Throw ins

No, it's a good point... we always look clueless at throw-ins... watch the game back and compare us to Watford, it's like chalk and cheese

I'm sure it's not been a priority on the coaching ground, but once they've addressed the more important stuff (looks like they've made a lot of progress), it's something that needs to be looked at and sorted. A game of fine margins and all that...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Nero said:

Normally the opposition allows the throw to go backwards unopposed but they pressed the throw really hard. Made it v difficult.

They didn’t really we just hardly moved. Obv u get marked but u got try lose your man. Create space. We don’t. Numerous times today we took that long I’m surprised throw wasn’t given other way. 

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Watched on ifollow, kept thinking it had frozen we took that long to throw the ball.

Send one man out, if he gets marked , don’t appear to know what to do.

Missing Atty down the line

Very true.  We give the opposition a chance to get set.  I was never a  Forestieri fan, but he didn't waste time on a throw-in, as soon as he got the ball, he threw it in, and Wednesday generally wasn't dis-possessed on the throw in itself.

There were far too many times when the person taking the throw just didn’t have enough options of who to throw the ball to.

This is capable of being easily addressed on the training ground, but players need to start to show the desire and confidence to want the ball and to use it creatively.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

They’ve not friggin changed. 
shocking today. No movement. 
need working on. 
only negative for me 

Been saying this for years. No matter who the manager is we do not seem to practise them at all. There is no strategy or method to us taking a throw in, yet if taken properly a throw in can be a real bonus. No offside from a throw in , so a good throw can take a winger behind the last man. Long throws can create havoc in the box and a well timed run can give a player a clear chance to cross from a throw in, or run in on goal. We just pick the ball up, look clueless and often lose possesion. Not so much lately, but we are still lacking a plan when taking them, plus a few in recent games have been close to being foul throws.

• Like 3

It's not as though throw ins are a rare thing either. You get loads every match, so they can play a big part in a game. 

Anybody remember seeing a player take throw in off a defender, when alone high up the pitch? I remembet Peter Beardsly doing it and a couple of other players too, but just a bit of crafty coaching and a throw in can be lot better than they are at the moment.

We've been utterly garbage at throw ins for about 15 years.  It's one of the single most frustrating things about watching us for me.  We give away possession in decent/dangerous areas so often just from lazy throw ins.  There's never any options or movement.  if we're in the middle third we just go down the line until the opposition win it back, if we're in defence we just try and smash it away (usually turning over possession), if we're in attack it usually just fizzles out with one option trying to take on 4 defenders on their own.

Just not bothered...