way lads, it was offside a few passes ago.  

I can understand when the ball is played forward and someone else may latch onto it, who is not stood off side.

Stupid Premier League VAR rules where you have to let the play carry on. 

Ruins the experience for fans who are afraid to celebrate goals in case it gets ruled out. Sucking the joy out of football. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

Simply VAR cant risk flagging and them not being offside so they have to wait until the current passage of play has ended.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ruins the experience for fans who are afraid to celebrate goals in case it gets ruled out. Sucking the joy out of football. 

I cracked my dads ribs for sake of VAR then lol

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

6 minutes ago, PGVR6 said:

Simply VAR cant risk flagging and them not being offside so they have to wait until the current passage of play has ended.

Thanks,  just really annoying.  Fortunately we scored again soon afterwards so all the celebrations weren't for nothing.  Being made to hug and kiss my missus once was enough, thank you linesman.  

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I was going bezerk. Felt like a right ********. 

Just watching it back, don’t have the VAR lines drawn but I personally think it looked onside. Was very close. 

Having just watched it back, he was a mile off (at the time I'd never even considered offside mind)