SWFC Supporters' Trust Reports on Ticketing and Refunds

2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

And do you know what was the financial outcome in that 6k uplift? Less than £800k a season.

Their crowds dropped back again to 20k last season, so they’ll soon have less income from having more fans than in 2015.

Back to us, do you think keeping our ticket prices among the highest in the division while the standard and investment in the team has been in decline for the last 3 years is justified? 

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I'd like to here more from the trust on what they consider to be a reasonable proposal (In graph form) of the elasticity of pricing structure compared with expected attendances with regard to the pricing. 

Also consider in that equation 'Loss leaders' on season tickets v fan spending on food, drink and merchandise and not forgetting to include Monday to Friday losses on merchandise if match day spend increases.

We were a season ticket family of 8 which has been reduced to 6. Two adult female members have given up not on the pricing issue but rather due to an increasing amount of vitriol espoused by an increasing number of fans who find it extremely difficult to understand that results and performances are not under guarantee !     

2 people who were interested enough to buy season tickets stopped buying tickets because some fans had a different opinion to them? 

6 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Its an interesting read but it'd be better if it were stripped of the commentary that makes it sounds like an opinion piece with a clear bias. Let the facts speak for themselves and people form their own opinions rather than pushing an agenda in what should be a factual statement.

It is a fans group voicing their opinion in relation to the facts they have presented. What is the agenda? 

8 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I'd like to here more from the trust on what they consider to be a reasonable proposal (In graph form) of the elasticity of pricing structure compared with expected attendances with regard to the pricing. 

Also consider in that equation 'Loss leaders' on season tickets v fan spending on food, drink and merchandise and not forgetting to include Monday to Friday losses on merchandise if match day spend increases.

We were a season ticket family of 8 which has been reduced to 6. Two adult female members have given up not on the pricing issue but rather due to an increasing amount of vitriol espoused by an increasing number of fans who find it extremely difficult to understand that results and performances are not under guarantee !     

Do you mean the stuff they hear at matches Nev?

eg our fans getting all angrymad during games?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Mcguigan
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Back to us, do you think keeping our ticket prices among the highest in the division while the standard and investment in the team has been in decline for the last 3 years is justified? 

How can we have investments in the team when our wage bill is 164% of our turnover.

Until than % improves, which hopefully will be very soon, we can’t afford to drop ticket prices and ultimately Matchday revenue.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

They might not like the vitriol bit... just saying.

So they enjoyed watching Wednesday so much that they regularly bought season tickets but rather than the prices or the quality on offer, it was the voices of a few fans near them that stopped them doing something they enjoyed so much? 

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

How can we have investments in the team when our wage bill is 164% of our turnover.

Until than % improves, which hopefully will be very soon, we can’t afford to drop ticket prices and ultimately Matchday revenue.

The fact that our wage bill is so high is 100% down to those who run the club and they are charging the fans a high price with a low return for their mismanagement. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So they enjoyed watching Wednesday so much that they regularly bought season tickets but rather than the prices or the quality on offer, it was the voices of a few fans near them that stopped them doing something they enjoyed so much? 

Which is fair enough if you’ve got idiots around your season ticket seat

Although could potentially move away from them

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Vitriol :-  Bitter criticism, malice.  That does not relate to having differing opinions

This has been evident from a minority throughout the time I have attended, no matter who was in charge or how we were doing, nothing new so seems strange for it to be the reason to stop attending.  

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Which is fair enough if you’ve got idiots around your season ticket seat

Although could potentially move away from them

Yep, if I enjoyed watching Wednesday so much, I would not stop buying a season ticket purely because some mindless idiots spouted a load of rubbish. I might complain, I might move, but if it was something I enjoyed doing so much with my family it would not be the deciding factor in me no longer going to watch my team. 

2 hours ago, SWFC Trust said:

Most of us know that season tickets at Sheffield Wednesday are expensive.

This is just about acceptable, its probably true but its a blanket statement without any empirical data, better to have said "out of 1,000 fans polled 90% felt prices were expensive"...

treats fans as engaged partners in a collective endeavour and less like a cash machine

The situation regarding 2019/20 refunds, which is rapidly becoming a fiasco

...this isn't really the right tone when you consider this is apparently going to the club...

The Trust and its members stand ready to engage with the club on this issue.

...and undermines the final message.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We all have our hangups.  

Fair enough, seems strange to reference it in a thread where we are discussing our high pricing structure as a reason for a decline in numbers. Reasons like this one will be a very small minority in comparison to the pricing which is the crux of the debate.