3rd after 23 games

Lots of rumours and speculation, including...

- The players getting wind of trouble over the EFL charge

- A bust up over the Christmas period due to a few experienced players wanting time off

- Another bust up as experienced players were told that they weren't staying after the end of the season

Any of those could have some truth, but I just think we weren't good enough to keep it up, and perhaps a bit of arrogance crept in, from players who had hit the playoffs twice before and felt it was nailed on.

6 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Lots of rumours and speculation, including...

- The players getting wind of trouble over the EFL charge

- A bust up over the Christmas period due to a few experienced players wanting time off

- Another bust up as experienced players were told that they weren't staying after the end of the season

Any of those could have some truth, but I just think we weren't good enough to keep it up, and perhaps a bit of arrogance crept in, from players who had hit the playoffs twice before and felt it was nailed on.

Maybe, but any of those situations could have been handled better The truth was, we were probably never as good as our third place Christmas position, but we really shouldn’t have been as bad as what has followed. As for the last sentence, I don’t think there were too many of the play off team involved at that stage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1