Things I hate in modern football

On 02/08/2022 at 22:27, TomtheOwl95 said:

To add to this as well, you had Klopp moaning last week about when the Community Shield was being held.

When in his world does he want it to be f*cking played?

Liverpool are what annoy me most about modern football. 

The first FOUR news stories on the sky sport app right now are about Liverpool.  FOUR.   As I said in a thread about the lionesses coverage - theirs is deserved.  The media love-in for Liverpool annoys me 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

The first FOUR news stories on the sky sport app right now are about Liverpool.  FOUR.   As I said in a thread about the lionesses coverage - theirs is deserved.  The media love-in for Liverpool annoys me 

Agree.

It was always there in the background but since Klopp went in it went into overdrive.

The constant needs for EVERYTHING to be about them within the fanbase winds me up as well.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I've said the same for years, there's always positive Liverpool stories on that app.

They never ever knock them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

I've said the same for years, there's always positive Liverpool stories on that app.

They never ever knock them.

The BBC spun them drawing at a Fulham yesterday as 'Nunez inspired fightback' 

Rather then tame and lackluster draw

• Like 2

Player in

Player out

Sky sports news now naming dates in American:

Sunday August 7th when it should be:

Sunday 7th August

Sky Sports News again with "dress down" Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday.

No suits just shīte jumpers.

• Like 1

Keepers being allowed to take a goal kick from either side of the box to speed up the game, has had the opposite effect and slows it down as if they are trying to slow the game down they always go the the furthest side of the 6 yard box.

Also keeper being allowed to play to CB in the box, for teams like City it's great but what happens is (again to waste time) keeper sets up to play to CB's, finally realises there is nothing on and then waves everytbody up field so he can go long. That's what he was going to do all along but he's just wasted 30 seconds on the pretence that Steveange were going to play out from the back like prime Barca

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Birstall Owl said:

Keepers being allowed to take a goal kick from either side of the box to speed up the game, has had the opposite effect and slows it down as if they are trying to slow the game down they always go the the furthest side of the 6 yard box.

Fully agree with this.

Also it's not like you can choose which side to take a corner from when attacking so I don't see why a keeper should be able to change which side they take a goal kick from.

• Like 2

Deciding to join in a song at the top of your lungs only for it to fade off immediately and leave you singing on your jacks. Very awkward. Always been the case of course but nowadays your Grandson can film it, and it's forever. And he's still laughing, little 5h1t.

• Haha 5

On 07/08/2022 at 19:13, Birstall Owl said:

That rule change came in thirty years ago though - it's not really all that modern.

On 02/08/2022 at 22:26, BridportOwl said:

The change to offside where the linesman waits for an eternity to put the flag up. At the game I went to tonight we all knew the bloke was offside, he plays on  and gets injured challenging the keeper. The linesman then slowly raises the flag. I would love to know why they have been told to do it.

I think the point is that, now we have VAR to look back at the passage of play, if the flag goes up incorrectly it'll stop the play and potentially prevent a legitimate goal. By allowing the attack to develop even if the assistant thinks it's offside, they won't be adversely affecting the passage of play. And you can't really blame the linesman for an injury occurring - the players have to be responsible for their own actions/movements on the pitch. In the moments of an attack the players often don't look for the flag first, and they don't always hear the whistle either.

In any case, they've actually altered the guidance to officials for this season, with the now flag only being delayed if the call is very tight or if there's an obvious goal-scoring opportunity.