Theo Corbeanu on the players performance against Plymouth

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can get promoted via the playoffs mate

Loads of clubs have done it

"nothing less than automatic promotion will see the Club go back into the Championship" is not true

You can go up via the playoffs

Yes i know,but the play offs (as we know) is littered with heartbreak & disappointment for the fans of all Clubs who dont achieve it

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes i know,but the play offs (as we know) is littered with heartbreak & disappointment for the fans of all Clubs who dont achieve it

So when you say automatic is the only way you're incorrect

Obviously saying you prefer to go up via automatics is normal and fine and I'd agree (I think we all would) but to try and say it's the only way is not true

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Really?

Let's just review just a few of the things the fans have said since yesterday's game/result

• The videos of players being positive midweek should be banned
  • The players shouldn't be having fun at our club
  • We should play 4-4-2 as only winners do that (despite Plymouth playing with 3 at the back yesterday when they beat us)
  • Darren Moore should be sacked
  • Darren Moore should have kept us up last season despite being in hospital with Covid and Pneumonia
  • We've signed too many players
  • We should be top of the league because Darren Moore had a full pre-season without all his players being at the club
  • It's Chansiri's fault we lost
  • We lost because we were playing in a pink shirt
  • We should be attacking the players on their social media and making them feel pain

That's just a few of them

Ha ha yeah your right,based on that evidence,the only one thats not there, is the third gunman on the grassy knoll' that killed Kennedy.....

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not at all

The two things are completely and totally unrelated

There's nothing (NOTHING) wrong with positive midweek videos and the club shouldn't be scared to do them in case it annoys fans who are going to be annoyed with anything and everything after a loss

e.g. if they stopped making the videos and lost a game then the same fans saying its the videos fault will come along blaming the colour of the kit, the coldness of the pies, or nuhiu and call for THOSE to be stopped too

It's a race to the bottom and our fans should be protecting stuff like the midweek videos from the 'moan about anything' mob who will try and hold up anything as the reason we lost or a reason to get angry at the team 

😂I didn't say there was anything wrong with these videos. But you've got to back them up if you put them out there otherwise you have a credibility issue.

Fans get angry with the team when they play like they did on Saturday firstly, I would suggest, not because of any social media content.

Stop apologising, start performing would be my advice.

• Like 1

So when you say automatic is the only way you're incorrect

Context mate,I just think the play offs on recent form,to use a suitable analogy would be 'A Bridge too Far' for both the manager,the team. AND the fans if the Final was reached,but promotion was not achieved.I never meant that it wasnt possible to get promotion from the Play offs,merely that it shouldnt be our Goal.

Automatic promotion should

2 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Stop apologising, start performing would be my advice.

No offence tho but that advice is utterly ridiculous

We play games, we win lose or draw them

If we lose like we did Saturday the manager comes out and apologises and the next match we try and perform better

"Stop apologising, start performing" it a meaningless phrase really 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No offence tho but that advice is utterly ridiculous

We play games, we win lose or draw them

If we lose like we did Saturday the manager comes out and apologises and the next match we try and perform better

"Stop apologising, start performing" it a meaningless phrase really 

No I don't agree with you there. I really don't want to hear any apologies any more.

The fans want the team to give 100% and try their best. On that basis most fans will accept that we are going to lose games.

The performance on Saturday was completely out of step with the vibe being projected by the club and therefore the expectation of the fans. The performance has created this disconnect.

• Like 1

Fair play for honesty, although there isn't a positive spin that anyone could put on that performance.  

I've watched Wednesday long enough not to get carried away with what is said, what happens on the pitch is more important. We all know what should happen on Saturday to start to put this right, however only the players that can affect that. 

30 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

What many forget is that a few weeks ago people were talking about a relegation fight and whether we would even make it through the season.

Now everyone seems to expect automatic promotion because we have signed a few freebies.

As you say it will be a season of ups and downs and we will be a work in progress for some time to come.

Totally agree with this. I can't believe how quickly things have turned toxic after we all felt so positive. Saturday was worrying but we've still got some really good players for this level. The team needs time to gel and find out the right formations and personnel to get results. Byers Bannan and Wing clearly doesn't work but we know that now (most of us thought it anyway) so hopefully won't see it again.  If we get better as the season progresses and end up in the play offs it will have been a great turnaround from where we were. There's still a long way to go. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

The performance on Saturday was completely out of step with the vibe being projected by the club and therefore the expectation of the fans. The performance has created this disconnect.

Correct, hence why some people are angry. 

Players have spoken about us winning this league, which shows a confidence in the camp and then come the videos of a happy, relaxed environment, followed by a dreadful performance. 

I personally don't mind the training vids etc, but when we then fail to perform and get well beaten 3-0, I'm not surprised that fans voice their opinions on platforms like this.

I hope the players are genuinely embarrassed by that performance and it gives them an early wake up call that we're not gonna coast through this season and that we need to start battling these games out. 

UTO

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

No I don't agree with you there. I really don't want to hear any apologies any more. 

You don't have to - just don't read/watch them

Doesn't mean they should be stopped

Same with the midweek videos - a few crybabies don't like them but most fans do so they should continue

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

I personally don't mind the training vids etc, but when we then fail to perform and get well beaten 3-0, I'm not surprised that fans voice their opinions on platforms like this. 

It's one thing voicing opinions about the performance

It's a whole other level of stupid to try and connect the level of performance with a midweek video of Barry Bannan smiling tho

The videos aren't the issue here and never have been

Owlstalk Shop

What a weird thread.

there are effectively arguments here that talking positively and doing happy social media stuff should only be done if there is the guarantee of a win and good performance.

That is truly bizarre when you stop and think about it.  As far as I can recall in my entire lifetime, in all leagues, only one team - arsenal- has been undefeated all season. So under the argument above no one should do any kind of positive messaging or media.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans say players should come out and explain and apologise

Players come out and explain and apologise

Fans say 'heard it all before' etc etc

FFS

“Fans say players should come out and explain and apologise “…. Gosh, that’s news to me. I don’t think that I’ve ever heard any fans demanding apologies and explanations from players.

Having said that I would like Almen Abdi to explain and apologise for his long term abdication of duties  but I’m not interested in soundbites from players the day after they surrendered…it’s too raw and too frequent.

A bit odd he came out and gave the apology, as he didn't have a bad game himself - would've made more sense if somebody like Palmer, who had the worst half I've ever seen, was fronted out to the media. You expect a lot more from your senior pros.

Others have said otherwise re his starting lineup and tactics and lack of substitutions 

I didn't realise Theo Corbeanu picked the team and chose the substitutions.

I have no desire to make people hate Palmer - he manages that himself. It was clear from the crowd on Saturday what they think of him. Its up to him if he wants to work hard to redeem his position - for the good of the club I hope he does. He was utterly unprofessional on Saturday. It was that bad.