Theo Corbeanu on the players performance against Plymouth

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans say players should come out and explain and apologise

Players come out and explain and apologise

Fans say 'heart it all before' etc etc

FFS

Players? Certainly Manager should offer an explanation as to why his systym isnt working,why he doesnt change it,or anticipate high press against it,......after last seasons debacle got to expect fans frustration...

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans say players should come out and explain and apologise

Players come out and explain and apologise

Fans say 'heart it all before' etc etc

FFS

You can guarantee that whenever we lose its because players 'don't care enough' or 'aren't trying' or something along those lines.

Give it a couple of weeks and people will be calling for a clear out. 

• Like 2

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

You can guarantee that whenever we lose its because players 'don't care enough' or 'aren't trying' or something along those lines.

Give it a couple of weeks and people will be calling for a clear out. 

Yep

"We need a proper clear aaaaaaht"

"get rid o t'lot of em"

Owlstalk Shop

40 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Yes I'm not saying they shouldn't do it. But if you're not careful you can make a rod for your own back. Especially if you don't perform.

Not at all

The two things are completely and totally unrelated

There's nothing (NOTHING) wrong with positive midweek videos and the club shouldn't be scared to do them in case it annoys fans who are going to be annoyed with anything and everything after a loss

e.g. if they stopped making the videos and lost a game then the same fans saying its the videos fault will come along blaming the colour of the kit, the coldness of the pies, or nuhiu and call for THOSE to be stopped too

It's a race to the bottom and our fans should be protecting stuff like the midweek videos from the 'moan about anything' mob who will try and hold up anything as the reason we lost or a reason to get angry at the team 

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Players? Certainly Manager should offer an explanation as to why his systym isnt working,why he doesnt change it,or anticipate high press against it,......after last seasons debacle got to expect fans frustration...

Think your expectations there are completely unrealistic

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep

"get rid o t'lot of em"

I think our good start over the first 4 games will come back to bite us. It raised expectations way above reality and made many think we would simply walk the league when that was never going to happen.

The reality is our squad is largely made up of unknown quantities and players who have had to drop down a level to find a club. 

Given the circumstances I think our recruitment was good but people have very much got carried away.

It will take time for the squad to gel and if we are in and around the playoffs at the business end of the season that will be a successful season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I think our good start over the first 4 games will come back to bite us. It raised expectations way above reality and made many think we would simply walk the league when that was never going to happen.

The reality is our squad is largely made up of unknown quantities and players who have had to drop down a level to find a club. 

Given the circumstances I think our recruitment was good but people have very much got carried away.

It will take time for the squad to gel and if we are in and around the playoffs at the business end of the season that will be a successful season.

Agree, I think fans should wait till at least 10 games before getting hysterical.

Results so far indicate a team in working progress, there will be ups and downs.

Edited by SwellOwl
:)

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep

"get rid o t'lot of em"

We just lost two on the trot,in the third tier and were outplayed,out worked,and out performed.....when would be a good time than to start saying,WTF is going on? lose 3? 4?...

The vast majority of comments i feel are just that fair comment,not hysteria,fans/pundits are expecting SWFC to be favourites for Promotion......

We wont get there playing like this,or with no response from the manager when things are not going our way,other than...more of the same....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Agree, I think fans should wait till at least 10 games before getting hysterical.

Results so far indicate a team in working progress, there will be ups and downs.

What many forget is that a few weeks ago people were talking about a relegation fight and whether we would even make it through the season.

Now everyone seems to expect automatic promotion because we have signed a few freebies.

As you say it will be a season of ups and downs and we will be a work in progress for some time to come.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, parajack said:

The vast majority of comments i feel are just that fair comment,not hysteria 

Really?

Let's just review just a few of the things the fans have said since yesterday's game/result

• The videos of players being positive midweek should be banned
  • The players shouldn't be having fun at our club
  • We should play 4-4-2 as only winners do that (despite Plymouth playing with 3 at the back yesterday when they beat us)
  • Darren Moore should be sacked
  • Darren Moore should have kept us up last season despite being in hospital with Covid and Pneumonia
  • We've signed too many players
  • We should be top of the league because Darren Moore had a full pre-season without all his players being at the club
  • It's Chansiri's fault we lost
  • We lost because we were playing in a pink shirt
  • We should be attacking the players on their social media and making them feel pain

That's just a few of them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

NO it wont,definitely not....in & around wont do,because nothing less than automatic promotion will see the Club go back into the Championship.

Rotherham did it,and we should accept nothing less,OR as fans see the potential damage a loss will do to both confidence,fan base, & reputational damage all round.

Club has to set its stall out to score more goals,and go out to win games it is currently losing...end of..

4 minutes ago, parajack said:

We wont get there playing like this,or with no response from the manager 

There was an interview with the manager where he apologised for the performance, said it was completely unacceptable, that he'd put it right and that hopefully it won't happen again

Would you prefer a crucifixion?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, parajack said:

NO it wont,definitely not....in & around wont do,because nothing less than automatic promotion will see the Club go back into the Championship.

Rotherham did it,and we should accept nothing less,OR as fans see the potential damage a loss will do to both confidence,fan base, & reputational damage all round.

Club has to set its stall out to score more goals,and go out to win games it is currently losing...end of..

And this of course is part of the problem.

The club is at the start of a rebuild and a new, more sustainable way of operating. 

But some fans demand immediate success. 6 games into the season and Moore is already getting pelters.

If we don't give Moore time to get things right we will just go back to the usual managerial merry go round with no long term planning. And the outcome will be sadly predictable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Apart from getting promoted via the playoffs

No mate i personally think that should not be the  where the Club should set its ambitions, Auto promotion should be the goal, play offs a poor consolation 'prize'..cos frankly theres little faith from me that we would achieve promotion through the play offs.

Look at our recent history of failure in them....Cause too much heartbreak among the fan base

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

No mate i personally think that should not be the  where the Club should set its ambitions, 

You can get promoted via the playoffs mate

Loads of clubs have done it

"nothing less than automatic promotion will see the Club go back into the Championship" is not true

You can go up via the playoffs

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

And this of course is part of the problem.

The club is at the start of a rebuild and a new, more sustainable way of operating. 

But some fans demand immediate success. 6 games into the season and Moore is already getting pelters.

If we don't give Moore time to get things right we will just go back to the usual managerial merry go round with no long term planning. And the outcome will be sadly predictable.

DM IS being given time,are you saying we are incapable with our current squad of doing what Rotherham have managed over 2 consecutive seasons? or WW did last Year ? I just dont want us to have to go through the play offs & play off finals like WW did..

We shouldnt be struggling and getting beaten like we have in the last 2 games,& i like others have simply Q DM tactics...