New Rangers Manager

A lot of Rangers fans think he was the brains behind Gerrard’s league title win. I’m not convinced, and even if he was I think he is walking back into a pretty bad situation. He’s not going to get time to sort it either because they demand instant success.

Rangers are behind Celtic on and off the pitch, Celtic have a top top manager in Postecoglu, Rangers finances aren’t healthy at all even with last seasons European run, Ibrox is literally crumbling, and they need a huge overhaul of their squad.

The biggest most imminent concern is Rangers are going to get nothing or buttons from their ‘big name’ players in Morelos and Kent too. They’re both out of contract and don’t look like signing new deals. Colak has been a great signing but beyond him their next best players are loans. It’s a big job and getting them competitive for the league is going to take a miracle. I don’t think Beale will last.

3 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Knows the club well after spending 3 years there and a chance of European football with a massive club. Had he gone to Wolves he could've been back in the championship next season anyway.

I imagine that's exactly where he will be.

He's not going to overturn Celtic anytime soon.

If he'd got QPR up, his next job could have a Fulham or a Crystal Palace, now it'll be Rotherham or a Burton Albion.

11 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

A lot of Rangers fans think he was the brains behind Gerrard’s league title win. I’m not convinced, and even if he was I think he is walking back into a pretty bad situation. He’s not going to get time to sort it either because they demand instant success.

Rangers are behind Celtic on and off the pitch, Celtic have a top top manager in Postecoglu, Rangers finances aren’t healthy at all even with last seasons European run, Ibrox is literally crumbling, and they need a huge overhaul of their squad.

The biggest most imminent concern is Rangers are going to get nothing or buttons from their ‘big name’ players in Morelos and Kent too. They’re both out of contract and don’t look like signing new deals. Colak has been a great signing but beyond him their next best players are loans. It’s a big job and getting them competitive for the league is going to take a miracle. I don’t think Beale will last.

Morelos.... Has he done anything this season? or last?

Not seen much of him recently. But admittedly I don't really follow them all that much.  

This is the bloke who described Birmingham’s game with QPR as “their cup final”

His managerial career record is P21 W9 D4 L8.

He’ll improve that win ratio with Rangers, but it won’t take them anywhere near Celtic on the domestic front. 

2 hours ago, Skyline said:

Morelos.... Has he done anything this season? or last?

Not seen much of him recently. But admittedly I don't really follow them all that much.  

Not this season but I think that’s because he wants out and has already mentally checked out. Colak has also been a factor with the way he has come in and scored goals. It’s pretty clear that Morelos doesn’t want to be at Rangers and I think that has been the case for quite a while. Before this season he has always been 20 goals a season or thereabouts.

They were talking millions for him when he was banging them in and in Europe too. They’ll get buttons now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Not this season but I think that’s because he wants out and has already mentally checked out. Colak has also been a factor with the way he has come in and scored goals. It’s pretty clear that Morelos doesn’t want to be at Rangers and I think that has been the case for quite a while. Before this season he has always been 20 goals a season or thereabouts.

They were talking millions for him when he was banging them in and in Europe too. They’ll get buttons now

Be lucky if they get a bottle a pïss for him this season