Theo Corbeanu on the players performance against Plymouth

My opinion for what its worth.

The impression is that the hype so far has done the team no favours. In respect we think we are better than most of the other teams.

When your'e a big club this is a horrible league to get out of as proved in all our other previous attempts, irrelevant of how far back that was. We should know from previous experience nothing less than 100% every single game will do.

Every team is looking to own the Wednesday scalp, its their club's two cup finals. 

Unless we become fully focused and 100% commited every game Saturday will become a repeat scoreline.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

The impression is that the hype so far has done the team no favours. In respect we think we are better than most of the other teams.

When your'e a big club this is a horrible league to get out of as proved in all our other previous attempts, irrelevant of how far back that was. We should know from previous experience nothing less than 100% every single game will do.

Every team is looking to own the Wednesday scalp, its their club's two cup finals. 

Unless we become fully focused and 100% commited every game Saturday will become a repeat scoreline.

That's all down to the individual fan though and their ability to show restraint

When I watch the feelgood videos midweek it makes me happy, ambitious, excited for the next game

It doesn't mean I lose all ability to think for myself and get programmed to believe that we can only win and no other result will happen

The videos themselves are totally fine and don't affect results

The individuals ability to see the feelgood videos for what they are is the only thing that should be questioned

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's all down to the individual fan though and their ability to show restraint

When I watch the feelgood videos midweek it makes me happy, ambitious, excited for the next game

It doesn't mean I lose all ability to think for myself and get programmed to believe that we can only win and no other result will happen

I was talking specifically about the players mental approach to games. The fans hype can have an adverse effect on their commitment and focus on matchday by convincing them next game all we have to do is turn up.

3 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

I was talking specifically about the players mental approach to games. The fans hype can have an adverse effect on their commitment and focus on matchday by convincing them next game all we have to do is turn up.

Do you think that happens though?
Our fans watch a video of Barry Bannan smiling on Wednesday and then convince the players they don't need to try between seeing the video and the match?

How do other clubs succeed when they have social media clips of their players smiling and being positive?

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

For what it is worth I really don’t see that Wednesday scalp and two cup final thing in the slightest. I have seen lots of league 1 football over last few years.  Teams are limited and committed in virtually every match be it against gillingham or Sunderland.   Like the last two times down here, I suspect it will take us a season to get into the groove again.

• Love 1

Very mature response from such a young lad who's only here on loan. He could quite easily shirk such a responsibility knowing the senior pro's have expectations their shoulders and he's only here for a season.

I think that also says a lot about the dressing room atmosphere too.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans say players should come out and explain and apologise

Players come out and explain and apologise

Fans say 'heard it all before' etc etc

FFS

Not me or people on here! 

Not seen one poster asking for an explanation from the players!

Unless it's the ones people say you keep deleting?

SHOW US THE MONEY,

Or I'm calling fibbs, etc etc.

4 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Not me or people on here! 

Not seen one poster asking for an explanation from the players!

On 11/09/2021 at 16:37, WalthamOwl said:

Hope Moore and the players have the decency to apologise to the fans after this. 

Can't be arsed to give you any more of my time to post more of them to continue to prove you wrong as your trolling isn't worth responding to but thought I'd just bury you with the facts here mate

Have a good day

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Heard it dozens of times before… “ we’re all angry, we need a reaction, we go again , we’ll work hard in training , the boys are all disappointed “ etc.

I suppose he’s got to say that but it’s water off a ducks back to me, it means very little.

Absolutely...heard it time after time.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

When we struggle on Saturday, what will they trot out then?

1 minute ago, Andy W said:

Absolutely...heard it time after time.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

When we struggle on Saturday, what will they trot out then?

We might not struggle

We might win in a glorious victory

Stop being negative!

And if we lose then they might come out and do media and give reasons/explanations/apologies

That's basically how football works

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

To be fair the morecambe loss can be chalked of as just one of those games where you could play till Christmas and it just won't go In. We were the better side battered them at times  and created plenty of chances to win it. 

The Plymouth one is the problem, we were awful couldn't defend didn't create hardly anything, looked lethargic and devoid of any endeavor going forward until late on. 

Bigger issue for me,is that the manager could see us going nowhere ,but at half time,changed  nothing....just sent them out to do more of the same......no change in style,players or 'impact' subs to try to get back into the game.

Not just fans the pundits were equally puzzled....ime worried if it was me,i would have them play under pressure in training,maybe even two against one(defender)constantly being required to pass their way out of trouble,& create chances to score.

if they cant do it there,they wontbe able to do it in a match,& its time to think again.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

No - not at all

You can comment on it as much as you like - so can everyone else

But let's not be calling for an end to them just because you personally don't really like it 

You’ve lost me there friend. Where or when did I call for an end to anything ?!

I simply posted that it’s water off a ducks back to me.

Anyway , I’m not going to comment anymore as it will be deemed “ridiculous “. Instead I’m going to follow your instructions to “ rest easy “ as I’m finding it a very calming strategy and I thank you for the advice.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You can get promoted via the playoffs mate

Loads of clubs have done it

So when you say automatic is the only way you're incorrect

Obviously saying you prefer to go up via automatics is normal and fine and I'd agree (I think we all would) but to try and say it's the only way is not true

? Mate the purpose of the play offs,is to to provide a route to promotion.......not sure what we are disagreeing about,!!!However its a journey i dont want....Simply dont trust our Club to be able to deliver TBH...

I dont think we should aim for a play off place as a yardstick of season 'success'...

From past experience it will lead to more heartbreak for the fans,thats all ime saying..IF its not achieved...

Just now, parajack said:

? Mate the purpose of the play offs,is to to provide a route to promotion.......not sure what we are disagreeing about,!!!However its a journey i dont want....Simply dont trust our Club to be able to deliver TBH...

I dont think we should aim for a play off place as a yardstick of season 'success'...

From past experience it will lead to more heartbreak for the fans,thats all ime saying..IF its not achieved...

So would aiming for top spot and not achieving that either?

lol

What a strange logic

Owlstalk Shop