Bannan - We will get promoted

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The club as a whole, and many of the supporters.

We have some decent individual players, but that's not enough to get us out of this division: we need a plan; a structure; a culture, for want of a better word.

We seem to be taking the Sunderland approach of thinking we're too big and too good for this league, and whilst ever that persists, we'll struggle to get promoted.

Bannan talking of winning promotion is all well and good, but what substance is behind it? What planning have we done? What structures are in place? What work had gone in to making that a reality?

Because as far as I can see, we're hoping that being Sheffield Wednesday and having Barry Bannan in our team will be enough.

Been far too blasé

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The club as a whole, and many of the supporters.

We have some decent individual players, but that's not enough to get us out of this division: we need a plan; a structure; a culture, for want of a better word.

We seem to be taking the Sunderland approach of thinking we're too big and too good for this league, and whilst ever that persists, we'll struggle to get promoted.

Bannan talking of winning promotion is all well and good, but what substance is behind it? What planning have we done? What structures are in place? What work had gone in to making that a reality?

Because as far as I can see, we're hoping that being Sheffield Wednesday and having Barry Bannan in our team will be enough.

BB might be,with DM with him based on BB taking all set pieces,corners and having so much of the ball,and i agree BB new contract would tend to imply 'The Club'(Chansiri?) agree with you,but i hardly think the majority opinion of Owlstalk is so......

Like i said a simple comparison to other local Clubs & the fact that they have left this Division,some on ore than one occasion,with a much limited budget& resources should be our aim,not the two thirds historically who havnt.

Its been clear to most who have critiqued our manager & 'style'? of play where the issues for our poor performances lay..,

To everyone it seems bar our manager.....

My summary of where our failure lay.....

Overestimating opponents and setting up to combat their 'strenths' not our own.

Insisting on 'playing it out' from the back.....silly football snobbery

Picking players & playing them out of position.

Not playing loan players at all,or often enough

Initially playing with a lone striker

Anyone care to disagree?..Its not the Division & its 'teams' that are hard to beat and get out of......

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

BB might be,with DM with him based on BB taking all set pieces,corners and having so much of the ball,and i agree BB new contract would tend to imply 'The Club'(Chansiri?) agree with you,but i hardly think the majority opinion of Owlstalk is so......

Like i said a simple comparison to other local Clubs & the fact that they have left this Division,some on ore than one occasion,with a much limited budget& resources should be our aim,not the two thirds historically who havnt.

Its been clear to most who have critiqued our manager & 'style'? of play where the issues for our poor performances lay..,

To everyone it seems bar our manager.....

My summary of where our failure lay.....

Overestimating opponents and setting up to combat their 'strenths' not our own.

Insisting on 'playing it out' from the back.....silly football snobbery

Picking players & playing them out of position.

Not playing loan players at all,or often enough

Initially playing with a lone striker

Anyone care to disagree?..Its not the Division & its 'teams' that are hard to beat and get out of......

I do disagree, and see it almost entirely from the opposite perspective, really.

I honestly believe that many of those things you've listed are a symptom of us underestimating our opponents and thinking that we can play out from the back, play players out of position, and basically get away with only half a plan.

In reality, we can't. There are plenty of well-drilled, savvy teams at this level who have it in then to make any game a real battle if given half a chance. 

And until that sinks in at all levels of our club, we'll remain in League One.

33 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I do disagree, and see it almost entirely from the opposite perspective, really.

I honestly believe that many of those things you've listed are a symptom of us underestimating our opponents and thinking that we can play out from the back, play players out of position, and basically get away with only half a plan.

In reality, we can't. There are plenty of well-drilled, savvy teams at this level who have it in then to make any game a real battle if given half a chance. 

And until that sinks in at all levels of our club, we'll remain in League One.

We're playing out from the back and tapping it about because we don't have a choice. 

Our strikers have been useless at hold up play all season and go for games at a time without winning an offensive header.

It's not that we're too good to play direct, it's that we're not good enough.

• Haha 1