Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I don't know if you know this, but Football is a TEAM game.

Well in that case why mention Bannan, why not discuss what happened one phase before that!?!?

 

It’s perfectly acceptable to pass an opinion on a players performance and when you see his positioning for that second goal, I’m convinced that an experienced centre half wouldn’t have let the striker get on the wrong side of him like that.

 

In fairness to Moses, it was probably still playing on his mind that he’d gifted them the lead by giving away a 4th penalty of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GLOwl said:

Give her head a wobble Steve, really 😕

Just can’t see the point in creating a thread devoted to slagging off an individual player when in truth I thought he did ok playing out of position.

 

Those telling me he’s not a Championship player are probably the same people who slated Morgan Fox (we could have done with him tonight) and ignore the fact that he had a very successful season with Hull getting promoted to the Premier League.  He’s had 2 good spells at Brentford as well, and they aren’t too bad at spotting a player.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

not a winger though either is he.. id be happy to ship him out as soon as possible.

 

Probably not the right player for us. I think if Wycombe were to get promoted, he is the sort of player they would sign and do quite well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never been a centre half so I suppose Odubajo has to be given some credit for giving it a go.

Hope it’s the last time we have to rely on him there though.

 

Expected Tom Lees in there but Pearson said he was injured in warm up. Is that correct, I only managed to tune in to Ifollow at 7:42. Anybody know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like you have all found the new Fox/Nuhiu/ Pelupessy All other players you all really enjoy hating........

No doubt you were all booing him when his name was announced just so that he knows you can play better......

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Just can’t see the point in creating a thread devoted to slagging off an individual player when in truth I thought he did ok playing out of position.

 

Those telling me he’s not a Championship player are probably the same people who slated Morgan Fox (we could have done with him tonight) and ignore the fact that he had a very successful season with Hull getting promoted to the Premier League.  He’s had 2 good spells at Brentford as well, and they aren’t too bad at spotting a player.

This isn't a thread devoted to slagging him off, just debating his performance. In my opinion he didn't do "ok" he was shockingly poor. Gave the penalty away, mis-placed passes, embarrassing defending and comical acrobatics. Never mind what he's done before, we need to get shut of him. He is costing us lots of points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Expected Tom Lees in there but Pearson said he was injured in warm up. Is that correct, I only managed to tune in to Ifollow at 7:42. Anybody know?

 

Yes, I think it was supposed to be Palmer (left) Iorfa (centre) Lees (right).  But Lees got injured in the warm up, so Odubajo came in on the left and Palmer moved back on the right.

 

Odubajo has played a lot on the left in his career at wing back, so I can see why Monk did it.  And it nearly worked...apart from the pen and the falling over and the passing the ball to their strikers in our box and stuff.   

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Pointless thread really, Odubajo had a decent game.  As a team we weren’t good enough and never really looked like scoring.

after giving unnecessary goals away against a good team yer feel deflated, like weeing in the wind. I think if it was nil nil late in 2nd half we'd have have done em by 2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

after giving unnecessary goals away against a good team yer feel deflated, like weeing in the wind. I think if it was nil nil late in 2nd half we'd have have done em by 2. 

So if we hadn’t been 3-0 down we would have scored 2 large goals to win?!  Whatever you say :duntmatter:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lets be right here, he didn't have that bad a game..its just one or two people have their scapegoats.

 

the "penalty" in my opinion wasn't a penalty, its telling that the ref took about 5 or 6 seconds to award it and only after the wba players started protesting.

Harris hit the post....who sent that fantastic pass to assist him?

 

We didn't lose tonight because of Odobaju, he was by far not the worst SWFC player on the pitch

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dot said:

lets be right here, he didn't have that bad a game..its just one or two people have their scapegoats.

 

the "penalty" in my opinion wasn't a penalty, its telling that the ref took about 5 or 6 seconds to award it and only after the wba players started protesting.

Harris hit the post....who sent that fantastic pass to assist him?

 

We didn't lose tonight because of Odobaju, he was by far not the worst SWFC player on the pitch

 

 

Exactly


It's just scapegoat city as usual

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dot said:

lets be right here, he didn't have that bad a game..its just one or two people have their scapegoats.

 

the "penalty" in my opinion wasn't a penalty, its telling that the ref took about 5 or 6 seconds to award it and only after the wba players started protesting.

Harris hit the post....who sent that fantastic pass to assist him?

 

We didn't lose tonight because of Odobaju, he was by far not the worst SWFC player on the pitch

Really?

 

I’d go as far as saying thats up there with one of the worst performances I've seen from someone in a wednesday shirt - and I've seen some poo .  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jacko1992 said:

Really?

 

I’d go as far as saying thats up there with one of the worst performances I've seen from someone in a wednesday shirt - and I've seen some poo .  

 

I rest my case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...