Napoli

23 hours ago, keefdave said:

I remember them coming to Hillsborough in the Anglo Italian Cup.

Me too.  We beat them 4-0 I think. In the summer, sat down on the Kop, went on Leppings Lane v Juventus. Only about 12,000 there.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2023 at 23:22, kenny said:

Great to see Napoli win the title - scenes art the Napoli stadium when they equalised tonight at Udinese 

I was actually staying in a small town near Naples the previous Sunday, when they played Salernitana at home. They could have won the title that day, and it's fair to say the locals came out to the town square in anticipation.

20230430_161432.jpg

20230430_165702.jpg

20230430_165734.jpg

20230430_165842.jpg

20230430_170131.jpg

• Like 1

They’ve been extremely fortunate. 9 times out of 10 the team at the top is never alone. They’ve been garbage the past 2 months. Typical Spalletti team - brilliant at the start then fade away as the season progresses, seen it with Roma too many times when he was there.  Napoli are lucky of other teams inconsistencies.

It’s been a freak season in Serie A - I’ve never seen so many of the top teams get beaten by the fodder at the foot of the table. One of the most competitive seasons in decades and easily the best league in Europe this year. 5 Italian teams still in Europe confirms this. 

• Thanks 1