91 - The inside story of Sheffield Wednesday's 1990/91 Season

91 - The Inside Story Of Sheffield Wednesday's 1990/91 Season

Its here!

I've had a few copies dropped through the letterbox and am so excited I put on my white Nike strap on my Apple Watch to take this photo of it 

91 - The Inside Story Of Sheffield Wednesday's 1990/91 Season
The INSIDE story of the 1990/91 season, told by those who were right there at the heart of it from players to physios and of course Big Ron himself who managed the success of the team (before Trevor Francis took over and ruined our club)

This book has all the stories and they're not just the ones you have heard a million times on the circuit either - these are interviews with Alex Miller, one of our favourite sports writers currently plying his trade at Sheffield Star and (along with Joe Crann) working hard to change the perception of local writers.

This book covers the season, the high's, the lows and the scandals and the success.

These are the memories, the stories and the tales of those who actually created this amazing success at Sheffield Wednesday and I can't recommend it enough

Every Wednesday fan should have one - even if you were too young at the time to see it yourself, the stories are legendary, the players are legendary and let's face it we all need some happy stories in our lives right now right?

Get yours delivered to your letterbox too  https://www.verticaleditions.com/shop/91-The-inside-story-of-Sheffield-Wednesdays-historic-1990-91-season-Pre-order-p268281909

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, MarvelOwls said:

Got mine delivered last week.

Really interesting. Takes me right back. Not wanting to rush through it as it's really well put together.

Some things I've got so far

David Hirst would have gone for 100 million in todays market.

I'm not sure why I didnt rate Paul Williams as much as I should have.

Ron Atkinson galvanised that team but god I miss characters in the game and that team was full of them.

Trevor Francis was a bit of a knob.

I'd recommend it to everybody

Think Williams had some critics as he wasn't as clinical as Hirst, looking back not many were. We were blessed to have two strikers like them.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

History shows otherwise

History factually informs us that we had the highest place finish for 30 years with him in charge.

Pleat was the only manager in the next 5 PL years to get anywhere near when we finished 7th in 1997.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Who were the others?

Francis wasn't interested and Pearson was also too busy. Annoyingly I spoke to him a couple of weeks post-deadline when he came up with Bristol City.

Plenty of insight on all three of them in there, though. Whole chapters - more or less - on all three.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Christ havent we been tortured enough this season without reliving THAT nightmare of destruction?

I suppose it could have the exciting element of a disaster movie to it.

Starts off well, everyone having a great time but then the captain spots something on the horizon around 93/94........

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

I suppose it could have the exciting element of a disaster movie to it.

Starts off well, everyone having a great time but then the captain spots something on the horizon around 93/94........

lol

Owlstalk Shop

On 07/05/2021 at 19:48, Big Rons Hairspray said:

I wonder if he would have been more interested if the book focused on his time as manager? @Toadie What do you think?

He doesn't do much media anymore, mate.

He lost his wife a couple of years ago and have stepped back from football, which seems fair enough.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Got mine today thru door.....

BUT my 6 mth old GSD got to it 1st,its the 1st thing she has ever chewed up ever,so Im guessing shes feeling my pain after Saturday and it was a sympathy act...

16207496742387644864482332648682.jpg

OH my word!! ha ha!!

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop