Wildsmith

For me Dawson is the better keeper, Wildsmith has been poor and similar to his last stint is beaten too easily.

Unfortunately with Westwood hanging around they are forever in his shadow and people will always look for ways to criticise whoever is in net instead. 

Will be best for both if they move on and get some confidence elsewhere, which is a shame as I think Dawson has the potential to be a decent no. 1 here.

2 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

I don’t have ifollow so not seen any of today’s game. 
How did we let 5 in ? 

poor GK ? 
Bad defensively ? 
poor formation ? 
fulham just too good ? 

people don’t want to lose the hearing & docked points, but from what Ive seen this year, we are L1 standard 

Wait til you see this one on the highlights on Youtube mate

You simply won't believe the goals we conceded today

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Sad to say but our goalkeeping frailty was exposed again today. 
Wildsmith could have done better with the first two and maybe the last one too.

Think we have to accept Westwood is a goner whoever our manager might be next season.

So a new Keeper needs to come in. One of Wildsmith or Dawson out on loan but what to do about Westwood?.

Guest mrbluesky
50 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

I don’t have ifollow so not seen any of today’s game. 
How did we let 5 in ? 

poor GK ? 
Bad defensively ? 
poor formation ? 
fulham just too good ? 

people don’t want to lose the hearing & docked points, but from what Ive seen this year, we are L1 standard 

Poor GK, all 5

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Your anger should be directed at Keiran Westwood mate

He's the one who has caused this situation nobody else

Why, what did he do?

Guest mrbluesky
10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Very droll

Do you think he had a good game?

I`m being sarcastic, I`m more pointing to this absurd thread 

Personally thought he had a decent game, his defense let him down, Neil said second goal was his fault as well 😂

3 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Personally thought he had a decent game, his defense let him down, Neil said second goal was his fault as well 😂

Not totally his fault but he was at fault, look at it again and watch how much of the goal he leaves open when he advances, got his angles totally wrong. 

As for having a decent game overall, think you will be in the minority on that one.

4 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

When the highlights video hits YouTube I'll post it on here so we can ask people if they think Wildsmith's angles, his position and how much of the goal he left available, and having his legs wide open were perfect or not

We'll put it to the people

Fair?

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

They have been crying out for the last few seasons to go out on loan and that never happened.

Not sure why people keep on with this myth

Dawson and Wildsmith have been out on loan at least 6 times between them that I can recall

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not sure why people keep on with this myth

Dawson and Wildsmith have been out on loan at least 6 times between them that I can recall

Wildsmith hasn't been on loan since 2015 and Dawson since 2017 and hardly made many appearances anyway. Both could have done with a proper spell as a number 1 at League One level to gain experience and learn from mistakes rather than being thrown in to the Championship, they make too many errors at this level.

Just now, Blue and white said:

I can recall Dawson going out on loan a good few years back but nothing else springs to mind. Not saying your wrong like.

Dawson has been to Alfreton, Chesterfield, Wycombe and Plymouth

Wildsmith to Alfreton and Barnsley

• Like 1

Just now, vulva said:

Keepers make mistakes. From what I’ve seen Wildsmith has done really well since he came back in. 

They do

But not to the level that both Dawson and Wildsmith have made in the last 6 months

The mistakes they've made have been real clangers and far too costly and regular 

Todays mistakes were real horrors

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

He could have done better with the second, he seemed only to advance to his six yard box and let the attacker have time and extra space.

First and fifth were debatable.  Defence hanging off the forwards giving them time to pick their spot.  Beaten at the near post is never a good look but it happens.

What annoyed me was the fourth, easy free kick where the wall jumps over the ball.

Just now, Manwë said:

He could have done better with the second, he seemed only to advance to his six yard box and let the attacker have time and extra space.

First and fifth were debatable.  Defence hanging off the forwards giving them time to pick their spot.  Beaten at the near post is never a good look but it happens.

What annoyed me was the fourth, easy free kick where the wall jumps over the ball.

How many of goals scored against Wildsmith have been at the near post in recent games?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Manwë said:

How is it the keepers fault when the wall jumps over the ball?