Things I hate in modern football

On 06/09/2022 at 10:17, alanharper said:

Managers screaming and ranting in the face of the fourth official whenever anything goes against them.

What do they expect him to do, personally walk onto the pitch and overturn the ref's decision? Leave the poor bugger alone, he's there to hold up the numbers board not award free kicks just because you want one.

A few years back I was sat behind the dugouts at Hillsborough when we were playing Burnley. Sean Dyche was at it all game.

I can’t remember the players involved, but about 15 minutes in our right winger skipped past their full back and he scythed him down to prevent an overload.  Obvious yellow which was duly forthcoming.

Dyche got right up in the face of the 4th official and said “Right.  I expect every foul to be a yellow from now on”.

First off - it’s the ref you want to have a word with, not the poor sap on sub duty.

Second - fuuck right off you arrogant fuckknuckle.  If I’d been 4th official I’d have had the lairy cuunt removed from the stadium.

There’s not a single reason for a manager to speak to the 4th official.  Get ‘em sent off and fined and they’ll soon stop.

Ive started feeling sorry for the refs they get a right raw deal and yes I do find some of their decisions ridiculus but Ive started to think its lack of education in the rules of the game, they simply just get thrown in at the deep end

The one thing ive always been miffed with is how players gob off at them 5 minutes into the game, I can remember Martin (vs Wigan) saying something to him (Madely I think could be wrong though) and from then on he didnt give a foul in Martins favour for the rest of the match, the fans were livid but

If Martin said something insulting he got his just desserts in my opinion. Martin was a diving c*nt anyway (great when its working in your clubs favour) and the ref obviously knew this. 

Watching some south american football its disgusting what some of the refs have to put up with over there, herds of di ck heads surrounding him and gobbing off even getting in his face. No wonder hes relieved when he blows his final whistle. Its time we started teaching respect to refs its gone beyond disgraceful some of the bahaviour.

Switching to the pitchside camera when the winger gets close to the edge of the area (ok this has done my head in since Italia 90) all you see is the players arse and by the time the switch back to the main camera his cross has been blocked or he's lost the ball.

If I wanted to see that view I'd buy a ticket in the front row,

• Like 1