7 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Whilst I agree with much of this, he's 26. I'm not sure that counts as a 'young lad'!

It is to me...but I know what you mean...mature by football ages. He's not far off but I'm sure there are better full backs out there once we know where we stand.

7 hours ago, mcmigo said:

I am absolutely amazed that a free transfer of a released player from the mighty Brentford isn’t world class.   I am even more amazed that he didn’t entirely thrive playing a position he has barely played before.

So what is your excuse for him for the rest of the season he's played at RB?

It's nothing to do with expecting world class. I'm fine with players making mistakes every now and again, I very rarely jump on to criticise players, but he is constantly making them and they are really simple stupid mistakes, and it's every single game. The majority of time it's costing us too

Also, it's not like he offers anything going forward to make up for his mistakes either except for pace. Can't dribble or cross, doesn't contribute with goals

Edited by smhouston

9 minutes ago, smhouston said:

It's nothing to do with expecting world class. I'm fine with players making mistakes every now and again, I very rarely jump on to criticise players, but he is constantly making them and they are really simple stupid mistakes, and it's every single game. The majority of time it's costing us too

Also, it's not like he offers anything going forward to make up for his mistakes either except for pace. Can't dribble or cross, doesn't contribute with goals

Crikey, it sounds like we just signed a bloke who was walking past the ground reading that!

9 minutes ago, smhouston said:

It’s not an excuse , he is a free transfer from Brentford FFS. What do you expect from a free transfer from Brentford ?? There is no point hammering the player, he is a bargain basement squad player.