If there was a good way to get knocked out...

We played the right team yesterday. We took no unnecessary risks with our more important players and gave valuable game time to youngsters. An injury to anyone critical to our chances of staying up would have been nothing short of negligent. Monk on the money again IMO.

And, you only need to see the reactions from those kids and the response on social media to see what a win that was for both them and the club.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Morepork said:

We played the right team yesterday. We took no unnecessary risks with our more important players and gave valuable game time to youngsters. An injury to anyone critical to our chances of staying up would have been nothing short of negligent. Monk on the money again IMO.

And, you only need to see the reactions from those kids and the response on social media to see what a win that was for both them and the club.

I wouldn't go as far as to describe it as 'a good way to get knocked out' I'd have much rather Fulham have picked a weaker side as well and seen us upset them.

As you say though it would be harsh to be too critical of the side Monk picked and great to see the youngsters give it a go in a competitive game where the result wasn't vital. They didn't disgrace themselves and if anything a few of the senior players let them down with their own performances. 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I wouldn't go as far as to describe it as 'a good way to get knocked out' I'd have much rather Fulham have picked a weaker side as well and seen us upset them.

I  know what you mean with the word choice, there's no good way to lose and I'm sure Monk will feel that. Anyone that's played professional sport didn't achieve that by being ok with losing.

Fulham actually put out a strong team, bloody inconsiderate!!! What pleased me was we were still recognisable in the way we've been playing recently despite all the changes and as you say if anything, older heads were the disappointments not the kids.

He made the right calls for the right reasons though which I can't be critical of because we need to start being smarter in all departments.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2