Koeman sacked by Barcelona

Lost again last night making it 4 losses from the lat 6 games. Think he's been on the edge for some time and i don't think he was ever the man to take them forward during a time of belt tightening. 

Talks of Xavi being interviewed, although if i was him i'd probably steer clear for a few seasons as the club seems a mess.

19 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Lost again last night making it 4 losses from the lat 6 games. Think he's been on the edge for some time and i don't think he was ever the man to take them forward during a time of belt tightening. 

Talks of Xavi being interviewed, although if i was him i'd probably steer clear for a few seasons as the club seems a mess.

Koeman has been pretty awful. He was appointed under the previous president of the club and Laporta has been on the verge of sacking him ever since he took over. 

It has been a difficult job to take on at this time due to the way the Bartomeu let the finances spiral out of control. They are now a long way behind the elite of the Champions League and also adrift of Atletico and Real, even though the latter also has its financial issues.

They have only won 4 in 10 in the league though this season, they waved the white flag at home to Bayern in the Champions League group game, setting up to avoid a hammering rather than get a result and the played a full-back in attack at home to Real at the weekend.

If I were Xavi I would think long and hard about taking the job right now. The fan base in general will give him more time and they understand the state of the finances is having a huge impact but even so, when they have no hope of a Champions League challenge anytime soon and 3rd in La Liga is the best they can realistically aim for this season it is a tough time to take it on. 

Xavi confirmed.

Bad timing, imo.  The club/team is in the worst state it's been for years, not really the right time to be giving the job to a rookie manager who also happens to be a club legend, a status that can only be tarnished unless he happens to be a miracle worker. 

On 28/10/2021 at 18:02, Django said:

It’s sad what’s happening to them at the minute. I was at the Nou camp the other day when Madrid were in town and I haven’t heard of most of their side it was like a Barcelona b squad 

Nah, fizz them.

They tried to throw a coup to take over the governance of football rather than do anything to address their crippling financial issues.

• Like 1