Throw ins

Throw ins are really simple but we have failed with them for the past 5 seasons. Yesterday, as in all other match days, we are throwing down the line in hope or to a player 5yds away...neither work.

Throw ins need space and movement...a system of 4 or 5 options...the art is to get the opposition to where you want them to be so that you can use one of the options...we have no idea and we're static.

19 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

They’ve not friggin changed. 
shocking today. No movement. 
need working on. 
only negative for me 

Yesterday was an improvement on the foul throws in midweek to be fair!

It seems like a minor point but it is incredibly frustrating given the amount of throw ins during a game. As has been said, it has been an issue for us for a long time, opposition teams seem to make a much better job of getting the ball back into play and retaining possession. 

For few montsh I planed to start thread about our throw ins and how poorly we take them. It takes us age to take them and we lose possesion from them more often then we get it. Luck of off the ball movement is Disgusting. 

It is said that first thing Klopp did after taking over at Liverpool was sorting out their throw ins as they can be big advantage. 

Would want to see closest player to the ball sprinting towards it to see if he can take quick throw for a start. 

Certainly something we should work on in training. 

For a few years now I’ve been thinking that whenever we get a throw in in our defensive third, we should deliberately take a foul throw to hand possession to the opposition. We defend their throw ins better than our own.

Only time we look reasonable at throw ins is when we have a Tommy Spurr type who can send it some distance.

• Like 1