91 - The inside story of Sheffield Wednesday's 1990/91 Season

IMG_9588.jpeg

91 - The Inside Story Of Sheffield Wednesday's 1990/91 Season

Its here!

I've had a few copies dropped through the letterbox and am so excited I put on my white Nike strap on my Apple Watch to take this photo of it 🤣

91 - The Inside Story Of Sheffield Wednesday's 1990/91 Season
The INSIDE story of the 1990/91 season, told by those who were right there at the heart of it from players to physios and of course Big Ron himself who managed the success of the team (before Trevor Francis took over and ruined our club)

This book has all the stories and they're not just the ones you have heard a million times on the circuit either - these are interviews with Alex Miller, one of our favourite sports writers currently plying his trade at Sheffield Star and (along with Joe Crann) working hard to change the perception of local writers.

This book covers the season, the high's, the lows and the scandals and the success.

These are the memories, the stories and the tales of those who actually created this amazing success at Sheffield Wednesday and I can't recommend it enough

Every Wednesday fan should have one - even if you were too young at the time to see it yourself, the stories are legendary, the players are legendary and let's face it we all need some happy stories in our lives right now right?

Get yours delivered to your letterbox too 👉 https://www.verticaleditions.com/shop/91-The-inside-story-of-Sheffield-Wednesdays-historic-1990-91-season-Pre-order-p268281909

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Here's the official blurb

"Sheffield Wednesday were relegated to the second division of English football for the first time in six seasons. Ron Atkinson's talented squad - blessed with the likes of David Hirst, Carlton Palmer, Roland Nilsson and John Sheridan - could go one of two ways; stick together or fall apart. A year later they were back in the big time and holders of the League Cup having beaten Sir Alex Ferguson's Manchester United at Wembley"

"The collection of huge characters formed one of the most iconic sides in the club's rich history. For the very first time, '91 tells the inside story of that incredible season from those that were there; from changing ground crisis talks to terrific goals, laughs, tears and beers on the open-top bus."

Here's my blurb

"It's ace! Just stop reading this thread now and get yours ordered ASAP ffs"

Get yours delivered to your letterbox too  https://www.verticaleditions.com/shop/91-The-inside-story-of-Sheffield-Wednesdays-historic-1990-91-season-Pre-order-p268281909

Ps - I'm not sponsored to recommend this book. I'm not making any commission, money, profit, affiliate earnings from it - I've posted about it because it's really great and you should get a copy either for yourself, or for any Wednesday fan you know as a gift maybe!

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Mine arrived last week.  Only read big Ron’s foreword so far as I’m half way through a book. 

lookin forrad to getting started.  

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, malek said:

Ordered it Yesterday and can't wait for book to arive. 

Anyone knows if there is interview with John Sheridan in it? 

Hi Malek - thanks for ordering.. hope you enjoy!

Shez was one of three players that season I didn't get to speak to - he was apologetic but things are Swindon were just too hectic while I was at the interview stage - but there is plenty of insight from him in there taken from elsewhere and LOTS of what his teammates said about him..

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Toadie said:

Hi Malek - thanks for ordering.. hope you enjoy!

Shez was one of three players that season I didn't get to speak to - he was apologetic but things are Swindon were just too hectic while I was at the interview stage - but there is plenty of insight from him in there taken from elsewhere and LOTS of what his teammates said about him..

Cheers!

Thx a lot on your quick and very kind response dear Alex. I'm sure that I will greatly enjoy your book. Glad that although he couldn't oblige John went apologetic about it. Cheers and hope book sells great. 

• Like 1

Got mine and read it already. I was 19/20 at the time and looking back now consider myself very fortunate to have followed such a team.

At the time you hear stories of how much the players were out on the sauce  but some of the accounts in the book are unbelievable. 48 hrs before the League Cup final and the players are getting smashed!

What the book does hit home was how much the club was ‘as one’ for a few years from the apprentices through the reserves to the first team. It couldn’t be further from the current set up!

• Love 1

I've  ordered mine. Supposedly being delivered tomorrow.

Will be great to relive what was a fabulous season in our history, and will give me something happy to look back on if all goes as I think it will on Saturday.

If only the current crop of players (and owners/"advisors") would read it they'd know what this club is capable of.

• Like 1

Got mine this morning from Waterstones, saved on the shipping cost and got some fresh are and exercise in the process. 👌 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Got mine this morning from Waterstones, saved on the shipping cost and got some fresh are and exercise in the process. 👌 

No way I'm walking from Hillsborough to Waterstones for it

I'd need a bottle of water and some lucozade to recover from that traumatic walk - so I'd end up spending more than i would just letting postman bring it to me

lol

Owlstalk Shop

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No way I'm walking from Hillsborough to Waterstones for it

I'd need a bottle of water and some lucozade to recover from that traumatic walk - so I'd end up spending more than i would just letting postman bring it to me

lol

Made me chuckle that.

Someone on here recently said that the city centre has loads of free parking and easily accessible though so you could cut down on the amount of walking..........

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Made me chuckle that.

Someone on here recently said that the city centre has loads of free parking and easily accessible though so you could cut down on the amount of walking..........

Ohhh you're GOOD

lol

Owlstalk Shop