Theo Corbeanu on the players performance against Plymouth

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

You can get promoted via the playoffs mate

Loads of clubs have done it

I certainly have very fond memories of 04/05 season.

Watched season review a few months back and there were some poor results and some poor runs along the way.

Even the final itself wasnt straightforward!

• Like 1

We need to prepare for games much better, we have to be on form every game if we want a sniff of promotion.Furthermore DM needs to be quicker in changing things, when things are clearly not working. He was too late on Saturday and game was over by the time he changed things. Its going to be a long season and will be even longer if we don't show the right attitude.

Part of the reason for the huge disappointment is that many of us had raised our expectations. We watched them beat a bunch of kids from Newcastle that made us look like Barca. Saturday's performance was a kick in the nuts for both the team and the fans, bringing everyone back to reality. Hopefully performances will improve and expectations adjusted.

Onwards and upwards . UTO 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They're not made for YOU specifically so you can rest easy knowing you don't have to watch/read them

So, don’t comment on anything that irritates, excites, enthuses , puzzles you as it wasn’t directed exclusively to me. Got it. I’m resting easy now.

Just now, scilly owl said:

So, don’t comment on anything that irritates, excites, enthuses , puzzles you as it wasn’t directed exclusively to me. Got it. I’m resting easy now.

No - not at all

You can comment on it as much as you like - so can everyone else

But let's not be calling for an end to them just because you personally don't really like it 

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, parajack said:

DM IS being given time,are you saying we are incapable with our current squad of doing what Rotherham have managed over 2 consecutive seasons? or WW did last Year ? I just dont want us to have to go through the play offs & play off finals like WW did..

We shouldnt be struggling and getting beaten like we have in the last 2 games,& i like others have simply Q DM tactics...

To be fair the morecambe loss can be chalked of as just one of those games where you could play till Christmas and it just won't go In. We were the better side battered them at times  and created plenty of chances to win it. 

The Plymouth one is the problem, we were awful couldn't defend didn't create hardly anything, looked lethargic and devoid of any endeavor going forward until late on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Derby owl
2 hours ago, TbagMcgraw said:

DM said the same thing 'we're sorry we didn't get the 3 points', but the fans who travelled there would have accepted zero points, as long as the players put a shift in and showed some fight...they didn't!

It's beginning to sound like last season!

We want the players to give 110%.

Last season, 3rd at Christmas, 6 point deduction..relegated!

This season top of the league, lose two games (6 points lost)..mid table, whats coming next?

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I remember the last time we got promoted from this division going to Stevenage and losing 5-1. At the end of the season I remember thinking that was our most important result of the season as it was a bit of a wake up call to the players and our results and performances picked up after the match.

I’m hoping Saturday was our “Stevenage moment”.

Isn’t it a sad indictment of the level the club is now at that the words “Stevenage moment “ even mean something... jeez... oh for the days of an Old Trafford debacle!! Or an Anfield capitulation!! Mind you we could have an Accrington Annihilation 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SiJ said:

Why is the young kid on loan the one doing post match interviews? 

Where are the senior players stepping up? Or did they only die that when things are going well?

To be fair the same old senior players usually do everything
It's good to see a fresh face do it for a change

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans say players should come out and explain and apologise

Players come out and explain and apologise

Fans say 'heard it all before' etc etc

FFS

I'd rather they just put in a performace and the effort, than have to come out and apologise 

1 minute ago, Stu said:

I'd rather they just put in a performace and the effort, than have to come out and apologise 

Think we all would agree witih that Stu!

But sometimes we don't perform and might lose a game
And when we lose a game in that manner than an apology usually comes

And an apology is usually demanded by our fans

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

You can guarantee that whenever we lose its because players 'don't care enough' or 'aren't trying' or something along those lines.

Give it a couple of weeks and people will be calling for a clear out. 

Unlike the recent Morcombe game where we played well but narrowly lost..

So no.. you can't guarantee that everytime we lose the players get the blame.

I'm surprised you don't remember that nobody blamed the players. It was very recent.

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Unlike the recent Morcombe game where we played well but narrowly lost..

So no.. you can't guarantee that everytime we lose the players get the blame.

I'm surprised you don't remember that nobody blamed the players. It was very recent.

This may have been true immediately after the morecambe game.

But since the Plymouth result lots of people have been criticising the players for both defeats.

It's a kind of wierd revisionist approach to add more weight to their general negativity I think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

But since the Plymouth result lots of people have been criticising the players for both defeats.

It's a kind of wierd revisionist approach to add more weight to their general negativity I think. 

Big time

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

I think it's a reflection of two very different performances.

People can stand a loss if the performance is there.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair the same old senior players usually do everything
It's good to see a fresh face do it for a change

Perhaps but I feel like a senior player should be doing this after a whooping.

10 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I think it's a reflection of two very different performances.

People can stand a loss if the performance is there.

This.

Morecambe was a bit smash and grab.

This was a horror display and result after a two week break.