Theo Corbeanu on the players performance against Plymouth

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We might not struggle

We might win in a glorious victory

Stop being negative!

And if we lose then they might come out and do media and give reasons/explanations/apologies

That's basically how football works

Thats cleared that up then!

Not sure sometimes between negativity and unrealistic optimism 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But so would aiming for top spot and then not achieving that either?

lol

What a strange logic

No mate it wouldnt,top spot,or second top=instant return to the Championship with no further matchs to play,3rd top to 6th means playing other teams and a play off final,with no guarantee of returning.

thats why i say nothing less than automatic promotion should be our goal,and i have said why....

I simply dont trust the Club to deliver....would i want to reach the play offs if automatic promotion wasnt possible,YES ime a SWFC supporter....

21 minutes ago, parajack said:

Bigger issue for me,is that the manager could see us going nowhere ,but at half time,changed  nothing....just sent them out to do more of the same......no change in style,players or 'impact' subs to try to get back into the game.

Not just fans the pundits were equally puzzled....ime worried if it was me,i would have them play under pressure in training,maybe even two against one(defender)constantly being required to pass their way out of trouble,& create chances to score.

if they cant do it there,they wontbe able to do it in a match,& its time to think again.

I can maybe understand him trying not to change style and formation at the moment he's got a mass of new players getting used to us plying this way and adapting to a formation /tactics, that's new to a lot of them. So tinkering won't help. 

Though the lack of subs and changing maybe the dynamic or pace is a bit criminal. He needs to be more assertive, sub players that are struggling etc way earlier than he has been. 

7 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Heard it dozens of times before… “ we’re all angry, we need a reaction, we go again , we’ll work hard in training , the boys are all disappointed “ etc.

I suppose he’s got to say that but it’s water off a ducks back to me, it means very little.

I agree. Words are cheap.

Let’s see them put it right.

9 hours ago, WestBerksOwl said:

Part of the reason for the huge disappointment is that many of us had raised our expectations. We watched them beat a bunch of kids from Newcastle that made us look like Barca. Saturday's performance was a kick in the nuts for both the team and the fans, bringing everyone back to reality. Hopefully performances will improve and expectations adjusted.

Onwards and upwards . UTO 

How on earth has this post not got 200 agrees.

There's a huge amount of scrutiny on individual games and individual performances within a game. This is made possible by the easy availability of stats and the ease of discussion and comment on social media. There's also a demand for immediate response and analysis.

In the end this brings a rush to judgement that's not always helpful and a tendency not to be able to see the wood for the trees.....

Just saying.....

• Love 1

Just now, Rev Owl said:

There's a huge amount of scrutiny on individual games and individual performances within a game. This is made possible by the easy availability of stats and the ease of discussion and comment on social media. There's also a demand for immediate response and analysis.

In the end this brings a rush to judgement that's not always helpful and a tendency not to be able to see the wood for the trees.....

Just saying.....

My point exactly - well said

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop